Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Maggie lost her accent!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 605 - Now' started by 8307c4, Nov 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I am the taint of this forum.

#61 TGO, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  2. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Oooh! I got another one! :zombies_lol:

3. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

If there's one thing you've proven about Lauren Cohan's English and/or American authenticity, it's that you're a fanatic about it.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Sir Winston Churchill

Yep, that's you. Any argument made by way of defensive, personal extrapolation (and in heated repetition), does tend to come across as weak, desperate, insecure, immature, and so on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

Exactly.

5. CarlsEye

CarlsEye Member

I did actually notice a little British accent coming through when she was yelling at Erin in the tunnel but one thing I have noticed is her southern draw is always more pronounced after a break.

6. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Languages and accents are always in flux. IRL, if most of the population had been wiped out, a tiny group of survivors would be influenced by each other. Give that population one or two hundred years without television or phones or other input, and their descendants will have developed a distinctive way of speech that will be all their own. We will still understand them, but they will have their own interesting distinctiveness. Maggie is already demonstrating this inevitability more than the others. That's how I chose to look at it.

If TPTB wanted her character to maintain a strong Southern accent, a language coach would be monitoring her lines. I think she sounds perfectly believable. She doesn't have her father and sister around to reinforce her original accent anymore. Feels right to me.

7. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

Ok no matter how stubborn you might think TGO is...
    Whoever did this... what are you, ten?

8. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

The real question is, why would Cohan choose to talk in a British accent when American accents are just so much better?

Someone didn't give her the memo.

9. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I actually just got another saying "You deserve all of these". It seems they've run out of things to say.

10. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Thank-you for the high praise, I'm so pleased that I have such dedicated fans.

#70 TGO, Nov 12, 2015
  11. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

LOL. smh. they are ten.

12. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I prefer to think that they're just passionate.

13. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

I do have to say out of all the characters on the show, other than Daryl at times, Maggie is the one I have trouble understanding at times. In season 2 it was okay, but season 4 onwards I am not sure what is happening.

The pregnant line was meant to be hard hitting but it almost just popped out and was unnoticed. In fact my mum didn't even know she was pregnant when the episode ended because she didn't understand what she said lol. I am surprised they didn't re-rake the "I'm pregnant" line.

14. Brian and Pris

I think they are going to bring Glenn back and let Negan/Lucile kill Maggie. With her not being that loved as a character they add in the prego biz to make the loss all the greater. Glenn is high on the fan-love radar, Maggie...not so much.

Just a theory.

15. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Hm, I personally think Maggie, Sasha, Carol, Michonne, Eugene, Rick and Carl are in for the long haul at this point. Not only do most of those characters have future storylines to take from the comics, but they are our central cast now and while lesser characters like Abe, Tara, Spencer, Glenn, Daryl and Morgan (and so on) may die over time, they will probably be there until the end.

I personally think Gimple will use Morgan or Glenn (despite how piss-poor that would be) for the Lucille death, but I hope it is Daryl. Maggie as a character is fairly close to how she was in the comics at this point, only a much stronger woman.

#75 TGO, Nov 12, 2015
  16. JPG119

JPG119 Member

Somehow I can't see AMC screening a pregnant woman being battered to death with a baseball bat.

17. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Maggie is British. I love her accent when she's not in character.

18. Brian and Pris

Good points regarding Maggie. And you all are probably right. But they have made major deviations from the comics in the past, such as with Carol & Sophia, Andrea, Daryl (of course) and others. I have also heard that Carl is vastly different from the comics but I don't read them so I don't really know. I'm merely saying that I'm not putting it much of anything past them and I think they are in the habit of writing in the direction of fan approval as in the example of Carol and Daryl i.e. I think they might just bet on the winning horse.
    Glenn > Maggie

Like I said I could easily be wrong but I am not seeing them bringing two babies into the fold. They already seem to have no idea what to do with Judith. However, the point made about bludgeoning a pregnant woman is certainly well made. That would be pretty visceral.

and do you think they will have the gall to kill off Daryl? He of platinum fan-love armor? He's all over their twd promotions and such. Idk about that one.

#78 Brian and Pris, Nov 12, 2015
  19. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

@TGO You have one serious hater. This whiny little shit made me go back on rep LOL

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I think there's several of them doing it at this point, I received five lots of rep' like that in the space of a couple of hours. I actually find it rather funny that someone is that sensitive to my posts in this thread.

Contrary to popular belief on this forum, I've actually had far worse said and done to me on here than what I have posted before. This is actually my second account on the forums after a certain user (long gone now) tracked down my social media accounts and spammed them all with threatening messages.

I just prefer to have a bit of fun with these people and laugh at their nonsense.

#80 TGO, Nov 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.