Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Michonne, Morgan, and Carter's death

Discussion in 'Episode 601 - First Time Again' started by Zed Sanford, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

Did it bother anyone else how much Morgan and Michonne had a problem with how Rick handled the Carter situation? They could both see that Carter had been bitten and his face chewed up. He was a dead man at that point. Carter was screaming and in danger of causing the entire herd to turn off its path. Rick needed to shut him up, and when Carter wouldn't stop screaming, he had to be put down (which, again, he was going to die soon anyway).

I understand that Morgan is still getting a feel for Rick and how the group does thing, but the fact that Michonne seemed to have an issue with how it was handled really bugged me. Anyone else feel that way?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. taco_lips

taco_lips Member

i thought that was a weird moment. the only thing i could think of was that they were concerned about how the rest of the group would take it, knowing rick and carter had a serious conflict.

would they think rick was just looking for an excuse to kill him? that rick "set him up"? i dunno. i was perplexed by the reaction as well.

3. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I think Morgan and Michonne let it bother them way more than Rick did. Because after that awkward moment Morgan tells Michonne he gets it had to be done. Rick showed more compassion to bicycle girl than Carter, it's just how much he's changed, no time for remorse or to be kind.

4. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Carter chose to run ahead. He was going to draw the walkers to them with his screaming, it had to be done.

5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I don't think Michonne had a problem with Rick killing him. She certainly wasn't happy the guy was dead, but didn't blame Rick for doing it. I saw it more as Michonne watching Morgan while he was watching Rick. She's just getting a feel for what the new Morgan is like. She's perceptive and sizes up people a lot, like she did with the Governor and others. She was also observing while Rick, Morgan and Judith were together on the porch.

6. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Gimple pointed out on Talking Dead that the flashback right before that, where Morgan, Rick and Michonne were chatting on the porch, Rick noted that Carter would just die anyway.

Their looks were based on that conversation coming true. I think they were a bit surprised it happened so soon. I don't think it was angst, I think it was more a forlorn type dismay.

7. mummyman

mummyman Member

i wish that rick dies more horrobly

8. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

i think it had more to do with the flashback where Rick told Morgan that Carter was going to die anyway no matter what

9. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

That did irritate me, although I expected nothing less from Morgan: do-gooder of the season.

10. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

I'm not so sure they had a problem with what Rick did. They just stood there staring; didn't say a word. The man was bit and screaming his bloody head off (no pun intended). That there was history between Rick and Carter was irrelevant to the moment. The plan was going to fail. Carter had to be shut up. Rick was there and it was on him. Rick did what he always does. What he had to do so they could survive.

11. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Under the circumstances, Rick was actually being humane to end it so quickly for Carter.There was nothing more at that point that could have been done for him. It also served to shut him up cause he was hysterical and couldn't keep it in even after Rick told him he'd have to be quiet. I also noticed the look that went between Morgan and Michonne but I think they were reflecting on how Rick got it spot on when it came to predicting what Carter's fate would be.

12. Lawman

Lawman Member

I don't think Michonne and Morgan have any issues with Rick. Rick is not taking a chance. Rick had the entire mission falling apart because Carter was screaming. There was nothing that could be done for Carter so best end it quickly.

13. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

14. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

Heh, that might be a competition between Morgan and Daryl at this point.
    I'm totally not feeling Daryl ever since he started softening as a character, particularly on arriving at ASZ.

15. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

16. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I thought it was interesting that Rick stabbed Carter in the back of the neck, which is where he was pointing the gun in the previous confrontation.

17. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

I really hope they don't try to force a Michonne/Morgan relationship so they can then just kill him off.

I'm really glad she isn't the show version of her town bicycle comic self.

18. mummyman

mummyman Member

i think soon will morgan agains rick wich is good

19. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Easiest way for the blade to strike the brain. Special Forces use that technique when they take out sentries.

20. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

Rick was right about Carter, that's why they were shocked.