Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Magna's Group

Discussion in 'Episode 906 - Who Are You Now?' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I for one really like them. I think they are cast well, acted well, and will make a great addition to the show. With Connie's hair it may have been more realistic that Luke was a stylist, but still ;). Interesting they are remixing them at the Hilltop....

Perhaps with Maggie gone.....Hilltop needs a new pair of shoes? I mean leader.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

First impression's really good for me too. That androgynous kid will quickly become one of my favorite character I'm sure, and she's beautiful too. Well, the three of them are - the apocalypse spared a lot of fine looking ladies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Neuropyramidal

Luke won the apocalypse.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I like the new group, too. I don't understand how you survive the apocalypse for so many years when you can't hear danger sneaking up on you, but these are such appealing characters, I am contentedly suspending disbelief.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I like that the element of wondering if you can trust someone is back. Introducing someone new, spending all our time analyzing them trying to determine if they are good people or bad.

I especially liked how their introduction mirrored Rick's introduction into Alexandria. How they pointed out that they were a tight group made up of people who would never have bee together before the fall. And how one wanted it to work and the other wanted to take over. Had Michonne and Rick vibes to it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I was on the fence about the group until their scene at night when Luke calls out Magna for confiscating Yumikos (very clever) weapon necklace. The conflict and how that conflict was dealt with as a group was a great moment. I was iffy about Luke but he redeemed himself and then some in this scene.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Luxi Turna

Luxi Turna New Member

How do we know maggie's gone (in world, not the actress quitting)?

8. Luxi Turna

Luxi Turna New Member

Nakedcity: I LOVE your gif of peter waking up from Dawn! The fact that nothing moves but his eyes makes it so understated!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Probably the most memorable scene from the most memorable zombie movie. Well, IMO of course.

10. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I really like the new group. I'm guessing on their way to the Hilltop they prove themselves to Michonne, based on the previews and the trouble they apparently find.
    Didn't Michonne say that "she" might take them in? Who is that? Enid?

11. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

I think I heard "she" too. Am I the only think thinking it's messed up that Michonne is basically saying "Well I don't trust you all enough to let you stay but let's just bring you to Hilltop. Don't care if you kill all of them."

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

That is not what I took away from the scene. I immediately thought about that collective gasp from the council audience when Michonne basically outed Magna as person who was serving hard time for a crime that we are not yet privvy to. With that information now running rampant among the ASZ citizens I imagine that gaining acceptance from the majority would be a herculean task. Hopefully we find out some answers next episode because I have a ton of questions LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

respect to this show for acknowledging diversity and not falling into the easy trap of tokenism

having said that i really dont like magna's attitude

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yea, I sort of took it as Michonne gaining some level of trust but not enough to let them live in Alexandria. I imagine whatever happened to cause her to be so distrustful of people, and probably gave her that scar, didn't happen to Hilltop. So the are more willing to take people in. So she's sort of giving that group a passing grade but still isn't allowing new people in.

• Like Like x 2
  15. kcspurs

kcspurs New Member

Do we really need more people joining the community. This lot look so boring

16. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I do not read the comics but I bet the story will develop with a fairly strong emphasis on these new characters. They could not be just introduced and then nothing happens about them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Neuropyramidal

lol, that is

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Neuropyramidal

Really? A former inmate, a chubby music teacher, a deaf woman and her overprotective sister, and a wildcard. They have pretty dynamic personalities at times already incongruent with each other. I think this group is the opposite of boring.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

They are being sent to the Hilltop because Jesus will heal the deaf so that she can hear the music teacher play.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Not gonna lie, I get bad vibes from Luke. He seems fake, but maybe his over acting was what bothered me.

He seems like a Gabriel or Eugene kind of personality to replace, well, Gabriel and Eugene now that they are pretty hardened.

Wouldn't be surprised if Luke somehow gets duped by Negan to let him out of his cell.

Everyone else seems really great though!!