Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Maggie Vs. Rick

Discussion in 'Episode 816 - Wrath' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 15, 2018.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

God, I hope not. All Negan had to do now is sit in his cell thinking of a way to get even with Rick and steal every thing that's being built up. Why would Rick trust him not to f**k him over in some way?

2. Reina

Reina Active Member

They will still be able to play out the Maggie and Negan from the comics this way. It's how I took it, anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. dron13

dron13 New Member

Guess Maggie forgot who really got Glenn killed.

4. Reina

Reina Active Member

No, she was there and saw what happened. She just doesn't blame her friend for being protective and what a sadistic, ruthless person did to her husband.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. cycles

cycles Member

Negan is too dangerous to keep around and he deserves to die. The decision by Rick to keep him alive was stupid and selfish.

I just don’t get why they needed to write a scene with Maggie concocting a sinister plot. She could simply walk in and shoot Negan in the head. She doesn’t need a secret meeting with Daryl and Jesus to discuss it first.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Reina

Reina Active Member

I don't think that was up to discussion with Maggie.

7. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

That could explain why her stomach hasn't popped yet. While I would have loved to see Rick do Negan in, Negan still plays a big role in things to come if they follow the comics (not that they have followed the comics lol).

8. Bettie

Bettie Active Member

Maggie has every right and reason to be upset. She lost her husband, she's been a target of Negan's for most of the last two seasons and he is a clear and present danger, even locked up.

I really, really wanted him dead too. I think Rick is making a huge mistake. Negan adds nothing positive to the communities.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I didn't realize Maggie miscarried, granted it's kind of obvious by now but when did that cat get let out of the bag, when did she find out / tell someone?

10. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I bet Eugene is on Maggie's side. He must be the most scared person to know that Negan is alive.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

I think we’ve seen a very brief scene at hilltop ... way after The Night... where Maggie is getting a sonogram and everyone looks happy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

Oh, but you are wrong. He adds the pretty.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

I happen to agree with Maggie wholeheartedly. In a world now where morality is at a minimum, seeing the love of your life and father of your child murdered in front of you is enough to make anyone snap. In her case, revenge is justified. Her wanting Negan dead and disagreeing with Rick and Michonne and enlisting Jesus and Daryl's help to get that done in my opinion is going to make for great future episodes.

Remember, not to long ago Rick ripped open a man's throat with his teeth and eviscerated another for attempting to harm his child. Why would Maggie's bloodlust by any different?

I would think what she witnessed was more traumatizing. #TeamMaggie

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

How can Maggie even consider this plan? Rick got Alexandria and probably the Saviours on his side, and The Kingdom Im sure won'tt meddle in this or join Rick. Also Junk-Lady herself got some weird connections and she is probably joining Rick in Alexandria and adding to this...Negan is in Alexandria. He probably end up as Ricks new right hand man in a bizzare way as Maggie, Daryl and potentially Jesus come with their farmer militia to try and take out Negan as he stands on the walls with Rick.

The question is...what would Hershel have done? He would probably agree with Rick!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Franco

Franco New Member

In that world it is dangerous and totally naive and stupid to think you can keep Hitlers and Mansons alive without prisons and guards or that you can redeem them in such a primitive world. Maggie is right simply to protect the innocent and because of nothing more, Negan has to die just like you couldn't keep the governor around to grow tomatoes. Other people that have done much less than Negan have been killed without a thought, so why should Negan be given more.

To me it makes the show less watchable when the masses illogically support an action that would not naturally come. But this last season has expected us to swallow a lot of stupid an unrealistic actions by the characters. I have been unsettled of how many fans like the Negan character, come on! He is sadistic, childish, a murderer and he rapes women since none of them married him willingly....people should hate them but they dont. I feel like the WD writers are out of material and now write the show around Jeffery Dean Morgan. Its like carpenters designing a job around a hammer.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

I am hoping for a mutiny within the mutiny....
    I hope maggie gets it. :D:D:p

17. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Its only a theory some fans (myself included) have.

Maggie and the rest of Rick's group got caught because she had baby pains and they were trying to get her to the Hilltop's doctor. Maggie, in her weakened state, watched as Negan bludgeoned her husband Glenn to death.

Since then, Maggie hasn't suffered any baby pains, she was evasive when Rick asked about the baby in the season 8 premiere, she's all but adopted the baby Rick found in the Savior's satellite base.

I think Maggie revealing to Rick that she had a miscarriage after Negan killed Glenn would've had an emotional impact to the season finale, and Rick still refusing to execute Negan would highlight that Rick's more concerned about honoring his own loss (Carl) than honoring anyone else's.

#37 Rapscallion, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. batongal

batongal Active Member

I don't like it. Rick grabs the glass, slashes Negan's neck knowing full well that it's meant to kill him than has a change of heart? One second murder, next save him? At the very least give Maggie the decision on what to do with Negan, if she wants revenge then so be it. Technically he still would have been honoring his son.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I guess Rick's natural "cop" instincts kicked in and decided to lock Negan up

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I think I just threw up a little........ Sounds about right for the way this show has gone of late.