Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Melissa McBride will not be reprising her role for the spinoff

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by lastcat3, Apr 28, 2022.

1. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Reports are coming out today from Deadline that McBride is out of the spinoff now.

Will be interesting to see if this show still happens.

2. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Well, maybe Daryl will bring Connie along? This potentially breathes life into the character of Connie? Dog will go along too!?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Smart move because there's nowhere else for her character to go at this stage. Since the show was previously announced, maybe she recently got an outline of the content of the spinoff and didn't like it.

4. lastcat3

Definitely possible. The official word is because they are filming in Europe but it's hard to believe that she would have originally signed up to the show without knowing where they would be filming at.

I guess it is possible they changed the location of the shoot after she had already signed on.

5. lastcat3

I wouldn't be surprised that if this show still ends up happening it will just be Daryl by himself meeting new characters along the way.

6. Stealth

Hmmmm. Filming in Europe. Andrew Lincoln is from the UK. I wonder if they're just going to have Daryl looking for Rick in that series now, since the movies are never happening.

7. lastcat3

That's definitely possible. When originally putting this show together I could have seen them still working under the impression that Rick stories were still going to happen. Now though that the final season is wrapping up and interest in the series is continuing to dwindle I could see it that they have officially just decided to wrap his story up in a show.

8. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

Since the announcement of the show, I’ve felt that it was a red herring to make us believe they were safe and would live through the end. Same thing with Maggie and Negan. Although they have named that show. Why would you spoil the fate of main characters a year in advance? It makes no sense and then there’s no build up at the end. But then again AMC loves their cash cow.

BTW: I’m not that active here these days but I do still read the live reacts and rate the episodes. I miss you guys and the others that aren’t active any longer. I’ll be back in full force for part 3! I look forward to discussing with everyone. Cheers!

9. Stealth

That's another thing that annoys me about them. They're ending the series but they haven't concluded the story of the main character. It would be like Breaking Bad ending and we have to watch Better Call Saul to see what happens to Walter White.

They've just about checked every box on the list of what not to do with your TV series.

10. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

11. lastcat3

No one should be blaming actors and at this point probably not even people like Angela Kang or Gimple. AMC deserves almost all of the blame for what has happened to this franchise. They simply don't seem to be willing to make the investments that are needed these days to have a hit show.

It's extremely hard to make something when you aren't given the money to make it.