Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morgan and Richard

Discussion in 'Episode 713 - Bury Me Here' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 12, 2017.

1. PalmettoG27

PalmettoG27 Member

The Kingdom group didn't jump no because of that little guy tense exchange Morgan, Richard and King Ezeckial right before the Saviors arrived. They Ezeckial knew Morgan had a reason and trust him... plus Morgan brought it up and Richard acted verybsuspevt when he did......

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Yes, he did tell Morgan about his daughter when he was telling him his backstory. The details were sketchy but he said she died after his wife passed, while they were on the run. I wondered if the backpack belonged to her too. No one seemed to open it to see what, if anything, it contained and I don't remember Richard mentioning her name.

3. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

Yes! This! I was about to say something similar, but you nailed it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah it was his daughters. When Richard was in his little hideaway trailer, you can see the same backpack hanging on the door.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NotoriousV

NotoriousV New Member

Don't think the theory that Richard asked Morgan to kill him is accurate. As far as I recall the scene (having seen it once) he attempted to fight back and scratched Morgan. Of course that could have been to make it look realistic to the Saviours but Morgan asking Richard if he had confessed didn't seem staged. Plus the shot of Morgan looking at the blood left behind from earlier it appears he made his decision in that moment. Certainly Morgan probably considered it beforehand but the failure to immediately confess and the blood most likely swung things that way.

Now I did find it strange that nobody from the Kingdom's side tried to pull Morgan off. Then again the show has had contrived situations before. As for Ezekiel believing Morgan right away that was more believable as after the initial shock he probably did put two and two together very quickly.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

You called it right off. Shock. People will not really go all action hero in a real life situation such as this. You tube is littered with examples for you to peruse: in a crisis, people tend to freeze and observe as opposed to intervening... Even when your own mind questions why no one is doing anything, you don't even realize that you are not either. It is easy to observe something and Captain Hindsight your way into what could have been done, but not so much in the moment, when people start screaming at each other/fighting/pulling a weapon/ect, unless you are directly involved.

By the time people could process what was going on, Morgan was nearly done crushing Richards windpipe, and then there was the uncertainty of all the factors at play. By the time everyone had collected themselves it was all over but the explanations. In reality this is exactly what would have happened, assuming no one had a personal stake in the fight. Its all the same as the world we live in now, just with zombies. :p

7. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

That is an important assumption. In reality, when one sees a total stranger being strangled by another stranger, one might choose to do nothing or just frozen up. But if the person being choked is your friend or a family member, no one would stand frozen.

So, the basic question is:- is Richard not a well-liked member of the Kingdom? Or more accurately, does he have bad relationship with those Kingdom members who were standing there?

• Like Like x 2
  8. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

OOooh! (Not meaning to change the subject, but) Now that Richard is dead, will Daryl go get those guns (that Richard had at the trailer) and give them to Rick? Or if not, I guess, they will certainly be used in the fight somehow.

9. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

That is a pretty good question, and going off of what we have been shown, Richard was very much a loner that did not make a lot of attachments. He did hold a position of power among the fighters, but I could not identify a single 'friend'. He hides in his shack and broods, and even Jesus stated he never smiles. I would label him in the same vein as the guy that stabbed Gregory. And only a couple of people that were with him and knew why he did that helped him.

10. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Uh, because Ezekiel counted the melons before they left and not one was missing. It explained perfectly what happened. Ezekiel knew how bad Richard wanted to fight the saviors, so blockading the road also fit in perfectly into the story.

11. purriwinkle

Since Richard was a Citizen of the Kingdom, I think those guns now belong to Ezekial. Daryl's at the Hilltop, and Rick can find his own guns. If the Kingdom is going to join the fight they need the arms, especially in view of the fact that they had to relinquish some of their handguns at the cantaloupe drop.

I just thought, does anyone at the Kingdom know about the trailer? Richard was a pretty secretive guy.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Reflexx

Reflexx Member

But he's known and trusted Richard for years. He barely knows Morgan.

For all he knows, Morgan could have been up to something, and Richard found out. Then Morgan killed Richard before he could tell Ezekiel. Then make up a convenient story to try to explain suddenly going completely wacko and murdering an ally.

13. GrrArrg

GrrArrg Member

Tonight Morgan proved himself to be the worst ever character in he shows history. I really hope they off him in the series finale.

14. Cartman

Cartman New Member

Agreed! And it's not like Richard was even given a chance to explain himself/defend himself, Morgan had already beaten him to death. I guess "shoot first ask questions later" is a-ok when it comes to the kingdom of Ezekiel. I guess Morgan can murder anyone he wants now, and then provide an explanation for it afterward. Because Ezekiel is good with it. lol

15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

So wait, the worst character in the show's history deserves a series finale death, which is normally reserved for best characters in tv show's histories?

16. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I bet no. This was his hidey hole, hidden by overgrowth and the entrance blocked by a sign. You would have to be lucky or know where it was to find it, unless he left the trail to it that was supposed to lead the saviors to it then carol.

17. GrrArrg

GrrArrg Member

I doubt any main characters will be killed off before the season finale but if anyone goes it has to be hypocrite Morgan.

Sadly I think it will be Carol departing the show. She'll sacrifice herself to save someone before going down (in slow motion for effect), whilst the others look on in horror. It will be a meaningful death for the best character on the show. I just really, really hope it's Morgan instead.

Killing Richard was the last straw.

18. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

This is why I said "will Daryl go get the guns?". Seemed to me like Richard had kept this place a secret. Daryl may be the only other person who knows about it/the guns. Might be interesting!

• Like Like x 1
  19. purriwinkle

Refresh my memory. I know Richard gave Daryl a new crossbow and then took him out to a spot where he wanted Daryl to help him take out a Savior pick up vehicle. That's where he explained his plot to frame Carol for it, but did he ever actually bring Daryl to his trailer?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

He only mentioned that he left an obvious trail to follow that would then lead to carols house. But since this is exactly how Daryl likely went straight to her door, I believe he did follow this trail to get there... Gotta love Daryl's tracking skills. Odd how no one in the comics has had that same particular skill.

• Like Like x 1