Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Micchone walking with the small heard...

Discussion in 'Episode 409 - After' started by lovethishow, Feb 12, 2014.

1. batongal

batongal Active Member

You can see putting Herschel's head down was very painful for her. Watch her reaction again. It's heartbreaking. What I don't get is she finds Rick and Carls footprints (has to know it's them with the Cowboy boots) not sure why she doesn't follow them from the get go. Is she making a conscience choice to disconnect from people, is she resorting back to her loner ways? That is the confusing part.

2. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

I know :( and she was going back to her old ways..she was most likely in shock and after having the dream about her son she completely lost it. She gave up for a while and just followed her chained walkers around. Showing that she didn't care what happened to her anymore

[​IMG]

3. Porfivor Nixon

Yeah, her and her wonder woman magic lasso, it didn't make any sense. But some people get so defensive over any criticism of the show, they go over-the-top trying to justify what is clearly a poorly written scene.

4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I don't care when people criticize it, but for me i'd rather just enjoy the show for what it is...it's a make believe TV show, so they are allowed some creative space to do what they want. I think for the most part though they stay pretty realistic aside from the zombies themselves :)

5. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I think to see Michonne act any other way would be unrealistic. At the beginning of S4 she was still striking out on her own to look for TG, which was reckless and isolating. She may have been on good terms with her "family" at the prison, but she wasn't there 100%. We didn't see her recognize the situation until she had that convo with Daryl, in Indiffreence, talking about actually knowing other members are the prisoner & that she should stick around. Michonne may have physically been with the group, but mentally she was still stuck in her own ways of coping with the world.

6. Darylette

Darylette Member

She's human. She already lost everything, she lost her boyfriend, the world and her child. Then she lost Andrea. Now she's lost her whole way of life again. She wouldn't be human if she didn't react to that. She's been through so much she's bound to be in a state.

7. elvisgp

elvisgp Member

Was it really just a day though? I thought it was more like a few days since we see night time and day time in the scenes with Rick and Carl. Also, you have to take into account that tragedy that happened right before they split up. Michonne was right next to Herschel when he got decapitated with her sword... and then she watched her home get destroyed and had to put down zombie Hershel..... that has to affect her somewhat emotionally.

8. lovethishow

lovethishow Member

I worded my misunderstanding of this scene wrong. I was more trying to say that the scenes DRAGGED ON and I didn't quite get why. They cut to her walking like that more than 2 or 3 times. I GET that she was in shock and felt lost and was just kind of moseying along feeling hopeless-- I get when she looked at the walker who looked kind of like her. She is human.

I just don't think those scenes were a good way of conveying the message.

9. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

I think they were some of the most emotional scenes in the ep. Second only to sick Rick reaching out for Carl,in the night which made me hold my breath I was so scared. The Michonne scenes added depth to her character, showed how she has developed into realising that unless she connects with the other survivors she might as well be a walker. Killing the looky-likey walker was her rejection of that idea. I have to agree with Sadie Dixons view about Michonne, I think she'll relax and show her affection for some of the other survivors in the next few eps.