Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Michonne and the Group

Discussion in 'Episode 307 - When the Dead Come Knocking' started by TheILLness, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

He jumped to that way too fast. He barely even gave her a chance to say anything before grabbing onto her and sort of "tortured" her for information. Rick is a crazy motherfucker. It wasn't as extreme as Merle and the Governor's interrogations, but it was at least the same sort of idea...

2. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

I think Michonne knows. I just think she is letting it play out and observing. Not to mention that she is not going to just go throwing names out to save herself. As she says...she ain't asking no one for help.

3. SeraphM

SeraphM Member

Rick is kind of a bully. I'm not especially fond of him at the moment. Hopefully Daryl will be enough of a focus, and remain an upstanding guy, for me to remain interested in the show. If you have to choose between bullies to root for, the Governor is a MUCH more effective one. Started with 9 people and grew to 75. What has Rick accomplished comparable? He just likes to shove people around (Randall, Axel).

4. arroncarlton

arroncarlton Member

Michonne knew it was Andrea's group...
    The actress said so in the "Inside Episode 307 The Walking Dead" released by AMC. lol

5. Skeptical

Skeptical New Member

Exactly. It will make a far more dramatic revelation this way.

6. Thales

Thales Well-Known Member

I thought it was weird that they didn't ask her why she calls the zombies walkers, every group has their own nickname for them, my mother calls them vampires lol... so if I didn't know where she was and I would hear someone refer to them as vampires I'd definitely ask about it. I'm sure there would be more groups using the same name, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

7. Dead man walking

Well I don't believe he was trying to grab her ass and missed.. In my opinion, damned great and to the point with a woman who is about as talkative and helpful as a chopsticks with soup.

8. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Poor writing IMO. Not very believable that Michonne wouldn't share her knowlage of the groups lost members. Rick's rescue group is about to do battle w/the Gov., any info would be a benefit. Poor writing, all in the name of Merle/Daryl drama.

9. Dead man walking

Rick is better than ever in trying to help his crew survive - no mercy any more. Daryl for me is obviously the star. Rick even took his time letting Michonne in, even if she got ate before he got there - he doesn't trust anyone outside the group. That was Carl's best moment for me. I don't blame Rcik, too many times outsiders have caused them to lose close people.

You are telling me that Rick is a bully? And that grabbing Michonnes wound is worse than the Governor having Merle beat Glenn to a pulp and threatening to rape Maggie? You are nuts, seriously. Rick might not trust people and be callous in trying to survive - the Gov is a meglamaniac who has only evil intentions. His group is 75, yes, can any of them leave, no. How many innocent people has the Governor killed to protect his group (people that were not a threat). How many people has Rick killed that were not a threat. How many has the governor threatened or killed. And has Rick ever threatened to rape a woman? But Rick's a bully. You need your head testing.

I agree it makes for better tv, tension. But realistically Michonne knows that by witholding vital information she could actually be 'killing' a few people. If Daryl or someone else comes face to face with Merle or Andrea, that moments hesitation could cost them their lives. As a so called experienced 'survivor' she should and would no better. Especially after she has been given her sword back - which the Gov wouldn't do. She is wrong to not tell them. And in reality, if she wants to mention the gov, she would tell the rest too, like who shot her. Rick didn't even ask - but you would - wouldn't you. First question after you found aout about Glen/ Maggie being taken would be 'So who shot you?'

Good TV is one thing, but I like realism too - for me if Michonne had told them it wouldn't have ruined anything, but would seem real. It seems they avoid the important conversations on purpose which is a little frustrating for me. But that's just me.

10. Dead man walking

Agree. Just hope daryl is the one to cap Merle's ass to make it all worthwhile.

11. Dead man walking

Are you kidding - same idea? Gov threatens rape, Merle is crazy and would just like to kill whoever he wants all for the sake of keeping a stupid little 'kingdom' where they get to be 'rulers of the universe'. Rick presses on Michonne's wound to make her speak up to save his friends when time is of the essence - big big difference. For all he knows she could have killed Glenn and Maggie - how would he know?

12. Skeptical

Skeptical New Member

Oh, yes. There is a difference between writing scenes which are realistic, and writing scenes for maximum dramatic effect.

13. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

...no prob w/the drama, love the drama. But when the writing suffers for the sake of creating drama, the fans wind up watching something that doesn't come across as believable. IMHO

14. Team Daryl

Team Daryl Member

Information is power and the more information you have over someone the more power you possess in a situation. Its a reoccuring theme in this show. Andrea did the same thing in the episode by not disclosing Jenner's findings also. The more you know, the more useful you are to people. As for Michonne, if she were to divulge all the information quickly, she doesn't know if they will just leave her our throw her out. She analyzes 95% of the time. 5% talking lol. Very Robotic (as said on the Talking Dead)

15. AwesomeMerle

AwesomeMerle New Member

Pretty not convinced by this part, how someone as Rick can just let his baby and go for some place with heavy security (and only rely on "might be possible to avoid it" from Mitchonne)

I like the idea, as many probably. to see Mitchonne back for a vengeance in Woodbury, but it s just doesn t match the situation.
    She s injured and can not be seen as trustable (not yet at least) by Rick s group. In no way she should have been with them but lock to a cage.

One other part i guess was not "realistic" was from Glenn being silent and dead rather to spoke with Merle (Glenn did not have so much to fear from Merle at this point)
    Here also, we can imagine Glenn speaking, trying to help two brothers to re unify. I liked this part also, no problem, but this episode seem to have been writing for viewers (and comics readers) first. During the scene, it was enjoyable, but at the end , i have the feeling it was not properly wrote (or rushed to get our big episode 8 mid season)
    There were a room for insane Rick not being able to know what to do during this episode.

16. Team Daryl

Team Daryl Member

I thought the writing had good pace and all the characters seemed to act on what they believed. Glenn has always done things for the group. one example was him telling them about the walkers in the barn even though his love Maggie told him not to do so. As for Rick, when hasn't he left the group to find others that were left behind or taken? I think this was a great episode and feel that if they slowed the pace down we'd have more people saying how uneventful the 'sode was

17. girlcat7

girlcat7 New Member

No way Glenn was going to help out Merle. He knows him well, Glenn was in the Dept Store with him and knows he is a loudmouth a$$ and a bully and at the time strung out. No way.. Glenn did a good job keeping his mouth shut..it was Maggie who doesn't know Merle and opened her big mouth. (although I realize she was terrified Glenn would be killed of course..not bashin toooo much on her)

18. apiratesaysarrr

RE: Michionne not disclosing information about Merle and Andrea:

Sorry, I could have found a quote but I went through several pages and don't want to go back.

My theory on why she hasn't said anything has nothing to do with bad writing. I think (and maybe I'm looking too far into this) that she likely didn't tell the group because she knows that Merle's brother is in the group. If she was going for an attack on Woodbury, which seems the only possible option at this point, it would be to her advantage (in Rick's group now) not to say a thing at all about Merle. This is because Darryl is fighting AGAINST the gov. for Rick's team, which she would want. She can't afford to lose any man power in the fight due to old loyalties. I actually believe it was strategic thinking on her part to NOT tell them about Merle. If Darryl found out that Merle was the gov's right hand man, who would he side with? Just food for thought.

19. trinity

trinity Member

Ricks still out there and not thinking clearly.. he snaped at the thought of Glen and Maggie in danger and the danger of this new person, she told him not to touch her and he snaped back to the old Rick and seemed to regret it.. he took a step back and seen how out of control he was being and that was a weakness.

I'm not sure how to read Daryls face.. was he looking at Rick like don't do that? or was he like why stop? I feel that he was annoyed Rick was so out of control in his interrogation and having a cross bow on her he was pretty helpless in helping Rick if she attacked and would have to shoot her and get no info.. he seen Michoonne was pretty in control and rick was not and he was worried.. then rick settled down..

We know Daryl is good at torture and Rick trusts him to torture people unlike Shane, who he thought would go too far and old Rick who would whimped out on the Job, so Daryl was the man and he opened Randalls wound just like Rick grabing Michoonne leg but Daryl had a lot leading up to it so he was mentaly broke down unlike Rick who was acting crazy and out of control..

Rick did not want to hurt Michoonne in anyway and even tried to comfort her, he is just at his breaking point with the mute and the ZA.

#39 trinity, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  20. InMyBlood

InMyBlood Member

I think Michonne know's it's Andrea's old group and knows Merle is Daryl's brother. She isn't saying anything because it won't help her take them down. It would only interfere. The gov is a threat to everyone. At the very least he needs to go and this will accomplish that. But Merle, maybe she thinks the only way to take care of him is by herself??