Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morgan Jones

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by Sharpie61, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Dead man walking

Whoa, absolutely disagree with that. Risk the group for revenge? It was more about saving the group from what just happened (and to bob). If he'd killed the terminus people there and then when Carol turned up Bob would still be alive and the whole group still together. It wasn't about revenge but knowing that if the terminus people were left alive they still would pose a serious threat to the group, no matter how much you run they could always be over your shoulder. Which is what happened. Rick was right to want to kill them - the only way to be safe. If all you want to do is run and escape, then you wouldn't get far. Some lunatics will just never give up as we have seen so far with all the nutters. How many have just 'gone away'?

2. dussymob

dussymob Member

I'm starting to think Noah may be his nephew.

3. nomaveck

nomaveck Member

I agree with the bolded part. But Bob was dead either way. Him dying had nothing to do with the Terminus people.

4. The Samurai

The Samurai Member

I'm not hating on Morgan, but can someone explain to me his popularity? For someone who's only been in 3 episodes so far (1 being a small cameo), he sure is greatly liked. I'm just curious what it is about him you guys like? Is it because he saved Rick that he's so popular?

#24 The Samurai, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  5. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

I think his popularity has more to do with his acting skills and great performances so far. But yeah, it's only been a few scenes he's been in and he sure did make an impact on a lot of folks around here.

6. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Yeah I think he's just an awesome actor. He brings depth and emotion on the same level as Andrew Lincoln does with Rick.

I also think it's that mirroring of Ricks character and story - that draws you in, too. Seeing how things COULD have gone for Rick. Losing his wife, and son, and being a bit loony and alone. etc. I also think since he was from the pilot episode, and it was a strong episode and opener, you're always going to identify with those first few characters you're introduced to.

7. CheesyBirdMess

8. CheesyBirdMess

9. cowboy's person

"I am the constant."

I prefer his original speech but this version is pretty awesome, too. I can't wait until Morgan comes back and they give him some lines to speak.

http://youtu.be/9tVy0J50c6A

10. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I know this is a year old, but this post literally makes no sense to me. It's like it is written in a foreign language. lol

(No offense to the poster but his opinion is so far from my own that I can't even wrap my head around this).

11. cowboy's person

I think the Morgan doubters are just taken aback by the degree of fandom for a character who's only had a handful of appearances. For me, it's all about the quality, not the quantity. I've found his appearances in 'Clear' and the pilot to be quite powerful. LJ has a rather Shakespearian quality to his acting and I'd love to see him do a 'King Lear.'

12. CoyoteTWD

I can see that but the poster that I quoted actually doubted his acting ability. I think that's what threw me the most! lol

That and "Clear" being an overrated episode. It's my favorite episode in the whole series!

13. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Morgan's had more of an impact on me in 2 major appearances than some characters have over several seasons.

14. cowboy's person

Oh me too; it's one of my faves as well. The walker traps were awesome and makes me wonder why they didn't use similar devices at the prison. We finally got to see Michonne humanized. The bleakness of the hitchhiker situation. The tragedy of Duane. And just the idea of Rick going back to his hometown. Epic episode. It's hard for me to understand anyone not liking it.

15. Eternal

Eternal Member

I am so excited to see Morgan make his appearance again! I was psyched when I saw him take off that mask, like WHAAAAAT? Then I cheered. Omg, but how is he going to meet with Rick again while they are in Washington?! Unless, he followed them somehow...not sure how that could've happened. I'm just so curious as to where they are taking this storyline with him. I thought we'd seen the last of him in Clear, which would have been so sad, but we haven't and for that, he needs to have a beastly comeback.

16. Melo

Melo Active Member

well, guess who's back with some amazing scenes?

17. Trioxin 245

Trioxin 245 New Member

I love how the entire survivor group shrink into the shadows compared to Morgan, he has achieved just as much on his own than they did together...It says a lot for being lone wolf (no pun) as apposed to running with the pack...

Also worth noting that yet again it shows the best actors are British...Rick and Morgan carry this show with their scenes.

18. Charmander

Charmander Member

Well I doubt that Morgan has had to deal with as many evil groups or leaders as they have. :p

Agree that Andrew and Lennie are two of the best actors.

#38 Charmander, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  19. CoyoteTWD

I think Lennie James is probably the best actor on the entire show. However I'd argue that Melissa McBride is just as good as Andrew Lincoln and she ain't British! :p

20. Eternal

Eternal Member

I also think Danai Gurira is a good actress as well. That being said, Morgan is back WOOOOOH!!!!! He was so badass this episode, and I cheered when he showed Daryl the map about Rick Grimes coming to Washington. Then when he is all "all lives are precious, that's why I saved you" only to see Rick in time for him to witness the guy putting a bullet to someones head? This gon be gud.