Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Meet Us On The Kill Floor

Discussion in 'Episode 613 - The Same Boat' started by br0k3n, Mar 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Probably one of the best lines delivered by Carol ever. So raw.

2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It was a nice touch. They're hitting all the right notes in the second half. Even the small stuff is working.

3. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

It was a superb trap... But I wish one of the guys had said... " whew... stinks like gas in here." just before carol tosses the cigarette. lol.

4. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

They should have thrown the Zippo lighter, not the cigarette.
    Gasoline rarely ignites (well, except in the movies) when a cigarette is thrown in like that.

5. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

I beg to differ, I have started many a bonfire doused in gas with the tossing of a cigarette.

_ Now in reality though- that gas would be breaking down, in fact all of the gasoline in TWD universe would be decaying and most likely not usable anymore. But- since everyone is still using cars and bikes- the gas must still have some kick in it...which is bullshit- zombies aside-

Gas loses its potency over time and this also applies to Diesel and Kerosene. Diesel for example if stored at lower than 70 degrees will last about 12 months without any additives provided it is kept in a sealed container.

6. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

That was amazing!

7. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Powerful emotional intensity in her performance that really resonated with me.

8. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

I thought their choice of where to trap the scouts was appropriately named, but at the risk of sounding like Captain Obvious, the whole metaphor of holing up in a slaughter house that ended up being a slaughter house for Negan's folks was pretty cool.

9. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

A bonfire with material doused in gas maybe, but that puddle on the floor?
    It's not like they were holding it just over the fuel, rather they threw it.
    More than likely in real life the cigarette would've simply fizzed out, pffft, done.

Fuel also lasts a lot longer when stored outside of direct sunlight, and the cooler the storage the better. Not sure about diesel but I've kept Kerosene in a cool and dark storage for years, gasoline loses out the fastest by a long shot... If the gasoline is stored underground it might last longer, not sure but I do agree, most of those vehicles shouldn't be running on the gasoline that's been in the tank for how many months (not to mention the battery).

Yah well, suspend some more disbelief lol

#9 8307c4, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  10. GermanZombie

GermanZombie New Member

Spill some gasoline on the floor in room, wait 15 Minutes, now lit a cigarette.

Can you say *boom*

The gasonline will mix with the air to an explosive aerosol.

This happened to many people the went to they storage room /Cellar. A open gasoline container is enough, gasoline will mix with the air and booom.

I Think in reality, throwing the cigarette in that room with explosive aerosol, would have blown up the hole room and the door

11. rainycat

rainycat New Member

How did Maggie and Carol know there weren't like fifty guys on the way to that location?

12. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

I'd have to read transcript or re-watch to be sure, but I don't think they did know a hard number. I think it was a bit of a gamble on their part, hoping that Rick & Co. would be nearby also.

13. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

You just trying to sound cool? Lol

The liquid part of gasoline isn't what ignites. The vapor is what ignites. It needs a spark or flame, and if it is in a spray form, it will ignite even easier (how a gasoline engine works). It would have had a better chance of lighting when Carol lit the cigarette with the zippo (when there was an actual open flame) but she was not close enough to the fumes in the room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMrj9VFl2cY

Anyway, that was a great moment in the episode. The pause and hesitation was perfect.

14. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

Im not trying anything... I am citing actual reference to real event of lighting bonfires. dumping some gas onto a palate and palm frond pile has plenty of nooks and crannies to collect fumes. said fumes poof violently when cig is tossed on.

also- if you want to limit it to the episode-
    that room would be filled with vapor since they poured all the gas on a concrete floor... so yea.. the cigarette would definitely light the "fumes".... Jeez... obtuse much.

While I like your video- it is outside and you can hear the wind in the mic.. so there is ZERO _ vapor build up.

if you look closely- the cherry of the cigarette bounces off the floor when the fire ignites. approx 59 seconds

** I will concede that it is not the best way to light a fire, however, the cigarette will ignite the fumes._ Since they poured the gas on the floor and waited, it is reasonable to say that there were fumes present.

[video=youtube;rJJPVWVsfVE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJJPVWVsfVE[/video]

#14 Ron Lambert, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  15. batongal

batongal Active Member

Agreed. Loved her delivery, the way she sounded just like Paula, how she said it with such disgust, it was brilliant.

16. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

Haha calm down Spark Plug. No spark, no flame, no ignition. It's how it works.

The video was just an example. An actual example. You posted a fictional video to back your statements. :zombies_confused:

17. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Another up vote for Carol's delivery. I also caught the snarkiness in her voice to match Paula's. It was such a contrast to the pain and regret on Carol's face.