Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Make H1Z1 different ..

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by Gromit858, May 30, 2014.

1. Gromit858

Gromit858 New Member

.. from DayZ and Rust.

Thing is, this game flat out copies elements from the two. There's nothing here that does anything innovative. I'm not saying that's a problem (they're great games), just pointing out the bleeding obvious!

However, instead of combining the two games, and making them more playable; H1Z1 can easily take from these great games, stabilize them, and take the next step forwards in the genre.

As it stands: you are a person who has an equal chance of surviving in this world as everyone else. There's just no realism in this approach. No person today has exactly the same skill set as everyone else (I might be able to cook a tasty chicken, but building a zombie-proof barricade?!?). Even when it comes to firearms, some are better with a pistol than a rifle. Still others are better with a 40.cal than a 9mm. Point is, everyone has strengths and weaknesses, why not make that a part of the game. A team is always more likely to survive than an individual (other than Chuck Norris). Skill trees/classes would work great, and need to be implemented in these games. (As much as I love Skyrim, the crafting system is utter crap. Any character I create can make leather armor from wolf skin?! Balls to that idea.)

The other problem I have with the current games is psychology. I can beat a man to death with a rock, and it's all good. Seriously? There needs to be some method of detecting and portraying the mental stability of your character. If I go around beating peoples' brains in, shouldn't I twitch in some way, laugh inappropriately, or maybe have self-inflicted wounds. From a distance you might see a regular player, but up close, there's signs that I'm not all there.

Maybe even implement side-effects it on both sides of the screen: I'm a psycho who's killed everyone I've met, and we meet. You see a drooling nutter, and I see a zombie! My world is so screwed up I can't even tell who's who, or what's what!

But this can be contrasted with those who try to survive, and make good of what they have. Sure I'm surrounded by zombies, it's night, I have no shelter, the world has gone completely mad, but I've just combined water with flour to make bread. I've been fishing, and cooked up my catch good, and proper. I've combined my bread and fish to make a very tasty sandwich. The world isn't quite as bleak as it may seem. I'm not twitching, or cutting myself! People who meet me know I haven't quite lost it.

#1 Gromit858, May 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2014
  2. Riji

Riji Member

Adding psychology into the world.... Interesting, very innovative, and honestly not entirely far from SOE's potential technology. It'd probably just work similar to BioWare's good/evil, light/dark, paragon/renegade system where you go up or down depending on your actions. However, I've seen games do things like that and it becomes hard to track your "good deeds" and your "bad deeds". It could def be a good change of pace, but probably something a little more difficult to code and implement into the game itself. I'd like to see it though!