Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Marks on the trees

Discussion in 'Episode 503 - Four Walls and a Roof' started by Woodstock, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Bernadette

Bernadette Well-Known Member

I wonder about the group seeing the A as well.

2. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

The group likely saw the A when they went outside to retrieve Bob.

(This assumes that the group actually went outside to retrieve Bob. I mean, he just magically appeared in the church after a commercial break. Lazy writing there, expecting us to figure out how Bob got inside.)

3. Bernadette

Bernadette Well-Known Member

I forgot about that. Makes sense now why we didn't notice them noticing.

4. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Thanks! :) Pearl Jam quote.

5. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

I'm sorry, I've never bought the idea that the Terminites made the x marks with the circles around them. I know Gareth said they marked their way back, but if you're tracking someone who's moving steadily, do you really want to take the time to make nice neat circles around your x's (and place them on trees really close together)? Those were pretty darn nice circles. Almost like someone had a Dremel tool with them or something, or a branding iron - neither of which is particularly practical without either a portable power source or fire.

And as Gareth implied, why bother marking your way back to Terminus? I would assume everyone who survived Terminus is with Gareth at the beginning of x503, so what is there to return to except a place that's completely overrun with walkers? And even if you did want to go back, aren't there like, a million maps out there pointing the way to Terminus? And it's not like Terminus is some hidden shack in the woods - it was apparently a pretty major pre-apocalypse railway junction, and even an idiot should be able to find their way there by simply finding an old Thomas Bros. map or something. Or just follow your damn nose in a reasonable direction when you inevitably stumble upon a railroad track.

I don't have a better explanation for the marks, but I just don't buy the explanation we've been given.

[end of minor complaint]

6. Walker709

Walker709 Active Member

To be honest, they probably didn't notice the "A" at Terminus either, they probably were thinking about a lot at that time.