Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Micchone walking with the small heard...

Discussion in 'Episode 409 - After' started by lovethishow, Feb 12, 2014.

1. lovethishow

lovethishow Member

Those scenes confused me. Her just walking amongst them, staring nervously at a select few every so often.

The scenes felt pointless.

2. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

T'wasn't pointless. It showed Michonne heading into a rather traumatized state after the prison meltdown. She'd begun following her old survival techniques, using a couple of *defanged* walkers as protection, but at the same time she was roaming aimlessly. I suspect she'd stumbled across the herd and simply followed along...if you noticed, her two walker pets were walking ahead of her, rather than behind, suggesting that Michonne was, at that point, just existing. She let them follow the mini-herd, and then, after seeing a walker who looked quite similar to herself, she finally snapped out of it and went wild, beheading all of them before suffering a complete emotional breakdown. That's when she came to terms with the fact that she needed Rick et al....her family. And that's when she abandoned her old ways and began tracking down members of her scattered group of friends.

3. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Sometimes I feel TWD deals with metaphors or allegories too complex for the mainstream popcorn audience to understand. That scene with Michonne was nowhere near being pointless. They wanted to show her having a break-down realizing she no longer can be that living corpse (hence why she looked at one female walker who resembled her) with two pets without having any human contact. That was her realization and why she cried after she saw Rick and Carl (imagine Michonne crying in season 3 really...).

I just wished more TWD fans were sensitive to the core of the story, which is essentially the human interraction and the human survival in this epidemic world. Most people who followed the comics understood that scene with Michonne pretty easily I am sure...

#3 Voncroy, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  4. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

Thank you! I agree 100%. I feel this concept goes over a good many of peoples heads.

5. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Really? Yeah, we get it. They made that part pretty clear.. But, unfortunately, not the point. Pretty much what you wrote is the case over and over again with each character on the show.

We wanted a Michonne backstory that made sense as to why she felt like the 2 guys who she had chained up were, in Michonne's words, "Less then human"..... They seemed like pretty normal dudes, Which makes Michonne look pretty stupid.....is the point

6. Brooklynn

Brooklynn Member

How does it make her look stupid if we don't know what happened at the camp yet? We don't know the full story. There are still seven episodes left, the season isn't over yet.

7. tink

tink Well-Known Member

The two guys chose murder suicide, and killed her child. That seems like a reasonable reason for her to see them as less than human.

8. Shumpert

Shumpert Member

7 more episodes

plenty of time for more dreams or flashbacks or an actual convo regarding the backstory

more than enough time to inform even the most non-engaged viewer

#8 Shumpert, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  9. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Ok, until we get the full story.... it really doesn't make much sense. Pointless to come up with a backstory to show that Michonne The Great sword wielding warrior who was alone for maybe a day without human contact needed a breakdown to snap out of it..

10. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Perhaps.....

11. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Apparently there's more to her backstory that we haven't seen yet. They didn't just forget about her comment on them "not being human" lol.

12. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

It wasn't a useless scene. It was showing Michonne pretty much giving up for a while..then she finally snapped back into reality and went to find Carl and Rick

[​IMG]

13. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

After a day, just 1 day..giving up? Not exactly buying it that someone who is suppose to be a Ninja-Like Warrior going into "Give Up" mode so quickly...?? So what did that that scene show us? Michonne is a Bi-Polar Manic who is capable of big emotional Swings....Mentally Unstable?? Not exactly the stuff that Bad Ass Warriors are made of.

14. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Maybe she's just not one-dimensional...

15. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

She just watched the governor cut Hershel's head off while she sat next to him, then she had to put him down when he turned, she got separated from her new family..the only people that care about her. She had a nightmare about her son's death and all of those horrible memories came back...she's been staying strong for a while now.

