Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morgan and Richard

Discussion in 'Episode 713 - Bury Me Here' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Morgan's character got a bit more interesting tonight. Not only did he kill, but he killed in one of the most personal ways there is.

As for Richard, did he deserve to die? And die like that?

Speak!!

2. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Richard wanted the saviors to understand that the kingdom knew how things had to be. He wanted to regain their trust. Morgan killing Richard and explaining the situation accomplished that goal

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Richard clearly wanted to "opt out". Whether in battle or suicide, win or lose. Yes, Richard's intended to sacrifice himself, but he told Morgan that he wanted to win back the Saviors' trust, and when he had it, attack full force with Alexandria and Hilltop.

4. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Yes Richard got Ben killed. But he did intend for himself to be the one to take the bullet. He just should have not tried to predict the actions of a lunatic Savior. In the end he did light the fire we all needed to be lit in Morgan and Ezekiel. And it led to Morgan telling Carol the truth. So his death was huge in the bigger picture and will help our group in the war.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

If Benjamin didnt die I dont think Morgan woukd have reacted the same. Morgan, like Carol, let Benjamin into his life. Losing him the way he did stirred up the old Morgan.

It's gettin real GOOD now!!

• Like Like x 3
  6. PalmettoG27

PalmettoG27 Member

Morgan lost it and went after the walkers when they killed his son Dyan.

Then he found peace and went through that annoying phase at which time he started to train Ben and sort of viewed him as a son. And then the Saviors kill Ben. It was like losing his son again and he SNAPS. Only he doesn't go crazy and out of touch with reality like when Rick found him that second time.

He simply becomes badass Morgan and is going on a mission to kill or "clear" as many Saviors as possible.... That's where I think we are with Morgan and if so I like how the writers did it.

Morgan is probably going to end up taking out a huge chunk of Saviors and be a huge lone difference maker in favor of Team Rick against Team Negan in the eventual war.

#6 PalmettoG27, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  7. OaklandBorn

OaklandBorn Member

Hopefully we somehow get to see him in a season 3 kind of outfit and stuff like a armored suit with a ton of guns

8. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Richard's words became a self fullfilling prophecy...they had to do something to regain the savior's trust before attacking them.

Would Morgan have killed him if he had told Ezekial what he did...as he told Morgan he would? I wonder. I think the fact that Richard didn't say anything is what set Morgan off. I feel that in that moment, Morgan knew they would have to fight and Richard was going to get his wish because nothing less would convince the Saviors that they knew what they had to do, not to mention that he boiled thinking Benjamin's death might be in vain otherwise.

Benjamin got justice. Richard's plan to die got carried out with such ferocity and so unexpectedly that everyone's reactions were genuine. The Savior's were appeased. The kingdom is on board to fight.

Unfortunately, Morgan's lost that inner peace he tried so hard to achieve but he's gonna keep on killing, thank goodness.

#8 purriwinkle, Mar 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

The real reason is that he should never ever have "set up" a situation that would not have happened otherwise. First he tried to set up Carol and now he got Benjamin killed. That was very careless and stupid and I'm really not sure how else that lesson would have got across, he was clearly a danger to himself and others.

He didn't deserve it.
    It needed to happen out of self-preservation.

• Like Like x 1
  10. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Exactly! The short term outcome wasn't what Richard had planned, but led Morgan, Carol & Ezekial in the same planned direction.

11. Reflexx

Reflexx Member

I just couldn't buy all of the Kingdom people just standing there, watching Morgan slowly kill Richard. They didn't know that Richard caused Ben's death.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say it was predictable but I totally saw this coming. well except Morgan killing Richard. it wasn't till their confrontation in Richards room that I knew. the look on Morgans face said it all. and once Richard starting talking about proving to the saviors they understood. you dug your own grave buddy.

also, Morgan sharpening his staff at the end was so great

#12 TheILLness, Mar 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Rick/Richard coincidence?

14. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I predicted a few episodes back that Richard might sacrifice himself during an exchange. I thought he would just mouth off to the guy that hates him. I didnt expect such an elaborate plan that would backfire and get the kid killed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Richard is to blame for Ben's death as much as Daryl is to blame for Glenn's death. Neither character knew their actions would result in someone else dying.

Richard's plan ultimately worked. The saviors trust them and Carol and Ezekiel are ready to fight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dulak

Dulak Member

I didnt really like how this played out ... can understand but still didnt leave a good feeling like it did with some here. Morgan didnt have to kill Richard for the saviors to get the picture ... Morgan took a life because he was upset - and to be honest he exhibited some of his 'crazy' behavior that he had pre errr (forgot the zen guys name).

Now Im glad Carol is finally stepping up and King Ezekiel is on board. Just sad to see 2 lives lost - 2 good people perhaps not Richard so much but least he was trying.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Anyone think it odd that none of the Kingdom people jumped in to pull Morgan off?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think the passive reaction is that they have great respect for Morgan and that the Savious all had guns and any hasty movements and it could been a even bigger feast for the crows and an alerted Negan.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I really thought earlier Morgan was going to off Richard right then as Richard was confessing his ill-fated plan with the cantaloupes. I, too, found the kingdom folks' reaction to Morgan choking Richard puzzling. Seems ONE person would have jumped in. Maybe they're ALL scared of Morgan - lol!

I wonder if Morgan killed Richard out of pure rage, or did Morgan consider the premise Richard had with regard to the plan to let the saviors believe that "we get it"? After all, while Morgan cut off Richard's planned "we get it" speech with the beat-down, he, in fact, gave the speech himself after finishing Richard.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

IKR? Richard was not an entirely unsympathetic character. When Morgan went to his room to confront him about what he'd discovered, I felt he stayed his hand when Richard told him his backstory/motive only because Richard said he would tell Ezekial and the others what he did, take the consequences, and spend the rest of his life making up for it.

At the drop, that at was the first thing Morgan asked him, Did you tell Ezekial? When he started to put Morgan off, I knew something was up. I didn't think he was gonna kill him right then and there but he walked over to pick up the sticks and saw Benjamin's blood and then he walked off to the side of the group before he attacked Richard.

What went through his head in those moments before he struck? Did the rage just build up? Was he thinking that SOB isn't getting away with this? Did Richard's words come back to him about doing something that would make the Saviors think they were ok and back on track cause you're right....he ended up giving Richard's "we get it speech" almost verbatim. At any rate, it went down like Richard predicted but I doubt he thought he was going to be giving his life for the cause at that very moment.

Oh, I think the Kingdom group didn't jump in because of shock, because it would have created a bigger melee and because they realized they didn't really know Morgan at all. Scared? I'd say yeah. They had no idea what was going on until Richard was dead and Morgan explained himself but the looks on their faces was WTF is this crazy guy doing?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1