Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Merle can't go back

Discussion in 'Episode 315 - This Sorrowful Life' started by bula412, Feb 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

When Merle tells Michonne that he can't go back, do you think that he is literally talking about going back to the prison or do you think that this is like a preview of the whole "coming back" mentality that is the focus of season 4? I think Merle was telling her that he can't make a new start. He can't come back from the guy that he has become. It's just something that crossed my mind as I'm watching the marathon

2. Governor

Governor Member

Probably, that episode was written by Gimple.

3. SMOKELAHOMA

SMOKELAHOMA Member

Both. I think it was literally go back as well as the "comeback" mentality. She also gave him the "pure evil" speech, basically saying that if he was pure evil he wouldnt feel a thing after he talked about being able to handle the weight of the decisions he makes.

4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I believe Merle meant that he couldn't go back to the prison. The group, especially Glenn, hated him; he felt he "lost" Daryl to the group, Rick talked him into trading Michonne, and from Merle's experience (military and civilian), returning from a failed mission has nasty repercussions.

5. Monty70

Monty70 Member

Merle was definitely talking about going back to the person he was before Woodbury. Brutally killing sixteen men the way we saw at the end of S3 Ep3 (the National Guard ambush) would fundamentally change your soul. Merle knew that he wasn't coming back from that.