Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morgan and Duane

Discussion in 'Episode 201 - What Lies Ahead' started by Susan, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Susan

Susan New Member

I wanted to ask if the man and boy from season 1 will be in season 2 (Morgan Jones and his son Duane). I know Rick left the car out in the woods for them if they happened to show up there.

2. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

You know I am not sure...I would assume they would meet up again somewhere...maybe someone else knows a bit more.

3. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

HUGE (potential) SPOILER ALERT:

As always, keep in mind the fact that the show is VERY different from the comics, so this may not happen on the show, but here is what happens to Morgan (dad) and Duane (son) in the comics. Remember, in the comics Rick never gave Morgan a radio, so they have had no contact since they split up. About a year after Rick first met Morgan, Rick and his current group of survivors are on the road again, looking for a new safe place to live when he realizes they are in Rick's old neighborhood. They stop to check on Morgan, and Rick gets smashed in the head with a shovel, just like the first time he met Morgan. At first, Rick thinks he was hit by Duane again, but it was in fact Morgan. Rick asks about Duane, and Morgan brings Rick inside the house, where we see...

(here comes the spoiler)

...Duane is now a zombie, and Morgan has been keeping him chained to a banister. Morgan has also been killing looters/plunderers who wander into the area and feeding them to Duane. Rick offers to let Morgan come with the other survivors wherever they are going, and then gives Morgan a gun and tells him to "Do the right thing" - meaning "Kill the zombie Duane". He leaves Morgan to do the deed, and the group outside hears a gunshot from inside the house. Morgan comes out a moment later, and everyone assumes he has killed Duane. In fact, Morgan only shot the chain restraining Duane, and we see zombie Duane wandering out of the house as the survivors pull away in their cars.

All of this happened about a year ago in the comics. More recently - in the last or next-to-last issue - Morgan was bitten on the arm by a zombie. Rick and Michonne (Michonne isn't in the TV show yet, but she will be, and she will become the most popular character on the show because she is a super-badass black bodybuilder chick with a samurai sword) immediately amputate the bitten arm, which has successfully saved peoples' lives before; unfortunately, it does not work this time and Morgan dies.

4. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

I should have mentioned that none of this will happen in season 2, and probably not season 3 either. Before they find Morgan, they have to find Herschel's Farm, live there a while, leave the farm, find the prison, live there for several months, leave the prison, and THEN return to Rick's hometown.

5. inkerchris

inkerchris Member

I am SO excited when they bring in Michonne, although I bet a lot of her story will be scaled down a bit, such as
    But I agree, she will be a favorite, she has always been mine!

6. Lucky

Lucky Member

I hope we see them again. I have to think since they keep mentioning him they are setting up an eventual reunion, or at least I hope so.

7. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

I wanna see them again too. Great characters of the show. 'Hope to see them in Season Three or Four.

8. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

9. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

^^^ Not episode 2, 10***

10. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

He doesn't.

11. Dani

Dani Member

12. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

I really can't wait to see Morgan and Duane back... I have always wondered what happened to them!

13. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

...Wait

Did you not see my post above yours? It said *not episode 2, it was 10. It was a typo... lol I don't know why i didn't notice the typo till now.

14. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

I knew what you meant.

15. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

So he doesn't return in the Home episode? oh

16. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

He returns on Clear.

17. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

Ah, okay thanks for that.

18. Lonesome Lurker

Lonesome Lurker Active Member

What if they're only on set to be shown being killed? If they are alive, man will their reunion w/ Rick be fantastic.

19. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I don't think that would be the reason.

20. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I hope Rick remembers their names. He should, considering they saved his life, but you never know in this crazy world.