Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Mary

Discussion in 'Episode 1010 - Stalker' started by BlackBird, Mar 2, 2020.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

A pretty awesome episode for this character, who's now clearly made her choice to leave her Gamma persona behind, ally herself with our people and atone her horrendous act of killing her own sister by wanting to be there for her nephew. I really enjoyed the way Gabriel got the truth out of her, her confession was heartbreaking, but also liberating. She's got nothing to hide now.
    A lovely scene with Judith, and she saved Rosita. I'm hoping she will get to live now, and Lydia will have a friend. I don't see any more big story coming up for her now beyond that, can you? It seems like they've tied this arc in a neat bow.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm pretty certain Gamma/Mary is going to survive this season now. They might show her in peril at some point during the war, but I'd be surprised if they killed her off after she survived Beta. She seems to have bonded with Rosita and Judith now, and previously she did with Aaron. So it looks like she'll end up fitting in.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Mary seems to be an adaption of the family that left the Whisperers for Rick's group in the comic. Only the son got developed much (infact the mother wasn't even given a name).

Joshua was the characters name and he was mainly the character that Sophia spent time with while Carl was shacking up with Lydia.

https://walkingdead.fandom.com/wiki/Joshua_(Comic_Series)

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

When she was at the gates of Alexandria and she threw her mask down on the ground (with a slight splat no less), I knew in that moment she had not only physically but also mentally and emotionally removed herself from the whisperers. Having the Alexandrians eventually believe her was an added bonus. Either way I do think that Mary was finished with that part of her ZA experience

• Like Like x 1
  5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I want to like Mary's character, and I do to the extent that I can. What holds me back? Thora Birch. She's so mechanical and robotic the way she acts the part. For me at least.

She did MUCH better in her role in American Beauty and that was YEARS ago. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I think the writers and actors think they at times need to approach these characters as though they have lost their personality. Which at times can make the performance seem mechanical.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. BlackBird

I think that can be true. I felt slightly put off by the somewhat robotic acting too, and wondered if it was intentional. Because the Whisperers are meant to keep their personalities under check, and this young lady here was forced to do that over many years. But from the moment she started talking to Gabriel about her nephew, we could feel the personality slipping back into the character, and her scenes in the cell were very touching, I felt, full of life and very well acted.

So yes, I believe there was a directional instruction here on how to play the character.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Ok, I will go with that to make myself feel better.....even though I still don't think it's intentional deep down. :p

9. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Well, Thora cleans up really well. Looked nice on TTD.

10. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I can see them giving the bow one last adjusting before the opera by killing Mary off in a final scene where she sacrifices her life to make sure the allies win. Perhaps dying while saving Carol from Beta, or some such. I actually would love to see her live to S11. They could make it a nice contrast to Jadis, showing how people have grown and are more accepting of someone who was part of a group who has wronged them. I predict that she dies in 1015 or 1016, but i'd be happy to be wrong here.

11. BlackBird

She might die protecting her nephew. That would be awfully said.