Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Merle is Afraid of Michonne !

Discussion in 'Episode 306 - Hounded' started by EvoQ, Nov 19, 2012.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

nah, I think it was before that. Not sure....would have to rewatch.

2. Team Daryl

Team Daryl Member

Oh when they see the bodies and the walker gram? I'd have to rewatch to remember also

3. 12Gauge

12Gauge Active Member

Rewatch:
    About a minute into the episode, Merle walks into the first clearing with the bodies. ("She sent us a biter gram, y'all!)
    Later after Michonne drops down from the trees, Merle shoots her and follows her (by running) into another clearing. (10min)
    Merle goes back for Neil and they make it to the clearing at 10min. There Merle shoves Neil out of the way and disarms Michonne. Merle takes a double kick to the groin and they all fight a small group of walkers. Merle looks to engage Michonne again, but she's gone (20min). Merle shoots Neil.

*12*

4. RoadWarrior

RoadWarrior Member

Merle strikes me as someone who has heavy combat experience, maybe military from before the zombies, possibly a spec-ops wash out. His skill with knife, his ability to cut his own hand off, his marksmanship, etc. Look at the scene where he pulled that guy away from Michonne's sword at the last second. There was zero fear there, more like annoyance or irritation. The thought of death was the last thing on his mind, even though death was right in front of him.

Again, look at how easily Merle disarmed Michonne. If not for the zombies he would have killed her there.

5. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

he got kicked out of the military I believe.

6. PhenomChriso

PhenomChriso Member

Merle is more than a match for Michonne in my opinion. When someone has a very long Katana and you have an arm with a Machete sticking out of it (essentially), you would most likely come off worse.... But he proved her wrong.

One Advantage Merle had however I will admit is that Michonne was shot in the leg so was very poor balanced so probably could not swing the sword as effectively.

His Major disadvantage: HE HAS TESTICLES lol. My girlfriend said that any female self defence class teacher will always tell you if a guy attacks you or tries to rape you, GO FOR THE NUTS!... A swift kick there will actually render a guy powerless for a period. Merle showed that. He got kicked, he could have finished her but instead collapsed holding his area.

On a side note: I may have missed it but Michonne ONLY sliced that Walker's stomach open for all the guts to pour out. I never saw her get a head shot so when it got sliced it should have still been on her. Did I just miss the head-shot?

7. EvoQ

EvoQ Member

There is/was ABSOLUTELY ---NO--- Justifiable Reason to Kill Gargulio/Neil.......unless Merle is Totally affraid of Michonne.............. Gargulio/Neil at first was hesitant/scared himself...that is Until the fight with Michonne got started...Gargulio/Neil has WAY MORE BALLS Than Merle did !. here you have a young guy that doesn't have much if any training and he is very Apprehensive at first, but Gargulion got his Fighting legs real quick like. And gargulio was even cut by Michonne..I expected when I saw Gargulio get sliced by Michonne albeit a small scratch, that Gargulio would want to go RUNNING back To Woddbury...but hell NO..Gargulio grew some Big Balls and the Testosterone started flowing thru him....on the other Hand Merle saw what he was up against in Michonne...I see where a few of you said that Merle Dis-armed Michonne and that meant that Merle had a good chance at a fight with Michonne...but People that was his best Move,,,what happened Immediately Merle Disarmed Michonne ? The Walkers erupted on the scene and both Michonne, and the Merle/Gargulio regrouped..killed the walkers and were right back into the fight...which I might add Michonne was on a Slicing and Dicing spree.......Merle was a TOTAL Idiot to kill off Gargulio/Neil...Merle could have talked Gargulio into taking his advice and regrouping and not going after Michonne...but Nope stupid Merle kills his only ally out in the woods by himself so he can go run back to Woodbury..because he ddn't need Gargulio telling the Guvnor that Merle had lost his nerve....What some of you don't realize is that the small business street where Merle kidnaped Glenn/Maggie was apart of Woodbury..he did not go back to Hunting Michonne but was high-tailing it back to Woodbury ASAP...Michonne if given a few more minutes if Glenn and Maggie had NOT shown up would have killed Merle in another ambush...because she was hunting Merle................what we have seen from Michonne, is that she has some SKILLZ....Hunting tracking, Tactics, and superior Fighting skills al the way around....Merle is just a Redneck with a Convict pedigree of picking on the little guys...

8. TheHiddenMan

TheHiddenMan Member

hey first of all, please use a larger font.
    then i really have to disagree with u here. u dont seem to get how a guy like merle thinks.

there is many good reasons for merle to kill neil!

-merle was amused with neal first but he knows he cant trust this weak guy to watch his back out there. he got just tired of him u see?
    just like killing a fly that disturbs ur peace.

-then neil was the only one that knows how merle as leader of the 4 screwed this task to kill michonne. now merle is free in the way how to present the story back home in woodbury.

-neil wasnt following merle's orders to go back. look in merle's face when looking at neil. he was like : what do u open ur mouth about what i told ya. merle is to independant to let somebody not respecting his orders.

-merle is a angry and often over reacting character. he was pissed about the situation and neal just was in the way. wrong time wrong place.

there is even more reasons but thats the main things for me

and to the topic: no merle isnt afraid of michonne in anyway...he was just pissed about his failure

#48 TheHiddenMan, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  9. 1BronxNyFan

1BronxNyFan Member

She's a straight killer, taking out 2 of his men, Got the drop on the Gov., coulda killed him.

i'd be scared of her too. I mean she had two mouthless, armless Walkers as Pets on a leash.

She is the Shit and should be feared, even more with a few people behind her. Ohh I can't wait to see next week!!

10. target tony

target tony Member

she better remember one thing dont bring a knife to a gun fight.

11. yangxai

yangxai Member

I don't know about that; she did pretty good the last time she brought a Knife to a gun fight :Grin:

12. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Michonne has clearly no problem about killing people she considers a threat.

Merle and his group had it coming. They wanted her head.

13. TheHiddenMan

TheHiddenMan Member

yeah and merle has clearly no problem with killing at all...too bad "gargoyl whatever neil" didnt had any senses for the situation. xD

neil the gargoyl haha

#53 TheHiddenMan, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  14. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

Remember when he was on the roof and muttering to himself about showing someone a thing or two and getting stuck in the stockades for 18 months?

I assumed he was a military guy from the get-go. Just re-watched all of season 1 the last few days. Kind of gives you a new perspective on everyone now that they are a year or so into this thing, everyone is so different now. Even Merle.

15. target tony

target tony Member

against scrubs with guns. you see how fast merle got the sword out of her hands

16. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

At first it was 4 on 1 (although Neil was too scared to help at first) and Merle didn't know how tough Michonne was.

the biter gram got his group to stand in the kill box, where Michonne sprung her trap, Killing 2 of his men. She also got shot.

Merle now assumed it was basically 1 on 1 with Michonne being injured, and Neil would be a witness.

next tangle Neil gets Cut.

Michonne disarmed Merles gun, as he disarms her sword. Unarmed versus a larger , stronger man with a bayonet on his arm, She bests him (kick to the balls and a 2nd one to the face) Merle managed to fall over on top of her, by the time he recovers she's already out of sight again. (setting up yet an other trap for him)

Now that Merle has tangled with her toe to toe and realized he almost got killed, now that he gets a chance to think about it, he doesn't like his odds. He is afraid of her. he tries to talk "neil" into covering for him, going back. but Neil grows courageous .

Merle's options are continue to hunt michonne 2 on 1 , Guns versus Sword. OR run back to woodburry at any cost / risk. He has to Kill neil in order to escape from having to pursue Michonne .

That tells it all.

and at this point its more of a religious debate. (people believe what they believe and you can't talk them out of it)

17. Polar

Polar New Member

I agree with those who said Merle's in it for Merle, he obviously found it too risky after the close call and decided to lie instead. I can't wait until the governor finds out.

18. KitchenWitch

KitchenWitch Member

I admit that for this encounter (when they let her go without a fight, Michonne obviously knew that she would be hunted - hounded) I expected her to use walkers as weapons. If she had time to craft that biter-o-gram, she had time to round up a few walkers, get them amped up and aim them at Merle's band of proto-rangers. Then she could have picked off the survivors.

OTOH, with her level of skill, she would have been able to expect to kill all four of them easily if she had the drop of them (which, oh boy, did she).

On the gripping hand, Merle was working at a disadvantage relative to Michonne:

1. He's use to fighting people who are scared of him. Do you think anyone who steps into the walker arena expect to best him? No, they're just hoping to do well enough (and not get bitten) to have some bragging rights afterward.
    2. He's used to fighting zombies, which are about a million times slower and more stupid than Michonne.
    3. He's strong but slow (again, relative to Michonne).
    4. His back-up dudes were worth roughly their weight in fresh cow feces.

If the writers didn't need Merle for the rest of the season, he'd be lying on the forest floor, snapping his teeth at passing squirrels.

19. Silent Thrill

Silent Thrill Member

no he isnt scared.after she killed his men he runs after her. he was made to do that so she sneaks in on gov and merle is seen as a traitor so he fights his brother.