Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Magmiko and the Route

Discussion in 'Episode 907 - Stradivarius' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

On my first watch, it didn't even dawn on me that they were representing Magna and Yumiko as a couple. I knew they are a couple in the comics, but their cuddle session flew over my head as just survivors nestling in together somehow. Great couple! Magmiko. Yumga? Yumikna?

Secondly, in dialogue they stated they found the Stradivarius in a mansion just outside of Philadephia. In the "kid's room". So we can complete a likely route they took to Alexandria. Perhaps they headed west from Philly and took a turn after the chaos in Coalport for some reason. Then stayed in Jones Springs for awhile and now finally ASZ then Hilltop.

Lastly, I highly doubt this is true, but its not impossible that the mansion and the kids room where a nod to Fivel's house from the video games. Some of the characters in Telltale TWD Season One stayed in a mansion [outside of Savannah if I remember right, not Philadelphia]. It had a child's room [Fival] and was the type of artsy place with paintings that you might find a Stradivarius. Its a stretch, and like I said its probably not deliberate, but the similarities were worth mentioning.

[​IMG]

#1 Neuropyramidal, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Yumagna? lol, I don't know, I suck at nicknames. I wondered if they were a couple, but not being a comic reader I didn't know. The story Yumiko tells about Bernie and then Magna's reaction to his walking corpse made me wonder if they were a couple. Apparently not, but that was a good scene, I'm looking forward to more Magna - she is an interesting character to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Neuropyramidal

Yeah Magna definitely had a bond with Bernie. Even stronger than the other characters it seems. Bernie was

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Can we just take a moment to acknowledge what a badass Yumiko is. No way could Daryl topple a shed roof to barricade walkers with ONE ARROW (or bolt)

And I love that they did not have her speak with a different accent, rather opting to have her keep her native accent

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

That's peculiar and kinda ironic since Tara is the complete opposite as she is open about her sexuality.

Also yes I noticed the Magna Yumiko comnection, I also thought (srry can't remember their names) the deaf woman and the interpreter female were a thing as well.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Connie and Kelly are sisters

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

It's the writers that dictate what the actors do. Could have just as easily been Daryl or now Carol bringing down a shed with an arrow. NBD

8. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

WUT.
    I have to watch it again. haha In my defence I watched it while doing a million other things at 12:30 am on a worknight.

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

NO!!!!!! FOR REAL??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

YES!!!!!! FOR REAL??!?!?!?!?!?!?! :)
    I know it can be hard to believe sometimes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah the cuddling flew over my head too, but it should have for me as I didn't know they were a couple in the comics. Cool pairing!

12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I think Magna's appearance in the comics is pretty close to where I stopped reading, so I didn't realize they were a couple but for some reason already knew/assumed they were. So maybe i did actually read it in the comics, or read a spoilery post here or there. I noticed the cuddle sesh too.

13. PepperAnn

That's EXACTLY where I stopped reading. Their appearance. Lol

14. Neuropyramidal

Oh I thought you read farther than that? Did you read the whisperer arc?

15. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Yes, most of it...

16. PepperAnn

How? Magna came before the whisperers. Lol

17. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I have no idea...it's been such a long time, it's possible i read past that and then forgot about them.

18. PepperAnn

Probably, from what I hear they were not very prominent.

19. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That would make sense then, because i remember them but not much about them lol.

20. StaceFace

StaceFace Member

I read the comics so I knew that they were a couple. Also knew that Magna tries to hide it
    I felt like the writers were going to go with a different direction when mentioning Bernie because it seemed that Magna had a real connection with him. They way Yumiko describes their relationship when traveling on the cart and then how Magna reacts when seeing him as a walker. It wasnt until I saw them cuddling in the barn that I thought "Oh, maybe they are still a couple OR they will eventually build to a romantic relationship".
    I think we're going to see little snippets of their relationship, but from an inside view, secretly.