Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Michonnes' flashback

Discussion in 'Episode 409 - After' started by Faelan Dixon, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Faelan Dixon

Faelan Dixon Member

Am i the only person who thinks that they could do a better job at michonnes' flashback?
    I felt like their was no smooth transition between the two scenes.
    For a few seconds i was confused like i was watching a completely different televisionseries.
    If you could fix this transition, what would you change?

But i liked how that scene ended though...

2. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

My interpretation was that it was supposed to be jarring. It turned out to be a dream after all. I really liked her knife turning into a katana. I thought the acting of the bros was a bit strange initially but when it turned out that this was a dream and they suddenly had their arms hacked off then I thought the bros did a really good job of appearing like unreal people who might appear in a dream.

I liked it. I like surprises in tv shows that make me think "WTF is going on here?" It's way better than conventional fake suspense - Oh no, Carl got attacked by a zombie, will he die? Nope, didn't think so. So that was a waste of our time.

3. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I thought it was a good scene..

my interpretation of it was her memories of the old life and what she's seen/experienced since are becoming blurred & intertwining with each other..

• Like Like x 1
  4. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

It was supposed to be trippy. Funny how I didn't notice the transitions myself because this is how I am when I see my own dreams.

It was a very good flashback nonetheless. We basically saw two parts of Michonne's life put into one dream sequence.

5. Busted Flipflop

So then was it a flashback or a dream? I must admit if it was a flashback then that was some apartment. The interior decor was quite lovely and expensive looking, but you know how it is with television and movies, they always exaggerate and make everyone appear wealthy, lol.

6. Undertaker

Undertaker Member

They might have been somewhat wealthy in the past. The thing is, in an apocalypse like the one in the Walking Dead, wealth means very little. Everybody is affected the same.

7. Shane's Brainz

I liked it, it was trippy and weird. What was confusing to me was when she was talking to him when she was alone , and was talking out loud and she said something like I know why. I know they obviously all died but now Im wondering how did the baby die. Im glad I didnt have to see the baby die but some kinda nod towards how would of been nice lol

8. PipForever

PipForever Member

I thought that the scene was one of the highlights of the episode. It was the one scene that was completely unpredictable and completely different from everything that we've seen so far.

My only one complaint is how Michonne acted. She seemed so strange. Maybe it's the contrast between how she acts now and how she acted in the dream? But anyway, seeing her laughing and joking around was odd.

But overall it was good. We now know who her previous pets were, and we know why Michonne cried when she held Judith...

9. PipForever

PipForever Member

Someone in another thread said that they think that Mike, her boyfriend/husband, killed the baby and himself. This would explain both the dialogue in the dream (him saying that what they were doing wasn't considered living, he didn't think he or his son were really alive anymore) and what Michonne says later ( something like "It wasn't you who did that back at the camp. Things could have been different. You could still be alive. He could still be alive.")

10. Shane's Brainz

That was kinda where I was going with it or what flashed through my mind, would explain why she had said once that they were monsters before they turned. I wish they would of clarified that tho, maybe her seeing them dead, not so much the baby but maybe screaming or something so we knew for sure. But secretly I like to be plagued by the mystery so I still loved how the show went.

11. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Michonne was a lawyer before the Turn. Of course she could afford a swanky Atlanta high rise apartment. So it makes complete sense that they were high class educated people. Discussing and criticizing the art exhibition they just returned from, all while snacking on brie and other fine cheeses and opening a bottle of expensive wine. Had absolutely nothing with "how television and movie always exaggerate", she probably was wealthy, successful and affluent.

12. cpump

cpump Member

Didnt like it at first but after it was explained on talking dead i
    enjoy it more

13. Busted Flipflop

I know that. It was just explained to me above. I didn't realize she was a lawyer.

14. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

I was happy to see the dream sequence and her "pets" alive, but I was SOOO frustrated when they left us hanging with the dialog you quoted above. Hints at but doesn't really explain what happened to the pets & baby. Aaaarrrrggghhh!

15. jwcoombs

That was me in that other thread, but I feel more like, based on Michonnes dialogue in Joe and Joe Jr's BBQ, that Mike killed himself, turned, and attacked their child.

16. jwcoombs

In a different Michonne thread earlier today I had addressed that same thing. I feel like Mike "opted out" then turned and subsequently attacked their child. Maybe even Terry as well? And Michonne returned too late...

But I loved seeing her talk to Mike aloud when she was at the BBQ place. She had mentioned the the episode "Clear" that she sometimes talked to her dead boyfriend(an obvious nod to her frequent conversations with and "possessions" by Mike in the comic)But this is the first time we get to see her do it in the show. She spoke with Mike often in the comic, especially during those few grim days in the dark storage lockers beneath Woodbury's dirt race track. She also claimed that Mike would "help" her do things, and sometimes "take control", made the hard stuff easier I suppose. Seems to be a pretty effective coping mechanism for her.

17. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

I liked it, first it was all fine, then it became darker.

18. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

I had just walked back into the room and it had already started. At first I thought it was a funny commercial for something...especially when I saw she slipped her sword into the knife rack. Then I realized it was going on too long and getting too weird to be a commercial and figured out it was a dream. lol

19. Candi

Candi New Member

Agree entirely. Starting to think maybe he and his friend/brother dude may have killed her son, and those were her "pet walkers" and thus she tells Andrea "they weren't even human before" (or something to that degree).

Also I think her reaction when she saw Rick and Carl sitting there eating food through the window speaks volumes. Whether it's kind of a parallel to her boyfriend and son, I'm not sure.

20. Cons72

Cons72 Member

My first thought was wasn't she using a knife to cut the food, what is her Katana out for.

Then when she put it in the knife block, I was like, "wow... she specially built her counter to hold her Katana where she used to live?"

Then when other things started changing in the dream, I figured out what was going on.

:zombies_blush: