Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Michonne is ultimately to blame

Discussion in 'Episode 316 - Welcome to the Tombs' started by walkerluver, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

I agree. Some of Andrea's motivations were hard to understand and I hated that it took her forever to see the monster the Governor was. I get that she wanted to help the Woodburians because many of them were innocent people, but it was impossible to help them on her own. So all that talking she did with Milton and sneaking around trying to find a solution amounted to nothing. At least if she stayed with the prison group she could have possibly persuaded Rick and Hershel to help. When she chose to go back with the Governor, instead of Rick that was her death sentence.

2. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

My thoughts as well. Andrea IMO obviously had feelings for Phillip and that was her downfall in a way.

3. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

This would have worked better if the writers had known how to write a proper romance. The actors had absolutely NO chemistry and I don't know whether it was some personal thing or the fact the scripts they were working with were so pathetic that they didn't know what to do with it (given that both actors are actually pretty good actors in general).

It's fairly obvious that Mazzara was not a guy who took feedback well and it seems to me that he had a grudge against any actor who was in the Darabont stable so that meant he couldn't wait to kill off Andrea.

Obviously a lot of dumb decisions were made in the writer's room when it came to Andrea's character arc. Things have got better since Gimple has been on board but there are still weird blind spots like Maggie not apparently giving a shit whether Beth is alive or dead.

4. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

I don't think it's michonnes fault at all...not Andreas fault either. She saw this great town with this handsome, charming, sweet man and fell for his act...she was on the road for months...most people would want to stay at Woodburry. So michonne wouldn't be able to convince her either way. But I don't think michonne should have killed walker penny. She could have kept her hostage until she could talk to rick and figure out a plan

5. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

I think she had good reason to, since he sent Merle to kill her. I prolly would of done the same. It's just a walker anyways.

6. Sadie Dixon

That's true...she was probably to pissed to do anything but kill her

7. Gaycandybacon

She prolly would of raped her if she had more time, but the gov ruined it!

8. Sadie Dixon

That would have been one hell of a scene...it seems like it could be quite entertaining though..as sick as that sounds lol

9. Gaycandybacon

Penny wants sum of dat Michonneassssssssssssssss.

10. Sadie Dixon

Exactly...who wouldn't want some of that??

11. Gaycandybacon

Blind people prolly

12. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Stevie Wonder says hi....he'd tap that in a NY minute.

13. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

Ha ha! Greatest recap ever.

14. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I think the Governor was largely at fault for wanting to go to war and refusing to make any kind of peace. However, I do see your point. Michonne was incredibly cryptic about her reasons for wanting to leave Woodbury. Her reasoning basically came down to "the Governor isn't who he says he is." Okay...but why? Had Michonne explained things like the bullet holes and fresh blood on the military trucks, the captive walkers, and various other things that she had found, Andrea may have been more compelled to listen to her.

This whole story line basically ruined Andrea as a character, and that's a shame. She was one of my favorite characters before this. I haven't read the comics, but I understand that Andrea is a very different character in them. I'm planning on reading them sometime soon, so I'm looking forward to seeing Andrea be a more central character.