Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Make it a Point to say positive things

Discussion in 'Episode 913 - Chokepoint' started by Sharpie61, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

lay on all the absolutely gushy things

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am confident I will have have much to gush about

3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Yay Daryl got shot in the face <3

4. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

I am confident that I will be pouring a beer in 30 minutes

5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

In my world this episode has been the weakest of season 9B. With that said I still enjoyed the episode and a few points stand out to me.

First of all I giggled out loud when Dog chose to follow Connie. Good Dog. And of course moments later we find out that she knows exactly where she is headed, the construction site where her group stayed and have hidden supplies. A vantage point and knowledge of the layout before hand. Smart thinking Connie

I enjoy that Connie stands her ground, goes toe to toe with Daryl. His word is not the final word.

Dog channeling his inner shiva - I was scared as hell that dog would meet his end in that moment.

I will never be certain if these were meant to be call backs to past episodes but in my minds eye they were:
    • Henry's wound to the leg gave me flashbacks to his brother Ben's fatal gunshot wound to the leg. I was worried for a milllisecond
    • Daryl stabbing Beta in the shoulder with a small knife, reminiscent of Beth's attempt to stab and fatally wound Dawn (with those damn scissors)
    • And while this one is a stretch I could not help but be transported back to season 5. When Carol says (paraphrased) "we'll talk to them and if that does not work then we'll kill them". Reminded me of the episode with Rick in his constable shirt talking with Carol and Daryl about Alexandria and he says "if that doesn't work then we'll just take this place from them". This one is probably just because I miss Rick so damn much.
    Let's give a shout out to Addy - her walker kill, while not astonishing in nature, was solid for a teenager who probably spends most of her time behind walls

I was genuinely nervous when Beta had Daryl over the saw blade

I have no clue what the pairing of Daryl and Connie will develop into. And honestly I am not shipping them. But I do enjoy the chemistry between the two characters. Right now they are teamed up out of Connie's stubbornness to follow Daryl into the night. Will friendship develop? I hope so. I want Connie around long term. And Daryl needs a friend

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Pretty much sums up my feelings as well.

I like that Beta is a more brutish version of Daryl. Both trackers and both much smarter than you would think. To me they are similar yet different in the same ways Negan and Rick were similar yet different. They are the perfect foil for one another.

The fact that Daryl got the upper hand on Beta by outsmarting him, even though Beta figured it out at the last second....just a second too late. Round 2 should be amazing.

Connie and Daryl, like you, I don't want to see them become a couple, I still believe Daryl works better as a character without a romantic relationship. However, of all the "ships" that people have had with Daryl, Connie is the closest one that I would agree with. I actually think they work very well as a team and their chemistry is amazing. She won't take his shit and he seems OK with it. It's as if he knows he needs someone to put him in check.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Agree that Darryl shouldn't be romantically involved with anyone, and I don't think he will. I do like the pairing though and think they could become very interesting accomplices.

Disagree that this was the weakest of 9B. On the contrary, probably my favorite. Nothing too dumb apart from Beta getting back up from that fall, something that was to expect, but still...

• Like Like x 1
  8. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed this episode, the fights with the Whisperers were entertaining to watch and Henry’s injury reminded me of Benjamin’s injury right away and me and my mom were like “uh oh is he gonna go out the same way?”. Beta def shoulda had something dropped on him in the elevator shaft but he’s coming back angrier and badder than ever.

9. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Tammy Rose also deserves a shout out. This old lady survived being in a wagon surrounded by walkers as her baby cried, watched her husband come under attack, and gathered the courage to rescue him, taking out multiple walkers along the way. And she was successful too. What a boss.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. StaceFace

StaceFace Member

I really enjoyed this weeks episode, it wasnt the weakest episode by far in my opnion. I like that at the beginning of season 9B we saw Daryl basically being a lone ranger, searching for his best friends remains. Carol brought him back into the community, and now he's taken on this sort of 'big brother' role with Henry, giving Daryl another purpose in the group, a reason to be a part of everything again. I thought it funny how
    before saying they had to go.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yeah, that wound in the same area as Ben's had me worried for a bit also

• Like Like x 2
  12. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I saw it more as Daryl seeing it was going too far and breaking it up. But maybe the same thing. Lol

I am loving what they are doing with Daryl this season.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. StaceFace

StaceFace Member

See I never saw it like that but that also makes sense - Lydia is new so the group still have to be very careful - who knows her real intentions?
    Either way though it's nice to see Daryl taking responsibility for others again and not just looking out for himself. I think that Daryl will come to accept Lydia more as time goes on as he was also abused so he can emphathise with her situation somewhat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Totally agree.

• Agree Agree x 1