Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morales!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 802 - The Damned' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Morales is, indeed, back. Thoughts?

I for one can still hope its a hallucination. Its really Kenny Loggins

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I was shocked because I was one of those people that didn't think he would come back. I have to say I like the twist. Now a friend-turned-enemy has Rick caught up.

• Like Like x 2
  3. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I had read speculations he would be back but I didn’t expect him to be a Savior... I’m thinking he’s going to remain an enemy and Rick may have to kill him eventually... I think he’s going to linger around for a little while first though

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TestedTwice

TestedTwice New Member

I thought it was really neat. I'm looking forward to see how much he has changed from season one. It's one thing to follow the transformation of a character through eight seasons, but it'll be interesting to see a character go from a friend straight to an enemy.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

I love that Morales came back--and as a Savior! I'd love to know what happened between the last time we see him in Season 1 and now. What happened to his family? Why did he change? I love having a loose end get tied--or addressed in some manner. I look forward to find out where this goes.

6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

The za looks good on him! :p

7. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Morales does not sound like he is really a saviour. This choice of words (''I am calling the saviours back'') seems to me he is not part of Negan's men (like Simon) but more like he is a 'subject' of Negan (like Rick). If he is a die-hard saviour, he would likely says something like ''I am Negan, not Morales'' or ''We will get you, Rick''.

Another thing is, Morales and Rick both have excellent memory. They can recognize each other in a spilt of seconds.

I hope, Rick will talk him out of it. Then when the saviours arrive, they will all be mowed down by the .50 caliber machine gun found by Daryl.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

I want to see what Morales has been doing all this time .The fact they bothered to have some dialogue about the past ....I'm looking fwd to daryl saving the day or something and then we learn about what Morales has been up to when they torture him for answers muahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  9. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I hope the writers put some thought into it. If they brought him back just to kill him quickly it would seem kind of stupid to me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

In an episode of Sharpe (British napoleonic war drama) our hero has a gun trained on him by a member of a band of deserters. His response was just like Rick's - "I recognise you, we've fought together, your name is..." (I'm paraphrasing). It worked for Sharpe...

• Like Like x 1
  11. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I'm... cautiously optimistic...

If handled well, then I think Morales' return should be just fine and a welcomed twist if short lived... But done wrong and it ends up just being a meaningless gesture that doesn't really serve the story.

I've always liked Morales though, but some things are best left to the imagination. Not everyone has to come back, otherwise deaths or losing contact diminishes in impact because we can always just wait for them to return.

After the barn and the prison fell that was one thing, even Morgan was believable, but now it just feels like everyone has some oddly innate ability to track one another down.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Morales came back.....the actor can now stop begging to come back....now kill him Rick, KILL HIM!!
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

He is now Moralless.

Sent from my iPad using little or no insight

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I think there was a lot of speculation that Morales would be the crossover character with Fear The Walking Dead. That looks to be out the window unless Morales likes traveling back and forth across country during a ZA. I do hope they give some explanation of what he's been doing the last 2.5 or so years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. pilight

pilight Member

Morales took his family to Birmingham, and now reappears in northern Virginia. Seems awfully coincidental.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

If there is any consolation to his reappearance, it is STILL more plausible and believable then the stupid, blithering, cryptic, moronic speech of the Garbage dump people. To be honest, i can believe his return and ending up with the Saviours. Not difficult to fathom that the trip to Brimingham went wrong with hordes of walkers and they were diverted. Back then was beginning of ZA so there were probably a lot more walkers and travelling would have been more perilous. Smaller world, more of a chance to run into someone you know.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

He almost needs a whole episode so we can see how a family man taking his wife and kids to find their relatives ends up with the saviors. Where is his family by the way? What happened? Why is he such a dick now? Or a least we presume he is since he has a gun trained on Rick. Do we care?

18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I didn't even see a glimmer of niceness in Morales' face when he saw his old friend Rick :-/ The ZA & Negan sure have hardened him.

19. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Morales is litterally one of the most useless and most boring characters to bring back. A real twist would been if that dumb kid that Shane shot in Season 2 was never shot and it was him and he would feel bit shattered since Rick saved him and kept him prisoners and the ytried to help him.

Instead we get dickhole Morales who clearly knew Rick was around and give 0 ****s about him.

20. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Later we will learn:
    Lori was not pregnant with Judith until .. she met Morales
    That the governor was known only as the dogcatcher until .. he met Morales.
    That Negan was the kindest man in the county until .. he met Morales.

#20 JEA13, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1