Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Miles Behind Us Synopsis

Discussion in 'Volume 2: Miles Behind Us' started by Jakobi, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Volume 2: Miles Behind Us is the second volume of The Walking Dead Comic Series and contains issues 7-12. This volume picks up after the events of Volume 1: Days Gone Bye. After the death of Amy, Jim, and Shane, Rick Grimes and the rest of the survivors leave Atlanta and travel across many miles of hostile territory. The group picks up new members such as Tyreese, Chris, and Julie, and loses old ones as they attempt to survive the brutal winter. The group find shelter at the Greene Family Farm, though events quickly take a turn for the worse after it is discovered that Hershel Greene, the owner of the farm, has been keeping the barn full of walkers in the hopes of someone finding a cure for the epidemic. An attempt to open the barn results in the walkers breaking loose...

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Volume_2:_Miles_Behind_Us

2. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

It was odd to me, I felt the farm went a lot quicker in the comic than one the show. I got the impression they were only at the farm a few days.

3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Last weekend I finally got around to reading Miles Behind Us.

Rick's officially the group's leader, and he gives everyone clear instructions on what to do. Rick, however, needs to stop saying "It's going to be dark soon," because trouble always happens when he says that! :zombies_lol:

I like how Lori is disgusted by Shane, whereas in the show she can't make up her mind. Shane, however, is revealed to have always wanted Lori. As quickly as Shane was killed off in the comic, I'm glad he's dead.

Tyreese, of course, makes his debut, and I see why he's such a fan favorite. I'm curious however, how Rick and the guys couldn't recognize the ex-NFL player, considering how popular the sport is in the South.

Vol. 2 reinforces my opinion that Allen is the weakest member of the group (Dale practically said that to Rick). After losing his wife Donna to zombies, Allen becomes dreadfully withdrawn from the group. I expected him to do a murder/suicide on his twin sons and himself.

I give Robert Kirkman points for the subtle drama of Glenn losing any chance at Carol to Tyreese. Then there's the escalating relationship of Chris and Julie. I can't stand that kid. I'll bet most readers couldn't stand him either.

I enjoyed Hershel's revelation of keeping zombies in the barn, especially the blank stare on his face as he said it. Funny how confrontational Rick and Hershel are in the comic, while they're more civil on the show.

After reading vol. 1, I had the impression that Rick wasn't bright. Rick going to Hershel and asking that the group move into the farmhouse, just hours after Hershel lost his kids was stupid of Rick. Although Lori jumping into their argument didn't help the situation either.

Vol. 2 is a step up from the slow pace of Vol. 1.

#3 Rapscallion, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013