Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Magna

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by Melo, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Melo

Melo Active Member

So after the s09 trailer i thought to start Magna's thread!

Nadia Hilker is the actress to play her character!

I've seen Nadia in the tv show ''The 100'' (Luna) and in the movie ''Spring''.

She is a very talented artist and incredibly gorgeous!

I totally love this choice!

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. BadassRick

BadassRick Active Member

I love the choice as well. I think her and her crew have the potential to revive The Walking Dead. While it is definitely sad to see Andrew Lincoln go, I can acknowledge that him leaving frees up the writers to create a fresh new story from scratch, without being constrained by what previous showrunners have done. And I think Magna and her crew will be whom the writers accomplish this through.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Melo

Melo Active Member

Yeah Magna's group in general looks so good and they can bring a fresh start. With Rick leaving i thinkg there won't be a #1 character but many characters will step up and fill his void in different ways. Magna can be one of them!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Let's hope so. It's funny because what people are saying about the tv show version of the character now are the same things people were saying about the comic version when she debuted in 2014 (how she was going to take the story in new directions).

In the comic they started off cool as well but it soon became evident that Kirkman had no story planned out for Magna and her group after their introduction arc. And as a result they pretty much became just a notch above background characters for about three and half years of comic releases.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Melo

Melo Active Member

^
    I like Magna in the comic a lot, but yes i would love to see more of her.. In the tv show she has the chance to shine if they change a few things and give her a bigger role.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Melo

Melo Active Member

She is so so so Magna! Nadia can play her really awesome!
    ( This is not a photo from TWD, it's from the 100 )

[​IMG]

Also.. if the Whisperers ''take'' Rosita (which i don't f*ing want) Magna will be my new favorite gal on the show.. Rosita will always be my no1 though!

7. Melo

Melo Active Member

8. Melo

Melo Active Member

9. glennt

glennt New Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Would anyone be gracious enough to give me a short description of what her character brings to the story? Is she part of a group? Does she travel alone? Thanks for the 411, or even just any one of those numbers!

11. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I'll mark it as a spoiler for the sake of others who might wish to not know

12. lastcat3

Definitely. Though it has been disappointing that she hasn't received anymore development than she has in the comics it didn't really hurt the comic because there were still a lot of fan favorites around. In the show however with them killing off Glenn a couple seasons ago and now with Rick and Maggie being taken out of the story the show really does need to create some new fan favorites (especially considering that more actors will likely be wanting to leave in the coming years).

They definitely can do it as Rosita is a good example. Rosita in the comic was basically your standard 'hot girlfriend' character that seemed to strictly be there in order to make Abraham look that much cooler. The show turned around and made her a much more well rounded character.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Melo

Melo Active Member

I hope too that tv show Magna will have a better storyline!

14. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

I agree it was a great casting.

Magna gets a lot of fan love in the comics but her development seems to have totally dropped off.

15. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I really like her so far, she seems real. The way she really wanted her knives back reminded me of an early Michonne. Do you think we'll ever find out why she was in prison?

16. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

The actress that plays her does a good job and making her seem hardened. The actress is also gorgeous. Still think someone needs to hand her a brush though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Camilleyun

Can't argue with that! Both she and Carol need some good leave-in conditioner.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. lastcat3

Probably so. The prison part is completely made up for the show (I imagine in order to incorporate the tattoos that the actress has into the show)

Comic Magna simply came from Richmond and that is all we know about her pre appocalypse past.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Camilleyun

I hope you're right and they really flesh out the new characters. With so many leaving, we need some new faves. I like everyone in this group, Magna and Luke in particular. I'm also glad they've seemed to tone down Zeke's flamboyant speech somewhat, I like him but he was initially like a caricature of a character.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Dem lips. Magna is so yummy.

• Agree Agree x 1