Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Michonne has the Hots for Daryl

Discussion in 'Episode 404 - Indifference' started by deadcpa, Nov 4, 2013.

1. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I think Herschel has been putting saltpeter or something into Daryls food to keep him away from Beth. There's something not right when Carol was practically throwing herself at him and he wouldn't hook up with her. She even asked if he wanted to fool around and he was like pshaw. I mean come on! Something aint right.

2. charlieez

charlieez Member

LMAO!

But for reals. I knew someone who's parents had divorced when he was a baby and his mother was a bit standoffish. She wasn't mean to him or anything, but she wasn't someone who was very open and "loving". More specifically she didn't hug him very much. Now he grew up to be a very sweet guy, a little awkward sometimes though that could be genetic :) (jk) but whenever someone would hug him, it always looked odd, like he wasn't sure what to do. A couple of people in my group are big huggers so it happened a few times which is how I found out about his mom.

My point to this run-on paragraph is that Daryl has had a messed up childhood. The finer points of non-romantic emotional interactions are probably a bit foreign to him. Even when Carol teases him he gets all embarrassed. I'd wager you'd have to grab him and shove your tongue in his mouth for him to realize you're DTF.

Which of course I'd be willing to do, just so you know. #takeonefortheteam

3. Skulls

Skulls Member

Who doesn't? ;)

4. Tepig003

Tepig003 Member

I wouldn't I don't like her at all!

5. Mello

Mello Member

This show is messing with my feelings real hard right now.
    One episode it's RickxMichonne. Next episode it's DarylxMichonne. STOP TEASING AND GO DOWN A PATH THEY'RE MESSING WITH MY FEELINGS SINCE I SHIP BOTH. I could totally see Michonne with Daryl more than I could see her with Rick. I wouldn't mind her getting with Rick or Daryl but now that Carol is out of the picture, Michonne flirting with him, Daryl not wanting her to leave, DarylxMichonne seems mos likely to happen right now.

6. Marley

Marley Member

Daryl didn't even flirt back. It was completely wasted on him.
    She is one of my favorite characters and I want better for her than him. Plus I expect him to go looking for Carol at some point anyway.

7. Zombie Mouse

Zombie Mouse Member

Daryl got more interest going for that piece of jasper than he did for Michonne!

They do seem to have some chemistry, and Michonne is very playful with him, the quip about him giving her fleas, the one about the jasper bringing out his eyes etc.

Daryl just doesn't seem to know what to do with flirting, other than to do this :zombies_rolleyes: He could have been well in with Carol, but again, nothing. Michonne seems like she's more of a go-getter in regards to what she wants from a man, so we'll have to see if she takes more direct action!

8. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

Merle would be so proud of his baby brother and then kick the shit out of him.

9. Beryl

Beryl New Member

IMO, whoever gets with Rick will die in that season. I want Michonne to do the distance AND find romance so I'm fine with her and Daryl.

10. charlieez

charlieez Member

Honestly I want everyone to find love and be happy. But I don't think Rick is in a head space to be starting a relationship. He's still messed up and focusing on finding his place in the prison community and being a father. I think this season they will be focusing on him getting his shit back together.

As for Daryl and Michonne, I think a relationship either with each other or with others will be big steps in their character development. Trusting someone enough to let them in in a romantic way would be a huge change for either of them.

11. Marley

Marley Member

Daryl would be the worst thing that could happen to her character. He has no interest in anyone at all. I also think that anyone who ends up paired with him would be killed off for his development. I want more for her character than to be used to further him along.

12. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Right on sister, besides she's allll mine;)

13. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

And suddenly without warning, the other boot dropped...

[​IMG]

#53 STRINGS, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  14. charlieez

charlieez Member

I completely disagree. You don't have to kill off a love interest to create character development, this isn't a YA romance novel. And showing her to be more than a bad ass killing machine is all upside to me. The other reason I think this pairing would work is because of their standoffishness. I think they'd both actually be pretty chill about it. No "I don't want you to go on this run, it's too dangerous" or let me take pictures of you sleeping bullshit, (rolls eyes).

But either way Michonne isn't going to be killed off anytime soon. In fact I'd have her down as one of the last peeps standing.

15. Marley

Marley Member

Of course you don't have to have to kill of someones love interest for character development. That still doesn't mean they wouldn't do it , and if it came down to which one it might be her. Daryl is very popular so I don't see him going anywhere soon. I also don't see what they really have in common except how many walkers they can kill in a day.

He had absolutely no response to her flirting at all. He just looked at her and kept walking. He isn't interested in anyone. Look at how long it is taking him and Carol to get anything going, and nothing has happened. It would be no different for Michonne. She would be doing all the work and he would do nothing but give her that same blank look. I don't think he's knows what to do when it comes to relationships. Plus I think Norman Reedus would like to keep Daryl single as long has he can.

I don't even like to think about the attacks she would get from those fangirls if she was with him. She's already been attacked for just smiling at him.

I do agree that she isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

16. Porfivor Nixon

Well you know, in the comic..

17. Marley

Marley Member

From what I heard she only slept with two or three men.
    I don't think Michonne is really interested in anyone at this point either.

18. charlieez

charlieez Member

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Yes I think Daryl seemed to have very little reaction to Michonne, but I don't think it's about disinterest. I think he's pissed at her. There is something there, a connection that was forged off screen between seasons. He is trying too hard to convince her not to "run off", and nothing that happened last season would explain (in my mind) his attachment to her.

I'm not saying it's love, but I think they are definitely going to get closer. I agree that a lot of fan girls will be upset. But I also don't think Kirkman really cares. They are definitely not his target audience, though I guess they are the loudest.

19. Marley

Marley Member

I believe there is a connection. It's the same connection she has with Rick and Carl. It's the same connection he has with Carol. They are a family. They care what happens to each other. I didn't get the feeling he was pissed at her. What Daryl said didn't even get to her. What got to her was the conversation she had with Tyreese about why she's still looking for the Governor. After that she decided to stay. I don't know if I would say he is attached to her. He cares. Rick and Carl didn't want her to go either. Also for all we know they all could have been trying to get her to stop over these past few months.

Those fangirls would be a nightmare.

That's just me so we will have to agree to disagree.

20. itscool

itscool New Member

The way I saw it was more that he was ignoring her. Carol flirted a number of times with him and he would tell her to stop because he is not interested in a romance with her. He didn't do that with michonne like he doesn't mind it coming from her. I think he knows what to do when it comes to flrting, its just at this point we know very little of what happened between those two. We can argue that rick and carl and daryl don't want her to leave anymore, but its emphasized that Daryl is the most concerned. I want to know why. I think we will get our answers soon.

I read the comics and Ive rooting rick and michonne this whole time but I don't imagine anything happening in the show just yet. They could just stay as friends...I guess..

But if I had to choose who to pair her with at this point, it would be daryl. Just my opinion tho