Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Mercy Halloween Eggs

Discussion in 'Episode 801 - Mercy' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Lots of call back to previous episodes during the premiere, here is a list of some of the Halloween eggs so far:

To get the obvious out of the way first, we have Rick waking up in a fashion familiar to his coma sequence, complete with flowers [alive this time] and a stopped wristwatch, like the stopped clock in the hospital [which itself showed the time 2:17, an homage to room 217 from Stephen King's The Shining].

Next is the entire Carl getting gas sequence complete with a similar upside down car and semi truck on its side. Carl spotted a kids scooter and bike, while Rick spotted a tricycle, I believe. And the actress who played Summer, the little girl with the teddy bear, returned to play the similar looking walker after Rick scared off Siddiq.

Orange Backpack was convinced to make another appearance after he got behind on his property taxes! His first appearance since Denise was arrowed through el nogginus, I think.

Tara was wearing the orange glasses she found in the Gift Shop in S7 just before discovering Denise was dead, as well. Next to her, Carol looked down at some graffiti flowers, "look at the flowers" Carol!

The electrocuted walker was Joe Giles, who played the Bus Walker from the pilot episode, who followed Rick in Atlanta.

This could be a stretch, but Negan said "let me ask you somethin, Rick", in kind of a Shane-ish way.

Of course the camera may have been a call back to the photographs the saviors used to take of their victims.

And the episode near the end with the bird's eye view of Gabe and Negan is of course similar to the tank view at the end of the pilot.

That's what I've got so far.....probably more to follow...

Any others??

• Like Like x 3
  2. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Saviours used to take photos?

3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Lmao. Sorry that made me actually laugh. ;)

They took polaroids of each Lucille victim. Remember when Glenn came upon the collage of all of them at that satellite outpost? And Dwight threw the pic of Glenn’s bashed in head into the room Daryl was locked in at The Sanctuary.

4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Ohhh I didn't remember that! Thank you for pointing it out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

are we certain that the gas station character is Siddiq?

6. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

7. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

Excellent observations, though I would like to expound just a little on that graffiti next Carol. it was a Cherokee Rose. Spotted that right off.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

"And the actress who played Summer, the little girl with the teddy bear, returned to play the similar looking walker after Rick scared off Siddiq."

The same actress! I didn't know that.

Now I am wondering if walkers age in normal time, as they deteriorate. You would only be able to tell with children walkers.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Neuropyramidal

Haha well it wasnt suppose to be the same walker. Just a callback to the pilot. But Addie Miller is 17 now. Full adult size.

10. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

It totally worked as a callback. I said, That looks like the teddy bear girl!!!! and it really was. lol

I didn't know I was having a Velveteen Rabbit moment: when the rabbit comes back to visit the boy and the boy says to nurse it looks like his bunny that got lost when he had the scarlet fever--and it WAS. :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Neuropyramidal

Just finally watched the episode a second time: a few more eggs.

Gordon, the savior who escaped and Dwight chased, was seen as a walker in the mote. The RV they destroyed was the one Aaron and Eric scouted with. And owls were mentioned in the flash forward, a call back to Jessie's owls.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rocky

Rocky Member

I wondered about this, and of course we have the owl that Daryl killed whilst our group was on the road before the prison.

It was associated with a festival I think. Would that festival ape some festival from before the ZA? Either Native American or something else, is the owl a significant local symbol around DC now or has it become important post ZA to the Alexandrians?

What I'm asking is why and owl? It's almost pagan.

13. Neuropyramidal

I think they just used an owl as a Jessie callback. Because she was big into owls and Rick knocked over her and Sam's owl statue.

The festival is probably after All Out War to unite the three communities under an umbrella of joy and moonshine.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Daytona Coupe

Daytona Coupe New Member

The brand name of the stopped wrist watch in the opening "dream" sequence is "little ben" homage to andrew lincoln's home country across the pond via big ben.