Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Merle goes to Atlanta

Discussion in 'Episode 102 - So Close, Yet So Far' started by Johnnie Walker, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Johnnie Walker

Johnnie Walker Well-Known Member

Today, when I was at work, I was rewatching this chapter and I made some thinking. Merle is a racist, sexist and addict redneck whose ideas are pretty clear to everybody and with a clear problem when taking orders. So I would like to know what was thinking the amazing mind that decided it was a good idea to send him with a group of people composed by a Mexican, an Asian, a black man and two women, one of the color he doesn't like.

2. Walkers Ate Me

I'm not sure. Glenn said it was his first time taking a group with him. I'm not sure why a group was assembled in the first place. Maybe Merle forced his way into going with them?

I really wish we could see what the Atlanta camp was like pre-Rick with Shane in charge.

3. PookieSpaghetti

Well I think they took anyone that could help grabbing "stuff and things" (^^). Merle definitely had the skills needed for that mission.
    And if they didn't have done that choice, well there would'nt have been this whole arc :)

4. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

What people forget is the fact that, besides his drug addiction and his one-man leadership mindset, he is a military vet.. so he know how to fight and knows how to survive.. He could be very usefull, but a pain in the ass either.

5. Lawwry...Korral

Lawwry...Korral New Member

I think we get a good idea of what it's like, about 3/4 through the first episode,
    and the throughout 'guts' and 'frogs'. I get the idea he was a resounding voice but definitely not a leader like Rick turned out to be. Shane probably kept hope alive, helped maintain equality and peace in the group, and was a high chair in the decision making of where, when, and how the group chose to move.