Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Monster Complaints and Criticisms!!

Discussion in 'Episode 201 - Monster' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

There's a huge difference between monitoring radio traffic and chatting them up with all your details (bragging re the yacht, desalinization system,etc.) I wouldn't expect a teenager to understand this or even understand evil people, but I would expect adults who want to survive to use a little common sense and mom/dad like supervision (skills that. neither Maddie, for all her rescue-all-strangers courage and Travis) have. Time for the end of naievety and the end of spoiled-brat syndrome if you want to survive.

Unless things change (meaning attitudes and awareness) big-time in the next episode, my money is on the bad guys and/or zombies.

2. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Agree, it was a stupid move. It seems Alicia is marginalized while Maddie has focused on Nick. I wouldn't call her spoiled though, young, naive,..definitely.

3. xilch

xilch New Member

Snooze fest

All I could do to stay awake. Very boring. Season 1 wasn't great but I was hoping it would improve. The only ones worth saving are the barber, the druggy, and the boat owner.

Travis needs to go first. Such a wimp.

4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Hm, maybe good luck due to much of the boat being made of materials that float, even when things are in pieces? I can suspend disbelief for it to be floating super low than for Nick to be blindly diving into wreckage and expecting to bob up into a safe place to breathe.

Editing to say I thought I was replying to OP. Your reply is hilarious. :)

5. Tara La Reine

Tara La Reine Member

I agree. The first season established that she has a history of turning away from her family for connection even though she clearly loves them. That's not a spoiled brat thing. Given the structure of her family, I'm guessing she's been lowest priority for a long time.

6. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

How could everyone miss this: THERE WAS ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

it is time to riot now...

8. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

I wonder how long Chris is ganna be a lil broading, butt hurt, sucker punching BIATCH? I'm mean seriously, its the zombie APOCALYPSE. He's acting like their on vacation and his dad just hit his mom. EVERYONE IS DEAD AND YOU STILL HAVE YOUR FATHER, a mega yacht, and armed companions, what alil micro perspective punk. He could learn alot from Daniel AKA El Barbero

9. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

No, it was Strand.

10. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

He is a high school kid who just saw his mom take a bullet between the eyes...Think about that..How would u feel?? give the kid a break, it's only been one episode.

11. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

She is a teenage girl who just got thrown into the ZA....give her a little time to get jaded. Christ, it took 2 seasons for Rick F'ing Grimes to stop trusting people..

12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It was travis.

13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Because it was overturned and that part was above water. The water level inside the boat was flush with the water level outside. There was no air pocket creating a lower water level in the boat.

14. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

You don't think EVERYONE feels the same, only difference is they don't let it consume them (atleast outwardly). Nick saw his zombie GF munching on a guy, Alicia knows she lost her bf and she was mad at him for not showing up (while he definitely lay dying), Travis literally killed his ex wife (mother of his child), and Daniel lost his wife. But Chris is the only one acting like that...

15. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I stand corrected.. It was Travis.

16. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Nick was stoned, Alicia didn't see her boyfriend turn and Danial is a 65 year old man... They have all had time to deal with it.. It's only been one episode.

17. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

My criticism was less of Alicia (as I said I wouldn't expect a teenager to know better) but of her parent(s) for not supervising her. Madison and Travis are out to lunch. This boat is not that big that they cannot watch what their traumatized teens are doing. Neither one of them are.

18. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I think that all their heads are spinning right now...They can't be expected to sit next to her and listen to every word she says.. That's the beauty of this show.. We are seeing them learn everything from the very beginning.

19. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

True. But as I see it, it is learn fast or die. I do not like Madison's "out-to-lunch"-edness or Travis' weakness. They should be setting some ground rules for their children but they are ignoring them. The ocean is unforgiving. Had the show been more realistic (ha,ha, a funny concept for a ZA), the swamped boat Nick and Chris were swimming around would probably have been surrounded by sharks, given all the zombies in the water. In the non--ZA world, there are pirates and its clear there is a motive for pirates to attack a boat like Abigail (and maybe to kidnap a teen girl like Alicia) . Pirates have even more of a motive now.

I just think both Madison and Travis need to quit acting like they are stoned and start acting like parents who want to save their children. Its called leadership. In a crisis, I expect it from the parents if they want their children to survive-- not "I don't know what to do....."

20. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I know what your saying....but how are the parents responsible for a teenager, out of nowhere just deciding to jump in the ocean? (maybe that scene wasn't written so good), but I don't want to get into that.

Chris jumping in the ocean was used to move the story along so that Nick would jump in and eventually find that "Yacht Log"...which will be important to the story.

Travis seems to be coming along to be getting it. He did object to taking on the boat people because, like he said... his people come first.. Travis is in a real tough spot.. He has to worry about Chris who is pissed at him..He has to worry about Maddie's family.. When Strand was harshly grilling Alisha about her radio conversation he told Strand to calm down.....Strand came down hard on Travis. So Travis is in a dammed if I do, dammed if I don't spot.. I think Travis is coming around at a pretty good pace..