Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morgan Jones

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by Sharpie61, Jan 21, 2014.

1. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Morgan and Rick. Intriguing to see the contrast of these two characters alignment after each have survived this long in the ZA. One is on a pious mission to exist in this world and the other will burn through the ZA with all the conviction of blind justice. Rick Grimes is a complex and quite incomplete man. Morgan's state of grace will be the influence on Rick to make him a righteous man ...if only for a brief moment, until the full weight of the ZA comes crashing down on our lil group again:hatchet:

#41 firstfooter, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  2. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

Is Morgan Jesus?

3. Trioxin 245

Trioxin 245 New Member

Don't get me wrong, Melissa McBride is a good actress...but Carols part in the show splits opinion, whereas the appearance of Morgan at the start of the season finale gave an instant uplift...it was something new, exciting and brilliant. Not only is he a good character, but it works because of the skill in the acting. He is barely in the show, yet we pine for his return to give the show the boost of originality it needs... And you just know the British are the best actors out there. Its time to admit it, you owe them for 99% of all the best shows and films made in recent history.

4. Lady Nightshade

Lady Nightshade Well-Known Member

I'll admit it! England not only produces the best actors, shows, films, annnd music but it also turns out some of the sexiest people out there. (yourself included ;)

5. Trioxin 245

Trioxin 245 New Member

Lady Nightshade... you are obviously a lady of of good taste and judgement...you are welcome to come over here anytime for a personal tour, to prove just how right you are... We can curl up together and see out apocalypse Z...failing that, we can always go out for a bite to eat..
    Why are there no zombie couples? hmmmm

6. Lady Nightshade

Lady Nightshade Well-Known Member

Would love to have your "personal tour" ;) Sounds good to me.

There should be Zombie couples.

7. adfnio

adfnio New Member

Glad to see morgan back in the fold again. I thought he played powerful scenes the last time rick met up with him. Now it appears he is all zen like and wants to preserve peace. Weird what has happened to him? We'll see in a few months i guess.

8. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

He was on the first few episodes and I thought he had a powerful roles that everyone in the world was introduced to. When he and Rick parted ways I was wondering when he was going to come back based on the radios that they had. Now we know. He is back and in the group.

9. GrizzlyBear

GrizzlyBear Member

Watching TWD sunday marathon episode 1
    Just noticed when Morgan and Rick r talking on bench after shower
    Morgan appears to have Jimmy Hendrix tattooed on his arm

10. Robert Kirkman

I've been a fan of Lennie James since he was on Jericho, so much so that when my mom campaigned to save the show and she told him I was a BIG fan he rewarded me by sending me a special message over the radio during an interview (said my name and everything... yes I like to gloat) so I completely get why people say he's an amazing actor, because he is.

When I first watched the show, I missed the first season (technically started with S2) but then when I rewatched the show over the dead white and blue marathon I was like holy shit, its' lennie! And I was instantly drawn to his character. Now Morgan is all I want from the show, I've been waiting so long for his return.

S5E16 spoilers ahead;

So yeah, I'm itchin' for more Morgan Jones this next season.

11. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

I'm nervous and excited for Morgans insertion into the group, his feelings of 'all life is precious' gives me concerns as he didn't exactly come to see Rick at his best.

He will probably be the one to reel Rick in from the brink of whatever it is that he's on, I certainly hope he's not added in as a sidekick, surely after finding his way to Alexandria alone, he's proven way too strong of a character to then put in someone's pocket.

Gooooo Morgan

12. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Part of this I would take issue with is Jon Bernthal as Shane -- a phenomenal actor American, but he trained at the Moscow Theatre of Arts.

I don't know here Michael Rooker trained -- I think but am not sure he is an American. He was marvelous, simply marvelous, as Merle.

13. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

Morgan and Rick's relationship takes both characters up a notch. Morgan takes Rick back to before all Rick's transformations. Plus Rick has seen Morgan go full circle now back more like the first episode than the Clear episode. A lot of under currents there.

I'm anxious to hear Morgan's story since the last time they saw each other.

14. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

15. wickedcitywoman

wickedcitywoman New Member

I've not been liking Morgan since his return in season 6. I feel he puts our group in danger. His "all life is precious" fake zen (Daryl is Zen) is going to get good people killed. I'm looking forward to his flash back story in a couple of weeks--hoping it can redeem him for me now. I don't trust him. In fact, in last week's episode, Father Gabriel proved himself more useful and promising than good old Morgan. He's got a history of being weak--couldn't put his wife down or join Rick early on...even though it could have saved his son.

16. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Not sure how I feel about next week's episode if it's going to be 90 minutes of Morgan and only Morgan. (Other figures we have no investment in, who put him on this path of peaceful righteousness, don't count.)

17. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Morgan is like Neville Chamberlain in WW2. Fortunately for that real life era, Chamberlains view did not prevail. I agree with Morgan that-- at SOME POINT -- the killing needs to stop and reconstruction needs to begin. But all life cannot be precious if all the "good" people are dead because they would not defend themselves adequately, got kille and therefore let evil people prevail.

It's a good story because it's the never-ending question of "kill or be killed" and how can anyone ever bring peace if they are killed by bad people? And how is peace served by letting bad people live? It's the same question faced in every war, right up to the immediate times we live in.

For me, there's a time to live, a time to die, a time to make war and a time for peace. This isn't the time for peace -- Morgan needs to find a monastery and chill out until its over (because any community of pacifists is just going to be dead the first time they face a Governor or Gareth or the Wolves. When the bad people are more or less outnumbered by the good people, Morgan could become a very effective peacemaker. But now -- but for Carol and Aaron, despite Morgan's contribution, the bad, crazy people would have killed everyone in Alexandria, decreasing the prospects of future peace.

And, p.s. - what the heck was up with all the weapons in Alexandria still being locked up? Moronic.

18. PMC

PMC New Member

Well I have this feeling that Morgan is indeed crazy... of course the Cheesemaker kind of changed his perspective but in a pretty radical way. This means that he has yet to find his balance and I'm more worried about him becoming that mad man again as his demons could return at any given time if being triggered.

19. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I can appreciate Morgan's journey. I can appreciate why he clings so tightly to his "All life is precious" mantra: he now wants to live, and to do so meaningfully and with a minimum of the bat-shit crazy.

That said--right now I hate him. He's going to wake up and find that the Wolf--whom he ostensibly had so securely tied up--has escaped, taken someone, and quite possibly gotten her killed. And the person he took wouldn't have even been there if Morgan hadn't asked her to come help.

If he wants to hold to his mantra, he needs to go. Live and die according to that belief, without getting other people killed.

20. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

At the same time, Carol was wrong in threatening to kill him just to kill the wolf. She is far too bloodthirsty now, and if she keeps it up around Negan, she is a dead woman. I can see her dying simply from trying to kill Negan due to her underestimating him.
    So, (and I know many won't agree) I sided with Morgan. Yes he did keep him alive, but when she threatened him, I wanted Morgan to beat the shit out of her. She like Rick is arrogant, and needs to be taken down a peg. AND I SWEAR, if she kills Morgan, I will be the first to want her dead.