Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Marks on the trees

Discussion in 'Episode 503 - Four Walls and a Roof' started by Woodstock, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Hi everyone! I first signed up at the beginning of the summer right after binge-watching the first four seasons and getting hooked on the show. This is my first official post (aside from introducing myself back then).

So, Gareth basically admitted to making the marks on the trees so they could find their way back.

And, we saw Morgan looking at the mark on the tree in the first epi.

Could these two things be connected or just a coincidence (not the marks, but the fact that Morgan was looking at it, could he be involved somehow?)

#1 Woodstock, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  2. Sildee

Sildee Member

Back in the episode "Alone" ( I think that was it) Rick finds Morgan, who has loads of guns and has set up a nice base, where Morgan explains what happened to Duane.
    Morgan was quite crazy at the time, but Rick told him about the prison. Later on, Morgan might have come to his senses and went to look for the prison. He found it destroyed.

He probably followed the signs to Terminus like Rick & Co. Then he found the sign that Rick edited with dirt , "no sanctuary". There was a visible time skip, as the grass and plants there have shown a decent amount of growth.

Morgan looked behind him, and saw the marks. He started following those, as those marks must have been there for a reason. He probably finds the church after that, since that's where the marks end.

So no, Morgan is not connected to Terminus or the markings. Besides if they have some kind of plot twist later on.

He'll probably meet up with Rick a few episodes later. The other people in Rick's group don't know him yet, so we'll see how that pans out if Rick isn't there when he finds the group.

3. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

That's interesting, I hadn't noticed the grass/plant growth. It fits in with something I read earlier about time jumps and season 5. I'll pay closer attention on rewatch.

4. Lupey

Lupey Member

I missed this part. When did this happen?

5. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it was when he was talking to Bob while munching on his leg.

The episode with Morgan was 'Clear'.

6. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Right at the beginning of the epi when he's talking to Bob, he says "You know we marked our way here so we could find our way back".

7. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I think there are artistic beavers in the woods.

8. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you do NOT want to google 'artistic beavers'.

9. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Yah, no, I was not planning on doing that. :zombies_censored::zombies_lol:

10. Lupey

Lupey Member

Thank you. The marks in the trees and who did them was driving me CRAZY. I HATE unanswered things like that!!!!!!

11. MerlesRightHand

MerlesRightHand New Member

If I remember correctly, the marks Morgan saw were a circle with an X inside. The marks we saw close to the church were a single slash. I wonder why they were different, and if this will be included in the plot in the future, or if it is just one of those things we never find the answer to.

12. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Yes, I was wondering that too, the two marks might not even be connected. And then there was the guy at Terminus who had the mark with the circle on his head.

13. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it was assumed (and understood) that the terminus folks made the different markings on the trees. Just because they aren't all the same, doesn't mean there were other groups that also did markings necessarily.

14. T Dis

T Dis Active Member

The mark on the tree by the church was from when they attacked Bob. They hit the tree when they hit Bob in the head (and possibly made the mark larger so that it would be noticed), and Sasha saw the mark, just as she saw someone run into the woods, then got attacked by the two walkers. Gareth said he marked his way there.

Gareth: You know, we marked our way here so that we could find our way back after. So stupid right? I mean...Back to what?

Opening scene for 503 while talking to Bob, before Bob starting laughing about the 'Tainted Meat' :)

15. tink

tink Well-Known Member

They had lots of different marks. The one by the tree where Bob got clubbed, the A on the church, and the circle with the x.

16. T Dis

T Dis Active Member

Yeah, forgot about the A. :)

The A on the church was to let Ricks group know that they were basically back in Box Car A, and were going to be a boxed lunch. Did you notice that not a single one of Rick's group seemed to recognize that the big, red A was even there? o_O

17. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

Morgan worked in the kitchen at terminus. He would defrost it and season it.

18. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

That surprised me too. Not even a glance.

• Like Like x 1
  19. T Dis

T Dis Active Member

Nice tag line by the way. :)

20. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Good foresight by the Hunters though. The place did end up being a slaughter house.

It seems too as if the church has become a graffiti magnet in the ZA.