I'm not surprised she acted like that. For all she knew the Governor and his group could have killed the only people left that she cared about. She snapped out of it though. So she's clearly not mentally unstable or a bi polar manic

[​IMG]

16. saraimandin

saraimandin New Member

I dont get it. I understand when zombies do not attack without jaws and arms but why zombies do not attack Micchonne in the small heard. She smells like human. In the first season rick and glen covered in blood from zombies and they walked through the zombie heard. Then the rain started and the zombies began to smell them. Why do they not smell Micchonne ? I do not think that zombies think: oh she is connected to the zombies without jaws and arms, she is not human. I dont get it.

Can you explain maybe I overlook something.

#16 saraimandin, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  17. Kyuzo

Kyuzo Member

She was feeling hopeless, alone. She sees a walker representing herself and she snaps back and realizes that she needs people now. It played a very big role in the episode and into michone.

18. DonnyTWD

DonnyTWD Active Member

[​IMG]

19. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

I sometimes think that people watch tv shows and expect the characters to be some sort of superhumans. Michonne has proven to be a kick-ass time and time again, but everyone has a breaking point. As Sadie Dixon pointed out, Michonne had just witnessed Hershel's death right next to her at the hands of The Governor, and with her own sword. Hershel was one of the most respected and revered members of the group and Michonne, kneeling right next to him, was powerless to stop it.

When the apocalypse began, Michonne had closed herself off from human contact and went into full survival mode, until she ran into Andrea and ultimately, the rest of the group at the prison. That's when she began to finally trust people again...she began to open up and live again. Then when The Governor reappeared on the scene, all of it was brutally and viciously torn apart. After all Michonne had been through - ALL of it - would anyone really assume that because she broke down, she must be bipolar? Manic? Weak?

This is part of the point of the writers giving us glimpses of the main characters up close and personal. They're showing us just how human everyone is.

20. NoDanaiRichonne

NoDanaiRichonne New Member

First off, I loooved this episode. But then again, I love just about every episode. Seriously, I never complain about TWD (with the exception of Andrea)
    Beautifully acted, beautifully shot, I loved the character development, I love Richonne . . .why can’t more people think this way?Appreciate the art for what it is and appreciate TWD cause it’s the only show of its kind and its freakin’ awesome.

IMHO, Michonne is one of the most complex character on the show. It’ll take some time to suss it all out but we’re getting to see who she was, why she became the way she was and the difference in her now. She’s changed (for the better), obviously. But in the aftermath of a great tragedy, she felt compelled to fall back into her default setting and who could blame her? She’s hurting and like everyone else she’s tired of losing people. That’s something she doesn’t have to be concerned with while flying solo so naturally the idea appealed to her again. Thank god for that epiphany with her walker look-alike (anamazingly powerful scene btw). Now, she’s right where she belongs . . .on the front porch of the abandoned house that her boys have now claimed to be theirs. Seriously, would it have killed Rick to open the door and share that beautiful moment face-to-face?

Now about this herd business, is it really so unbelievable to think that Michonne can accumulate them by just walking with her pets? Is that not how these herds are created? The bodies moving in a somewhat same direction becomes bodies moving in the exact same direction and picking up hitchers along the way. Seems simple enough, right? And as far as them not being able to smell her at all, that would be due to the blood of her freshly sliced pets. Although she wasn’t wearing any of it this time, the smell is still strong in the air around her. The fresher the blood, the stronger it is. That’s my guess. And I’ve seen questions about how quickly the two walkers fell into “pet” mode for Michonne. It gave me pause at first too, but knowing that she’s had pets before and had them for a great period of time, makes me feel that she certainly knows a thing or two about getting them to behave. And who’s to say the amount of time she spent with them before leaving the prison grounds? Maybe they didn’t feel like showing a montage of her training techniques, hm? Idk, just a thought.

Oh! Greg Nicotero mentioned something about imaging Rick and Carl hiding from these walkers only to spot Michonne strolling in the middle of them . . LOL I would’ve loved to have seen how that situation would’ve played out.

#20 NoDanaiRichonne, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014