Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Maggie vs Negan

Discussion in 'Episode 905 - What Comes After' started by Weallgotit, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Were you satisfied with the way the confrontation between them went down after all of the build up and Rick's injury?

2. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Not really. But I am not sure I would have been any happier if he had had a wry smile and beat her up etc when he was out of the cage. It was definitely a confusing one for me.Not sure what would have satisfied me in that situation...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I liked the scene in theory, I just think it felt strange. Negan sulking back into his cell, if he really wanted Maggie to kill him, he would have attacked her.

I would have been much more satisfied if she pulled Lucille out of her bag and after threatening him with it, she smashed it on the wall a few times and shattered it. Destroying it in front of him would have at least had a feeling of revenge.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Maggie has so much hatred inside her. All these boiling up anger (for the past year and a half at least) and frustration went away in just a minute is not very believable. But I understand the show just cannot use half an episode to show us a (truly?) remorseful Negan. So, I will have to buy this one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MichelleShell

MichelleShell New Member

I was not happy with last episode, Rick getting carted off in a chopper, Maggie having the chance for revenge and doing nothing, if you truly think about it, what would you do if your partner was murdered in front of you and you had the chance for revenge ( I know this is a tv show)
    would you just say ok because the person wanted to die, because he wanted to be with his dead wife, really, did he care when he was killing people that you loved?? as much as I have very much been enjoying TWD I feel the writers have lost their way a little bit,

• Like Like x 1
  6. Weallgotit

Now I think that would have really hit a nerve with his ass. I agree. He would have suffered from that more than anything else.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MichelleShell

MichelleShell New Member

Also I have to say jumping forward, what the hell? for one how did Judith get Rick's gun? rick used his gun to shot the dynamite on the bridge, plus how is such a flaky character as Ann have contact with people who have helicopters.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I think Maggie went to exact her revenge on a maniac, and instead found a weak broken man. He's been reduced to whimpering behind bars in a jail cell, so neutered and despondent that death would be a relief, so he literally begs for it. Although she went to kill him, I think she saw that his existence in this state is worse than death for him and didn't allow herself to be manipulated by him.
    Overall, I liked the scene. My only problem is that just a couple episodes ago Negan was still a very defiant and smug a-hole, and then very quickly became the headbanging, hunger striking sniveling shell of man we saw last night.
    Besides I really didn't think they would kill off Rick AND Negan in the same episode. Still think they should have killed him under that tree.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Weallgotit

I do think that Judith reveal was a bit over the top. As for Rick's gun, we just have to assume it was left somewhere on the riverside and someone from the group just happened to find it. We have to assume a lot of things leading up to the next episode actually.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MichelleShell

MichelleShell New Member

I agree Negan should have died under the tree by Maggie's hand, you say that they couldn't kill off Rick and Negan in the same episode, they didn't, Rick was carted off in a chopper and Negan was on the floor crying because he wanted to die to be with his dead wife, Really!! as I said I feel the writers have gone off track.

11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

But Maggie got the best revenge. She realized making him live his worst nightmare was better than killing him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I think as soon as she finally got to see him in the light, how deteriorated he was, and then his breakdown......she got her best justice leaving him be.

13. Kernunnos

Kernunnos Member

The only way I can buy this, is if Maggie truly believes that leaving him in the cell is crueller than killing him.