Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morgan in Triggerfinger?

Discussion in 'Episode 209 - Triggerfinger' started by Nestler, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Nestler

Nestler Member

I see a lot of you thought that the gunman, shooting at glenn in the preview looks like morgan.

[​IMG]

I also thought it could be morgan, but then I saw this picture from triggerfinger:

What do you think?

2. loud2004marquis

Rick was the only one who met Morgan and knew what he looked like.

Maybe someone else could've shot him?...IF it is Morgan, that is.

3. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

I think anyone can be "killed off quickly" in this show! Maybe Glenn or Hershel did shoot him but he isn't dead and he is on the ground with the walkers coming towards him. Rick kills the three walkers before they get to him. Just because he is on the ground dosen't mean he is dead (think Daryl Chupacabra.) IF it is even Morgan.

4. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

I guess no Morgan, but I am waiting for them to catch up with the survivors group again.

5. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

If they follow the comics

6. Daryl Dixon

Daryl Dixon Member

You're spoilers haven't been close so far, so I'm not going to follow them. And the TV series isn't really following the comics.

7. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

How so? I think the series is following the comic storyline in a great way. There are little deviations here and there to give the show it's own experience, but it's essentially following along nicely with the basic plot points of the comics, imo.

8. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Yes but anything mentioned in the comic strips still has to be put with spoiler tags in case they do wind up following the comics to some degree. And if they do follow it...

As for the bandit, why on earth would anyone think that that was Morgan?? Morgan was not the type of person to be playing house with Bandits in the first place. Plus the guy that got eaten looked like a younger man than Morgan is. You really think they are just going to pass that guy off as Morgan just because you all think he resembles him, and say nothing about it either way? Believe what you want I guess, but I don't buy that for a minute.

9. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

The initial suspicion that the man was Morgan started a long time ago. Long before we knew ANYTHING of "Nebraska" or "Triggerfinger". Someone noticed in the trailer for the second half of season two that there was a black man wearing similar clothing to Morgan's(same picture as above). Without any knowledge of the plot and the VERY similar clothing, it seemed like a substantial prediction at the time. Now we all know it wasn't him.

Notice the similarities in clothing:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

I don't believe that's Morgan. I don't know what would they be doing with thugs like Dave. And where's Duane if that is Morgan?

11. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

It seems to me there are still people thinking that or questioning it. The clothes are basic enough that it's no shocker really to see some one else wearing drab normal clothes.

12. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Acorrding to the Talking dead last night, that dudes name was Sean.

13. boutte

boutte Active Member

But Zambi you're operating on the assumption that these people are bandits. You're judging the whole group by the two in the bar. imagine if it were Merle and Shane who had walked in on some group. Those people could have very easily have drawn some pretty negative impressions of the rest of the group they were from if those two were the only ones you met.

And no it wasn't Morgan, but he I could see him joining up with the first group that looked like it could offer a better chance of survival for his son and himself.

14. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

The apple normally doesn't fall far from the tree and yes people are judged by the company that they keep.
    Shane nor Merle would have been busy trying to use high pressure salesman tactics to get answers about the whereabouts of another group, nor would they have gone for their guns if the other group refused to reveal their location. They would have been weary of them, unlike Tony and Dave. Why did they need to know where the other group was? Why did they go for their guns when it wasn't revealed? They were functioning on behalf of their group.

So far I have more reason to suspect it is a group of bandits than I do to suspect they are a group of kindred people out there looking for a home. We shall see.

15. Daryl Dixon

Daryl Dixon Member

It does look an awful lot like him, clothing-wise.

16. akurei00

akurei00 Member

Well, they may be a group of bandits, but what exactly is our definition of bandits? I mean, it's not like they're running into a ton of living people out there to rob. They're likely a group who loots everything they can find to survive that's just like Rick's with a few members (maybe most) with lax loyalty or consideration for other groups like Shane...
    They may just think it's safer on the road. I just believe that in this post apocalyptic world it's hard to draw such cut and dry conclusions about people and groups. To one group it's doing what they have to to survive and to another they're bandits. Two separate groups could share the same negative opinion of one another but feel justified in their own actions.

Maybe Tony and Dave saw a group of people that likely had loads of supplies and didn't want to share while their supplies were dwindling. Hunger can definitely affect your disposition. I think Shane would've acted similarly if he thought he could take his opponents. He's very brash and to state that he wouldn't resort to gun violence is just crazy.

They obviously didn't know Rick was such a badass or they would've never considered starting shit with him. lol

17. C-Tac

C-Tac Member

First of all it was obviously not Morgan. They wouldn't have just brushed over that and fed him to the walkers.

Secondly, who has time to get to know other groups. I see many of the posts on this thread trying to rationally think about the others in the opposing group. No time for that now. The first impression is always the most important. You start out by shooting at me or pulling a gun on me I don't care if the rest of your group is made up of Care Bears, you have blown your chance at being friendly. Agree to walk away peacefully if you can but you are not my friend. As we have noticed some people out there prefer to be deceptive and manipulative to get what they want. In some cases you don't have to look too far from your own group.

18. Mage505

Mage505 Member

It was Sean.

19. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

I don't think it was Morgan simply because the group he was with reffered to the zombies as Roamers and I think morgan called them Walkers when he spoke to Rick. The group that was with the guy who had his face eaten seemed surprised by the term Walkers, its a small point but that and the fact that there was no focus of Rick somehow seeing for himself, why not focus a bit on the momment if it was Morgan it would have made a big impact on Rick.

20. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm not sure why people are still going with the whole "Morgan" thing. That was speculation BEFORE the new episode aired. Nobody is thinking it's Morgan at this point.

Notice that the original post is before the episode that reveals who the character truly is....