Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Millions of voices cried out in horror

Discussion in 'Episode 814 - Still Gotta Mean Something' started by lastcat3, Apr 3, 2018.

1. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

When that bat stopped inches away from Negan's head and his face wasn't bashed in.

I would have rated this episode a 10 if they killed him off right there.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Love the title of this thread. Lol

Negan didn’t even blink muchless flinch.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. lastcat3

The dude so needs to die. I sure hope they don't try to keep him around as long as the comics have. He has been nothing but a hindrance to the show. Not JDM's fault but the character was just horribly written and developed. They thought they could do a straight up translation to live action and fans would like it just as much as they did in the comics.

4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I just wish he would have been more humanized at the beginning like he is here and there now. The circus show shit lasted way too long.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. tink

tink Well-Known Member

It's weird because they knew how to do a villain right, the Governor was done perfectly. A complete psycho but still compelling, and you could see that there was humanity lost in him, no just always a wacko.

That;s what they needed to do with Negan, especially seeing that they were obviously going to keep him on the show.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I guess I'm alone, but I like Negan 1000x more than the Governor. I hate that nobody will just have the brains to finish him clean, I hate the idea that they could "forgive" this character, but none of that is on him - it's just weak writing - Negan himself I kind of like.

I can't see him fit in anywhere after AOW, so I'd prefer him to die, but right now he is one of my favorite characters. Not on Michonne's level, but pretty much on par with the second tier.

• Like Like x 2
  7. lastcat3

They should have cut out a lot of Negan's pervertedness and made him a much more serious character. Negan's personality works in the comics because the reader still has the ability to put a lot of their own imagination into the story. Not so when you get into live action and all those sex jokes and other pervy behavior just sticks out like a sore thumb and paints the picture of a character that should be in his room wanking off with his bat instead of leading a group of survivors in a post apocalyptic world.

It does seem the writers have recognized the faults with the character and have attempted to course correct a bit (as his perverted behavior has been toned down a little over the last eight to ten episodes). But it is just a little too late at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I enjoy Negan's character. He's awful, but I enjoy him. I think JDM is doing a great job portraying him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I like that they held off in showing a more human side of him because we were first seeing him through the eyes of strangers just like Rick's group did. He was the evil dude that bashed Glenn & Abe's brains in...but now we're being shown more sides of him. I still think there are vast differences between him and Rick when it comes to morals, but i like that they are showing us different layers as we go.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I like Negan over the governor. You know what you are getting with him. He lays it all out. Whereas, the governor was a snake in human skin.
    He would sweet talk you, and stab you in the back, when your not looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

That was Negan's plot armor in it's full glory right at that moment. The bat was blocked. That plot armor is in place for at least a couple more episodes so no way was that bat reaching his face.

• Like Like x 1