Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Mama Maggie went full "Carol" & Carol full Mama

Discussion in 'Episode 613 - The Same Boat' started by AnnieOakley, Mar 13, 2016.

1. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

Blown away by both of their performances, and Melissa McBride was her epic actress self, showing her Motherly side (the immediate kill upon threatening Maggie's baby via that cut), while still mixing her ruses (acting "pathetic") and genuine crying for fear of herself, crisis of conscience and trying to prioritize Maggie.

Lauren Cohan (Maggie), then went full Mama Carol (that Tobin talked about) - but in Terminus style - on the Saviors by taking them all out like Rambo. When she killed the bleeding walker guy and then the other two, she looked ice cold and in super survival mode. Cohan nailed her transformation as a character into part-Carol as beautifully as Melissa McBride nailed her intricate balance of motherhood, guilt, killing and deception.

I'm too excited form this episode to say it all correctly, but in essence, they both blew my mind, and in an escape where they both needed each other equally to complement the ways they expressed their motherhood. It was badass, convincing, beautiful and the music at the end, and Carol's emotion, as well as Maggie's was stunning. It was the ultimate self-reliant, survivalist plan with two seemingly different characters thus far on the show, with the perfect presence of ethos, pathos and logos in the course of their escape.

And an extraordinary end to the motif of smoking "killing you", from the beginning with the wolves, to the end, in which it was the very tool to set that room afire. For Carol to go full Carol again was also a revolutionary moment of realizing she must do what's necessary to protect everyone, and to make best use of that killer cigarette.

So much to say, but this is all for now. Your thoughts on these two playing an amazing chess game with so much raw, brilliant acting by both... and lastly accompanied by some thrilling music to bring it all home.

Your thoughts on the above, the role of motherhood, how it affects killing, the actresses performances, the tier movement of Maggie, cigarettes around pregnant mom backfiring in the most awesomely literal way... go ahead. Do your worst!

#1 AnnieOakley, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Monitor Man

Monitor Man Member

i bet maggie gonna lose her baby

3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

yes! Thank you...for a minute I was really discouraged reading the comments, thinking I was the only one who loved it this much.

4. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

Thanks. But often, the forum gets off to a slow start post-episode, partly because air times vary around the world. That said, these gals deserved a thread for their collective badassery, and remarkable acting. Here are some pics to add to the above (more coming soon, e.g. of Carol's last "cigarette" and Maggie's fighting):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Carol has been my favorite for awhile. I joke with the people I watch with that if Carol gets killed (or if the writers mess her up like they did with Andrea) I will stop watching.

6. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

The ladies were fantastic this episode! Carol is such a chameleon. Maggie was ruthless and I loved it. Fantastic performances.