Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morales!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 802 - The Damned' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I have thought this too. And could explain why they didn't find guns.

2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Probably didn't make it that far, and like Rick's group, ended up in Virginia

3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see all of their faces...Rick's face when he sees they came back with a bunch of the saviors. Tara and Jesus' face when they see Rick came back with a baby :p.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

IF they survive :(

5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Ok, so Morales, like the rest of the saviors, was instructed to not kill Rick. They are to capture him and bring him to Negan. Morales knows this enemy is named Rick, but before they were face to face, did Morales know it was the same Rick from Atlanta?

I get the impression that Morales only puts two and two together when he sees Rick's face. Also makes me wonder if he knows about Carl and Daryl. Stands to reason that if Negan gave instructions on what to do with this group they are at war with, he would tell them about the other players. Like Carl, Rick's son who infiltrated the sanctuary, and Daryl the guy who escaped. So I wonder if Morales knew ahead of time that this was the group he was with in Atlanta. He didn't like Daryl back then and Carl was a kid.

I can see this going the other way. Morales was almost speaking in third person when talking to Rick. Saying he called the saviors, as if he wasn't one. Then saying "my people". Makes me wonder if he isn't a savior he's just part of a group who work for the saviors, sort of like how Alexandria, Hilltop, and Kingdom did....and the library group and Oceanside. That's why he referred to Rick as a prize.

Either way I don't see Morales being a savior and wanting to turn Rick in. I think there is more to this than Morales simply being a savior.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Shane did not shoot the kid Randall anyway?
    He broke his neck and Glenn and Daryl found him like that too.

We have no reason to assume that Morales knows it is officer friendly either?

Also "0 shits"?
    Lost in translation for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Well, he killed him. That I remember.

Non the less, Morales really didn't show any sort of happines, thankfulness or care that Rick been his friend and helped him before. I hope he gets a lesson and won't be part of the TV show no longer!

8. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

The more I think about it it seems Morales Family is the only group who choose to not follow Rick from the Quarry and instead thought he would do better on his own with his family?

Maybe the writers did have this plan in mind all along somehow?

Who knows how he will fit in now?

9. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Morales would have had to be there for the killing of Glenn and Abraham right? That one savior Rick let the zombie eat in 801 was there "saw him crying". Idk I don't like this Morales thing to begin with.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

But to be fair, he didn't have much of a part in S1, so to say he's totally useless is pretty harsh. With a storyline of bringing back someone from long ago who else would there be that we're certain isn't dead?

11. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

How about just not taking anyone back? I mean, it is not really adding anything. It is a forced narrative or some shit to make us "care" about Saviours. I cared more about the lady leading the defenses outside, she seemd pretty competent but she died when she understood the plan to not headshot them but to get them to turn. How she finally understood why they did not push further to break the siege.

Morales is a character that is so bland and uninteresting since we know 0 about him except that he had a family and went elsewhere. It been so many seasons now and he is so insignificant in the big picture. It is the same actor, with the same in setting name but it is far from the same character. It has 0 meaning but a bait at "OHH AN OLD FACE RETURNS FROM THE OLD DAYS". And he comes back as an asshole who talks about "money" on Ricks head like he is a greedy bounty hunter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I guess I just don't see what you're so worked up about. You're right, we don't know much about Morales because he had such a short stint in S1. So no one got a chance to care about his character and that's why to this point he's "bland and uninteresting". Now, because he's the only one still alive from S1 that they could bring back, I'm expecting to see the writers expand his character a bit for some background. I'm interested to see how it plays out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Honestly, it be more interesting if they brought back one of the officers from season 1, I think one of the officers was old military. A potential character that would ended up driving to Texas for his family, hypotetical he goes there, and ends up with the FTWD gang in Season 4 to later on end up back home. I would find it more interesting, and someone Rick would have known from before the apoc. Not little fatty Morales.

14. batongal

batongal Active Member

Curious to see if they take a trip down memory lane. Can't wait to see Daryl's reaction. Morales couldn't stand Merle.