Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Merle is Afraid of Michonne !

Discussion in 'Episode 306 - Hounded' started by EvoQ, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

...bully? xD

2. ggill09

ggill09 Member

I dont doubt that he is afraid of her when he has low numbers, but who wouldnt be?! Clearly she can strike quickly and cause huge damage!! With more people, in a more open area though, Merle definitley has the advantage. You have to learn to mind your surroundings.

3. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

A lot of us think Merle is Tough character, eats a hammer shits out nails kind of guy. That usually gets you the bad ass tag, which ya i think should be reserved for Good natured, tough characters. and not just tough characters.

Physically tough, but not smart, and definitely evil. I'm a hair under 6' 190 and I'm quite sure the character of Merle would whoop my ass in a fist fight.

The whole time with Neil i couldn't quite tell if Merle was being completely racist by not calling him by his name, or If it was a challenge to Neil to demand that Merle use his correct name. ultimately Merle shows us he was just being racist because when he tells the governor he calls him Neil.

I also think Merle was scared by Michonne. he fears her for sure. When merle was left on the roof he completely panicked. After michonne killed 2 of his men (the 2 who would have actually shot at her at that point) ya he wounded her and was still feeling in control.

When they both disarmed each other (He lost his gun, and she lost her sword) she still bested him, Then he realized that if he continued chasing her, he would die. once he realized that he wanted no part of it. He was willing to kill his own man, then lie about the entire encounter to the Gov ...

He's a scared scared man. scared of the Gov, and scared of Michonne. he could beat me up in a straight fight, he's tough, he's a bully.. people could say bad ass... but to me that implies they respect him, and i despise him

I'd rather call him a tough asshole. i think its a more accurate description.

4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I saw this as Merle being stupid and not able to pronounce his last name......

5. Team Daryl

Team Daryl Member

I also agree that he isn't scared of her. I think he may of underestimated her because of the said background of racism and sexism. But the way Merle has survived so far is by deception and conning in my mind. Does he want to be controlled by the governor? No. But he is comfortable where he is. Did he get whooped by Michonne yes, but why aren't we talking about Michonne running away also? She too ran away from something she should have finished but she got shot and injured so she also cut her losses like Merle did. Its human nature to heal before putting yourself in danger again. I believe that both would have gladly got back in the ring but when you get get hurt in a fight when your in survival mode the smart move is to back off. I wouldn't say he's scared.

6. Sunshine

Sunshine Active Member

Half the people in his hunting party were killed, of course he was scared. Also scared of the "red zone" that she was headed toward.

7. 12Gauge

12Gauge Active Member

The persons in the hunting party were jokes for hunters. Merle knew better than to continue immediate pursuit. He's a tracker, remember? Just about had another Michonne sighting until he ran into Glenn & Maggie.

*12*

8. Team Daryl

Team Daryl Member

I would like to say the three guys Merle had with him were jokes. Two of the guys were new to the recearch team and the one with the bandana was only shown through out the show as pointing guns at zombies (first episode that the governor is in). I feel as if the only true warrior was Merle in that group so I would be hard pressed for us to make a case off of that. That being said I do believe Michonne is the most BA character on this show. Merle I believe is a misunderstood character though.

9. Sunshine

Sunshine Active Member

I just if your leader wasn't insane you could just tell them what happened and re-group

10. Team Daryl

Team Daryl Member

Haha I feel like we think a like lol :)

11. Sunshine

Sunshine Active Member

So did Merle pick his backup guys, or were they assigned to him?

If they were assigned to him, why? Maybe just to get rid of them?

12. Team Daryl

Team Daryl Member

They were assigned because he said that Neil was finally chosen to go on one of these missions (hence by the govenor). The govenor controls his people and does what he wants from what the episodes have shown.

But I really think he wants Michonne dead. I dont think he put them on a death mission.

13. 12Gauge

12Gauge Active Member

Assigned or not, they roll the dice everytime they leave.

Besides, The townsfolk of Woodbury isn't a training camp for more folks like Merle. They like to sip lemonade and ice tea while Merle collects fish tank decorations.
    *12*

14. Sunshine

Sunshine Active Member

I guess there is no way to seperate the jokers from the bad-asses with out some action. But still it seems like since he wanted her dead, he would send some top talent.

15. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

Michonne running was a bit different than Merle running.

Mele weapon versus Ranged weapon. if you have the mele weapon your only route to victory is getting with in striking distance of the person with the ranged weapon, before they can fire. IE sneak up on them, or wait in surprise.

when michone was some 20 yards away, grabbing her sword, her only viable option was to run. It was not that she was afraid of Merle. It was that she's not stupid and realizes someone with a gun will kill her before she can sprint 20 yards with a wounded leg.

Michonne had snuck up ahead and would have killed Merle by the store, had Maggie and Glen not shown up.

people are free to think that Michonne is the scared one instead of Merle... but its idiotic to imply that with 20 yards to close on your enemy with a gun, that the best plan is to run right at them, instead of running for Cover... and its equally as foolish to imply that executing the proper plan in that situation is "running from Fear " :)

16. walkerTXranger

Michonne has the element of surprise on her side. Merle has more brute strength but I think Michonne is quicker and more intelligent and skillful in battle.

Merle is afraid of Michonne.

Hell I am afraid of Michonne

#36 walkerTXranger, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  17. Team Daryl

Team Daryl Member

I completely agree. But its like everyone was attacking Merle's character because he ran to regroup when that was exactly the same thing that Michonne was doing. Obviously he had a gun and she didn't but its not like he stopped looking either. And it is a very ballsy assumption that she could have killed Merle at the store. It could have gone either way. He had already disarmed her once on a surpise attack and like you said he does have a gun.

And please before you call some elses opinion stupid remember they are opinions and everyone has a right to them. Rude.

18. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Speaking of all this running, when Merle first ran into that clearing I couldn't help but think he ran kinda girly-like....

19. Team Daryl

Team Daryl Member

nvm wrong person

20. Team Daryl

Team Daryl Member

He did get kicked in the nuggets. It kind of throws off a bit of balance hehe