Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Michonne's pets shouldn't have been in the show!

Discussion in 'Episode 409 - After' started by mtamborra, Feb 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

I think its like a double edged sword. The concept is really awesome, but I can't help but wonder now, why aren't they ALL doing this? I mean they've seen her do it and know it works. It makes them less scary and takes away the fear of them. They can literally walk through herds with the "pet" method. I know its a fictional show but you would think they all would do it now to save their own asses when they are walking outside.

Hell you might not even need a whole walker, you could probably just make a backpack out of the walker head and wear that!

2. Busted Flipflop

I'm still trying to understand how being attached to them makes her less vulnerable. Like the scene with her walking amongst a herd, can't other walkers surrounding her right and left "tell" that she was walker food? How does being attached to two other walkers by a rope prevent this? If her two pets don't go after her, why wouldn't others. I'm sure she passes the sniff test. I would think being covered with walker guts would mask her more.

Or cut off a few fingers and wear it around you like a necklace - like garlic for zombie protection.

On a completely separate note, I thought it interesting how Danai Gurira described her using pets again as a default survival mechanism. Going back to what she knew before she met Rick and company. The scene with her chopping their heads off was symbolic of her shedding her experience before she met Rick and moving forward to find them.

3. sutton

sutton New Member

Its mostly symbolic representation of Michonne's state at the time, she's reverting to old ways, she blends in with the dead because she is "dead" herself, killing them offers a metaphor of her change of heart...

Technically speaking, I think it has more to it that just scent and ties into walker herd mentality. Walkers react to other walkers, will band together and all move towards one stimulus or another. I suppose they also take their cues of what not to react to from other walkers around them. Since Michonne's pets are not reacting to her as prey, other walkers don't see her as prey.

My question is what are the walkers reacting to just before Michonne massacres them? When she first acquired her new pets she led them, walking in front and pulling them along behind. Later, we see the pets in front and Michonne is the one getting dragged along. The mini herd collects up around her and they are moving at quite a pace. What are they being drawn too?

4. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

This is just a guess but those new pet walkers were super fresh. I'm guessing they didn't smell much yet and at some point the other walkers could tell she was meat

5. DonnyTWD

DonnyTWD Active Member

ah yes..but no one can pull it off as awesome as Michonne

[​IMG]

6. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I think that not only is the smell covered up some. The way she walks and moves when she has the walkers is like camo as well. She can use them as pace setters and guides so that it appears that she fits in.

7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

They didn't react to her until she acted differently towards them. (When she stopped and looked at her doppelganger dead self. then they started heading towards her. [MENTION=30001]sutton[/MENTION] stated it perfectly.

8. Country

Country Member

Andrea actually did it in the third season.

9. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

hay hay hay.....your gonna start a rumble around here with that kinda talk.

10. Captain Trips

Captain Trips Member

Yea, it's a little incongruous... Michonne and Andrea both did it with success so one would think that it would just become common practice...

11. Machete

Machete Active Member

Rick and Carl did exactly have a Katana with them though...

12. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I'm not sure if anyone in Rick's group knows about Michonne's little trick...

13. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

Rick was the first one to pull of the trick in the episode "guts"...yeah a different version of the trick, but still the same concept