Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Merle!!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 309 - The Suicide King' started by PepperAnn, Feb 10, 2013.

1. trinity

trinity Member

My Brothers not a rapist!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe not the best argument for letting one in the group if thats the best you can say about someone..

He did try to kill Glen, after Kidnapping them both and let his boss sexually assault Maggie.

Why did Daryl defend that?

I guess he belived his brother was willing to do anything to find him again..

2. UndeadMauldo

UndeadMauldo Member

You can trust Glenn not to stick a knife in your throat while you're sleeping. Merle, not so much. You can always mull over your choice while you're bleeding to death.

3. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

Merle will do w/e he has to in order to keep him and Daryl alive. being away from The Gov i dont think he would just do shit to be an ass, well except run his mouth. and i doubt hed just goin hurting people.

4. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I laughed a little when Rick hit Merl. Daryl didn't even blink about it. I remembered how Daryl was so upset and sticking up for Merl in S1. Boy have times changed.

Exactly, why was Merl stifling himself around the Gov so much? I thought maybe Merl had grown a little or at least seen the reality that he would have to get along with others to survive. But with "rooftop" Merl back it's looks like Merl was biting his tongue because he was truly afraid of the Gov. He was constantly hiding, lying and talking in a more "sincere" understanding way to get what he wanted from Andrea, Gov, anyone. But now he's right back to shooting his mouth off. I'm beginning to think that the Gov is even worse than we know.

5. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

I love to hate Merle, he's such a presence on screen and such a darn interesting character plus Rooker rocks but he's definitely going to cause problems I can't decide whether or not I want him to be killed off

6. Bhante

Bhante Member

Agree totally emmettyeo - Darryl will come to his senses very quicly as he realizes his real family is back at the prison.

7. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

Merle is Merle, The governor was able to assert power over Merle . (seeing people he commanded, and at the time Merle was in bad shape)

with Rick, Merle sees himself as having more power, and so he doesn't cave to his wishes, doesn't bite his tongue.

I do think its a bit of a failure of the writers to not have a single character mention locking up merle (maybe darle as the guard)

But This will work out well i think ..

Don't read this, if you haven't read the comic :

8. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

Im just glad someone eventually told them about Andrea!

9. BronzeBomber

BronzeBomber Member

He needs more face time. The guy is the best.