Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Michonne

Discussion in 'Episode 1008 - The World Before' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It seems this little trip with Virgil is the lead-up to Michonne's exit. What goes down that causes her to disappear? [...or...DIE....]. What is going on at Virgil's home?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

I am so torn about Michonne leaving the show. Part of me wants a Maggie style hiatus where she goes off to start a fishing community, but that would mean we would lose Judith and that little girl steals the show. So, keeping Judith would likely require Michonne's demise. Or......a longer term mission like the current one where it would be unsafe to take chirrens along. Wishful thinking.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Virgil had a look on his face when he heard Michonne say Rick’s words from 816. Wonder if he brings it up again and tells Michonne he knows her “friend”.

• Like Like x 3
  4. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Ooh, that gave me chills.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

Oh heck!!! I was so caught up in my feels during that scene that plum eluded me. Great catch!

• Like Like x 2
  6. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

It was a nice blast from the past to see Judith and Michonne doing the walkie talkie thing like Rick and Morgan did in season 1.

I expect that was a bit of hint about Michonne's exit.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Didn't these words come from Siddiq initially? Before Rick made them his motto? I thought Michonne was thinking of Siddiq here and all that peaceful demeanour he always had about him with this motto branded on his very soul.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

I don't remember if it was Siddiq but I did find it just a bit odd that she said "a friend". At the same time I figured you don't go into romantic details with someone you just met. Anyway, if the motto did come from Siddiq the "friend" part makes more sense now.

9. BlackBird

I think Siddiq quoted it from the Quran.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. BlackBird

From 1:10

Carl. :(

Rick. :(

Siddiq. :(

Dammit, show.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

My guess - They get back to the island, only to find his family turned. (Think the governors daughter). He won’t let Michonne leave, so she has to kill him. She then finds out that he sabotaged the boat. Just after a heartbreaking chat with Judith on the walkie, the helicopter shows up. Bye bye Michonne

The truth is out there

12. BlackBird

NO, no, no, no, no!!! Michonne is not leaving just yet!
    I had a minor little stroke about the prospect, then @Dnae pointed out to me that we still haven't seen the scene with Michonne wielding Lucille, so surely she will be back with everyone before she leaves-leaves. She must get a proper send-off episode, surely.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Thanks for reminding me about the Lucille scene. Ok, but I still think the guys family is already turned.

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

This feels as if it's leading to Rick. I wouldn't even be surprised if he had a cameo at the end of the season. It would create buzz for the movie project too.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I still think the scene with Michonne and Lucille is a dream sequence. It looks like she's wearing her old vest and her hair looks like her earlier style.

But I do agree this isn't setting up Michonne's exit, it's just an excuse to keep her out of more episodes. She won't leave until close to the end of the season, they just needed to write in an excuse for not seeing her for multiple episodes at a time.

She's in the second half trailer so we will still have more Michonne. I think her exit is connected to Eugene's radio more than anything else.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

The boat heads to the island, and half way there Michonne's walkie talkie activates and the other side is not Judith, but a voice that asked to speak to Virgil.

Michonne hands the walkie talkie to Virgil, Virgil then answers and someone asks him if Michonne is an A or a B. He said A. Suddenly the boat rocks and a giant nuclear submarine pops out of the water and seal team 88 captures Michonne into the submarine, leaving Virgil with his boat. Virgil continues on to the island and reunite with his wife...happens to be the garbage woman Jadis.

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Damn, you should apply for a FTWD gig! You nailed it. :)

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I too am on the fence about who she was talking about. At first I thought it was an obvious reference to Rick, but the more I thought about it. That was originally Siddiq quoting the Quran and she just found out about Siddiq's death. Plus she said "friend", which felt like she could have been talking about him.

I mean she could have been talking about Rick, but it could be Siddiq also.

• Like Like x 2
  19. BlackBird

I think the beauty of the scene was that Michonne was thinking about Siddiq (her friend) in her first wave of grief hearing about his death. But this particular quote was so important to Rick and Carl too, and kind of connected them all, so even though she was thinking about Siddiq, remembering him brought back Rick and Carl too. That was good writing and the usual phenomenal acting from Danai.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I guess Michonne will just leave to look for Rick somehow. She used to be my favorite character by far, but now meh,... I'd prefer her to die. These "I'll take a break because my career" things are annoying as **** and the production shouldn't tolerate any of that crap. Maggie, dead. Rick, dead. Michonne, dead. So what?