Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Maggie's speech

Discussion in 'Episode 1102 - Acheron Part 2' started by Miamicuse, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

What purpose does it serve?

They were looking for a justification to not even make a last ditch effort to save the kid, yet her answer was "I have seen worse"?

It's not so much letting the kids die, but the precious seconds wasted to debate letting him die instead of doing something such as opening the door to let him through, or looking for something to barricade the door in case they were able to break it open, or to boost up to the top of the car and run over to the next car, open the top and bang on it to get the walkers to turn around to the new noises. The kid has a knife he used to kill himself surely he can dispatch a few walkers on his own to hold on a bit longer.

Also very surprised Negan and Gabriel did not oppose Maggie's decision to let go.

Negan didn't help Maggie, true, but he tried to help the kid in the last episode. He has always been one to protect kids so I would expect him to try it, what is Maggie going to do, shoot him in the back for trying to help?

What about Gabriel, who in the back of his mind must be thinking about how he closed the church doors and windows to keep his congregation out, so now he is faced with the same situation, basically a chance to do that over and he just stood there and said nothing? That made no sense.

In the end they spent all their bullets to clear the walkers anyway.

#1 Miamicuse, Aug 31, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

it served no purpose except to waste time.

3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

They tried to explain why Maggie is the way she is now. But it failed.

If they were still in the beginnings of the ZA, it could be understandable. But 10+ years in, almost everyone is hardened.

I am finding the way Maggie is being written - annoying.

The truth is out there

4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

They have problems when they make characters change. It doesn't usually feel natural. Morgan is a huge case of this. Carol has been another. When writing is done well you see events transpire and you naturally go with the character and you understand their development. On TWD it's often this sudden flip of a switch and they struggle to explain why a person is acting a certain way. Then sometimes, which is even more aggravating, they flip back again.

Maggie has been away for awhile, so that's not as big of a problem if she comes back changed. What I did have an issue with though is her suddenly allowing that guy to die without even attempting to rescue him. It seems as if they're trying to draw her on an equal plane to Negan. But then if she IS that ruthless, why is she keeping him alive?

5. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

If she is that ruthless, then why was she even angry that Negan didn't help her up the ladder?

Not to mention why Father Gabriel said nothing as what Maggie did to Gage is what Gabriel did to his church members.

6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Gabriel is one who they've actually shown his evolution a bit better. He killed Dante in cold blood and he's been more hardcore in recent seasons. The Maggie part though just doesn't line up. It's more having the character meet plot points than what they'd actually do in these circumstances.

7. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Well, I think Maggie was still angry cause Negan killed her beloved husband and it gave her a reason to strike out at him again. I get it, but that happened almost in a different universe. Certainly in a different time and place and life has moved on. Maybe she’s gotten harder but Negan has moved in a different direction as well. Maybe they’ll meet somewhere in the middle. Maybe after their subway experience they already have. They’ll certainly have to have each other’s backs to survive this next threat.

8. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

A thought just occurred to me.

Daryl was absent when Maggie made the decision to let Gage die. The only people who opposed were Negan and Alden. FG was hesitant but bit his tongue.

If Daryl was there, would he have let that happen? I doubt it. So they made him take a detour so he would not be around to see that. That may have been reason #1 for Daryl going off in episode 1, even more so then to set up the attack of the walkers from both ends, I think.

#8 Miamicuse, Sep 3, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  9. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Interesting - you could be right! That incident would have certainly made Daryl take a fresh look at Maggie and consider whether she’s someone he still wants to follow. I’d like to think that he would have at least tried to save the guy with Negan and Alden.

The irony of the situation is not lost on me: the only two people wanting to save the little traitor shit (who’s no big loss to the community) were ex-Saviors!

• Informative Informative x 1