Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Migrating Host

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by mattybadboy44, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Johcamp

Johcamp Member

You can fix this problem easy with a router that has qos settings. This allows you to limit your upload speed effectively choking your Internet to the point that the game will not choose your connection. Linksys has quite a few models that perform this function but I suggest you read up on it.

2. Wordup

Wordup Well-Known Member

People that don't think there is a disadvantage to being host think so because they are never/very rarely host (most likely due to their average or below average connection speed).

It has to do with how different the connections are across the lobby. If everyone has an average speed connection in a game, then the host will not be as affected. If there is a large delta in connection speeds, you will notice the disadvantage FAR more. This is why people with very good connections complain more (you get host often and there is a greater chance for a large delta in connection speeds for each game you play).

The effects are dramatic when it happens. I can literally join a lobby and dominate for a couple games, and then all of sudden just suck in the third game (like going from a +3 k/d to <1 k/d). Same players, same game mode. This is when you know you have now become the host of the lobby.

3. TheEvilPorkChop

Exactly ^

4. PenguinFoop

PenguinFoop New Member

Okay, after reading this, I'm confused about something. My connection is not a very high one (I'm sure, though I don't know much about internet connection speeds and such) but anyway, sitting in the lobby and looking at my network details, it says that my bandwidth is 727 kbps so I'm guessing it's pretty poor.

But I've experienced the same problems you've mentioned. I've used my maxed out argus and unloaded a full clip on someone just to have them shoot me twice and I die. This was at point blank range and aiming right at the other player's face.

As I'm sure I'm not hosting with my pitiful connection, what else could cause such horrendous syncing issues? I'm guessing that syncing with the other players' consoles online would be what connects us all together, right?

*reason for edit: messed up the second sentence.

5. macheal

macheal New Member

fgfhfgjghjghjfgjfgjfgjfg

6. macheal

macheal New Member

ghfghfjgtnhjfnhjfh

7. macheal

macheal New Member

fdgsdgsadgsdgsdg

8. muskyking

muskyking Member

its called someone using a lag switch.