Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Merle hitting on Andrea...

Discussion in 'Episode 304 - Killer Within' started by nlew, Nov 5, 2012.

1. nlew

nlew New Member

Ok, did anybody else feel that they needed to take a shower after watching Merle hit on Andrea? I felt extremely grossed out and borderline molested just watching it. Michael Rooker plays a great bad guy!

Andrea's first reaction to Merle's comments was not what I thought it would be either. She seemed almost complimented and not offended by what he said. Did anyone else get that feeling or is it just me? Is it possible that she will be Woodbury's new hussy?

2. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

lol at the "hussy" line. Andrea is just elated to feel a sense of "normal". Everyone should chill, she will see the light soon enough. She had it the WORST out of the farm zombie herd raid and just wants to chill for a few days...give the girl a break!

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

I thought it would escalate and there would be a physical conflict, but I guess Andrea just knows her way around people like Merle. Also that scene shows that Merle still got some Merle in his blood.

4. ChokeHldsIllegal

I was a little surprised at the amount of "tender" moments Andrea and Merle had. They share the loss off a sibling. So i was not as surprised when she was not "offended" or upset by his remarks. Plus, she has been alone with Michone for 7 or 8 months? She IS a woman. : ) Let's not forget Andrea and Shane's "Lover's Lane" moment after they took out some walkers together. AND there is another thread started about her flirting with the Governor. I think she does know her way around certain kinds of men.

5. Eat ALL the Cheese!

Andrea is a woman who survived law school. And she was a civil rights lawyer, on top of that. I imagine this isn't the first time she's been borderline molested by a man. I don't think she was flattered so much as she's had enough experience with it and knows how to deal with the situation.

6. Maggie

Maggie Member

It depends on the situation. Merle is a mountain bred redneck, through and through. They have a certain kind of direct charm - to say to Andrea "How come we never hooked up Blondie?" was actually a compliment, and I'm sure she took it that way. They have shared history within the ZA. She owes no loyalty to Rick etc. She owes no loyalty to Merle, however, his devotion to finding his brother I'm sure touched her deeply, since she felt teh same way about her sister.

Does she like Merle? No, and her return comment was spot on "Cause you called me a whore". She didn't get in his face, she didn't escalte it, but she made it clear that she is not interested.

I myself have had similar interactions with the farm bred good ole boys - come on's and sexy conversations are the norm. If they like you, they hit on you. Nuf said.

7. nlew

nlew New Member

Eat ALL the Cheese!: I hadn't thought of it that way. Maybe she is just good at handling herself in situations like that. Kudos to her then for not getting the heebie jeebies!

8. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes last week we went from a slightly broken Merle to a Merle who is starting to get his ah Merle back.. haha !!

9. nochange

nochange Member

TV Andrea has a thing for the bad boys! I mean cmon. Shane, Merle and the Govna?

10. Bubbletub

Bubbletub New Member

I thought that was cute , it fitted Merle's character perfectly,came off as total compliment. Merle also seems more stable since being left on the roof at least with authority :D

11. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

I feel like I need take a shower every time Andrea does anything lately. She's flirting with everyone and being a total c*** to Michonne, who kept her alive for eight months... Michonne had no obligation to do that for her. I want to like Andrea... I really do, but damn it, she's just determined to make me hate her. I hope she pulls her head out of The Governor's ass soon, because she's making me sick.

I like Merle more than I like Andrea... And I thought it was funny that he was hitting on her. That's the kind of thing he does...

#11 Gilligan, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012
  12. Eat ALL the Cheese!

Really? She's flirting with everyone? It's been three seasons and this is the first time Andrea's been interested in a man. Show me how she's flirting with EVERYONE. I guess I missed the scene where she goes house to house in Woodbury, advertising her sexual favors.

And how is she being a C to Michonne? (can we please not use the C word to describe women? It's extremely offensive). She was willing to leave with Michonne, she was listening to Michonne's arguments, hell, she even admitted that Michonne was right and always kept her safe. She's been asking Michonne to be forthcoming, but all Michonne does is stare, scowl, and throw tantrums. How do you expect Andrea to reason with a giant toddler like Michonne?

The misogyny in this fandom is infuriating.

13. Phenton123

Phenton123 Member

Andrea needs to get laid..AGAINN!

14. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

To respond to the topic - I thought the flirty scene between Andrea and Merle was really bizarre. How have these two bonded to the point that they're bantering about how they never hooked up? And I do think that a weakness of Season 3 so far is that we have no idea what sort of bond Andrea and Michonne have formed over their months together. They both behave like neither of them know anything about the other. Why does Michonne want Andrea with her anyway? Why do they want to stay together? We've got no idea what the basis is for the intimacy between the 2 women. How the hell do you include paragraph breaks in this system? When I hit return nothing happens.

15. Twistiburger

Twistiburger New Member

Yeah it grossed me out lol

16. Dazo

Dazo New Member

Andrea wants to get laid by the Governor. Michonne needs to open her mouth n tell Andrea what she suspects happened to the National Guard before Andrea falls under the power of the D.
    Andrea is annoying. But Michonne may feel that if she leaves her in Woodbury, the Governor is simply gna find n kill her (Michonne).
    Merle still has quite a bit of the "old Merle" left in him. Of course he'd hit on her, "new" tail. It's going to be interesting when Daryl has to pick sides. I feel it coming.

17. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

Anyone else think Andrea is gaming the men of Woodbury and Michonne is just being too impatient? I know she's come off as kind of stupid but what if she's just playing them like she was playing Shane?

18. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Considering the previews where Andrea says "We haven't done anything!" (I suspect that's the moment she finds out they are prisioners), I wouldn't tell to have that kind of hope.

This is another reason why I simply dislike Andrea, I felt very DISGUSTED she actually smiled at Merle at that moment.

Andrea definately hooked up with Shane, flirted with Governor, had that moment with Merle and had a momento of chemistry when she meets Ricks. Pro-Andrea fans cannot really defend anymore. They seem to have very short memories about his show.

#18 Voncroy, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  19. mermaidgirl

mermaidgirl Member

In the comic books, Andrea was a law clerk...quite a step down from a lawyer.
    And yes, she was definitely flirting with Merle. And the Governor. And, am I the first to say it? I had the distinct impression she and Michonne were more than just friends. And that may be why Michonne is ready to get out of there. She sees what Andrea is too busy flirting to see: things there are bad. I do like the comic book Andrea but the show one comes off as always looking to hook up.
    I am a flirt and I know one when I see one...she was having FUN with Merle. And my bf is in the 'she's got a plan' camp but I don't see it at all...she looks to me like she is settling in to have a good time.
    Pllleeeaase, tv Andrea, prove me wrong!!!

20. Writer

Writer Member

I've tried to like Andrea in the beginning, but Season 2 brought on a dislike for her when she sided with Shane. She seems like she is going to be the one who comes on and|or sleeps with everyone. Then, her responding to Merle the way that she did made me feel like I needed to take a shower.