Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Merle is Afraid of Michonne !

Discussion in 'Episode 306 - Hounded' started by EvoQ, Nov 19, 2012.

1. EvoQ

EvoQ Member

I had been waiting to see if anyone brought forth this discussion, there are so many I didn't want to post just for the sake of starting a new thread but PEOPLE...

The BIGGIE of the WHOLE Episode is that Merle is Chicken Shit scared of Michonne!

Reason I say this is that Merle has a group of 3 other guys with him and they go out searching for Michonne to kill her just like we thought that the Woodbury henchmen would do. So Merle and his 3 amigos are out tracking Michonne, being very careful cause they know that Michonne is a total BadAss with the Blade..but is Michonne that good at overall fighting and Tactics as well ? I guess they found out the Hard Way. Michonne killed 2 of the scouting party very quick-like...Michonne cut this new guy that has the weird name shortened to Neil..and Michonne even got some good licks in on Merle...but Merle pulled his gun out and randomly shot and got Michonne in the leg. This new guy with the weird name was all into going after Michonne...but Merle wanted to LIE and tell the Guvnor that they got her...later we learned that the Guvnor wanted Michonne's head for his 24 hour TV news Network. but weird named Neil wanted to keep going after Michonne...Merle is scared of Michonne so Merle kills his own guy to thwart any more attempts that day to go after Michonne............Merle is NOT the BadAss he gets credit for, Merle is a Chicken Shit Scared old man.......I thought that was the biggie of this episode...and led to Merle telling all sorts of lies to the Guvnor...and when the Guvnor sees Michonne all alive like, I wonder what he is going to do about Merle ?

2. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

merle would have killed her i think. it'd be hard but he would win.

3. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Merle is a racisit and a bully. They're all chicken shit at heart. I don't know why people think he's a badass.

4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Merle's afraid of the Governor too.

Merle kept pressing to kill Michonne because the Governor ordered it. After two close calls Merle had enough and was prepared to return to Woodbury with a false story. When Neil started pressing to kill Michonne, Merle killed him, and did you notice Merle's reaction when the Governor asked about Michonne's sword?

5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yup. This is what I have been posting about in another thread. Merle is definitely afraid of her now that he knows what he is up against.

6. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

lol. He hadn't thought his lie all the way through. that look was priceless. I don't think the Governor bought that story.

7. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Neither do I. Merle's returning with Glenn and Maggie probably bought him a reprieve.

If Rick and the group rescue Glenn and Maggie, and Merle survives, the Governor is going to be very disappointed with him.

8. RoadWarrior

RoadWarrior Member

Merle disarmed Michonne in seconds, even though he only has one hand and she had a long sword.

9. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

Oh, I bet the Governor is going to want Merle's head in place of Michonne's. It already seems like Merle is still in his probationary period with the Governor, still needs to prove himself. I'm sure this will get him terminated.

10. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

I actually didn't think he was afraid of her at all.
    He disarmed her, but she kicked his ass. I think that that was enough for him, too close... but fear? Hmmm no, not exactly. He wounded her. It was also an unfair fight. Merle had three man with him, but anyway...

I do think if he ever catches Michonne, it's gonna get ugly. And Mich is a pretty dark-skinned woman...

11. goddesscally

goddesscally Member

Yea that was kinda shitty...i got the impression she was a good fighter and Merle--well he just was a druggie redneck with VD.lol
    The only reason Merle got the drop on her was cuz of the writing. Character-wise,Michonne woud have sliced him into 5 pieces before he could have said boo.

12. goddesscally

goddesscally Member

I love Michonne! She's the best badass since Xena! Merle wouldnt stand a chance cept for the poor writing of that encounter. The reality was she could have sliced him and those goons into pieces but they wrote in the guns so Merle would get the upper hand and wound her.
    Would have LOVED to see her hack off his good hand--watch him wind up with two stumps.lol ....no offense to the actor who plays Merle--hes brilliant at making Merle completely dislikeable.

13. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

He simply recognized he was not the better fighter, he said so when he said he didn't want no more.

14. yangxai

yangxai Member

Yup, put me in the camp that says he's afraid of her. Remember that before the fight they were in the area with the zombie Go back sign. Merle was so eager to continue on the hunt. But after the fight with 2 of his companions dead and getting his ass'd kicked by a sword wielding michonne while his group had guns; he started making excuses about how they were getting close to the Redzone. However they were still near to the zombie go back sign. The only reason he would be so eager before, but start making excuses now is because he was afraid.

15. ZombieHunterTx

ZombieHunterTx New Member

Merle is in it for Merle. He will do what is best for himself, every time. If it came down to it, I think he would sacrifice Daryl to survive. At the core, Merle is a coward. His own pride and misguided sense of superiority will eventually be his downfall.

I think Merle underestimated Michonne. I believe he his racist and sexist beliefs allowed him to truly underestimate Michonne, at first. If Merle hadn't wounded Michonne, I think she would have taken him out.

I saw fear in Merle's eyes. I don't know if it was fear of Michonne or fear of the Governor, but he was definitely afraid.

#15 ZombieHunterTx, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  16. WalkingRed

WalkingRed New Member

Michone is such a great addition to any group. She uses no ammo, and can kill multiple zombies in a matter of seconds. She has her wits about her, is agood judge of character, and won't let anyone mess with her friends. Merle isn't going to last long once they meet again.

17. arroncarlton

arroncarlton Member

Of the 3 seasons, Michonne and Merle are definitely the most skilled fighters. That was established on the rooftop in season one when he could not be controlled... although Rick was able to win that battle. We were also reminded skills last week, when he took on Martinez (Who hopefully is writing in more, in future episode). At the end of the day, everyone has their match, Michonne was his. Merle used hit wits in this scenario, it was a loosing battle.

18. EvoQ

EvoQ Member

You should tell this to Andrea...That's why I am so against and Dislike her/Andrea's character. Michonne could be the Best Friend you could ever have in this ZA World. And Andrea just threw Michonne away like a paper plate at a Family Reunion That Pissed me off so much and I will be willing to bet that It Pissed Off Michonne to no end. Michonne carried that Stupid Bitch Andrea for 8 Long freaking Months, made sure she was safe, got her food, got her medicine, kept her warm, out of the rain and cold...OMG and Andrea just practially dis-owned Michonne for Wodbury and the Guvnor's big D Machine. Andrea is going to have a Come-Up-Ance and SOON Hopefully. If I had any say I would have the Guvnor's Daughter take a Bite out of Andrea and then Have Andrea turn into a Zombie so that Milton could then Experiment on that Idiot Biatch...that Might make up for the shit she has put so many through.....Andrea is a Plain IDIOT...and Michonne was her Best Friend in the Whole wide world.....I don't even have a friend that I would consider like that, and I doubt many other people do either, and this isn't the ZA World..well almost but not quite !

19. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

i saw merle disarm michonne with 1 hand. I dont know if he is afraid..

20. Writer

Writer Member

I wouldn't say he is afraid, per say. I would, however, wager that he severely underestimated her. She is darker skin, and, from season 1, we know that he is a racist. Plus, he seems sexist, also. He was living high in his staged fights; nothing could touch him. I would say he thought never in a million years would a darker skinned woman would get the better of him.

After she kills his men and the zombie attack, he probably wagers that the Red Zone would finish her off. After all, she's injured. Why spend the precious energy that one has in a ZA on a hunt for a doomed woman, anyway? So, he concocts a story, a lie that is likely believable. Of course, he had to kill "Neil" once he decided not to go along with his plan.

He couldn't have predicted that the Governor would react the way that he did. And, he didn't respond very believable to the Governor at that part. I think his days are numbered when Michonne returns with the others and his deception (poorly executed at that) is revealed for what it truly is.