Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morgan logic corrected.

Discussion in 'Episode 615 - East' started by Ionut, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

"I harbored that Wolf, he took Denise hostage and got bit by a walker and then saved Denise, who then saved Carl - anybody can change there's always a chance, all life is precious"

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Anybody buying that?

Correction:

"The Wolves I allowed to live both directly and indirectly caused the mayhem which resulted in the numerous deaths in the community and resulted in Carl's eye being blown out. The Wolf leader I kept confined against everyone's knowledge took your only medic hostage with the intention of escaping Alexandria with her so she could patch up his infection, but instead Denise's total lack of survival skills meant he had to jump in and save her from some walkers but ended up getting himself bit. Against certain death and his only chance of survival he then agreed to accompany Denise to the infirmary but got shot by Carol and fell down on some walkers and shouted to her to "go". Denise then patched up Carl, who was wounded due to the situations that I had a major hand in causing, don't forget that these situations also killed off Deanna, Jessie and others. All life is precious baby!"

Stupidity.

Come on Morgan apologists, give me your best.

2. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I would just add one small thing , that Morgan brought Denise to the location where the wolf was being held allowing him the opportunity to take her hostage.

3. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Morgan is super flawed but they have made him more human than anything else now. Rick? Kill anything, Saviours? Hi we are your local mass psycho neighbours who all follow a shitty Warlord out of a shitty old factory and all we do with our life is bullying people, killing people and steal shit. Morgan is flawed, caused the Wolves ruckus but he is still much more human and probably saved an Alliance with The Kingdom at that very moment he stopped Rick from going Dirty Harry.

4. AAG331

AAG331 Member

But he is right when he said "it's all a circle", though. And regardless of everything that happened, Owen the Wolf DID end up indirectly saving Carl's life. Because if Denise never had left with the Wolf, i'm pretty sure she would have never left that building, and would have no idea that Carl was shot.

#4 AAG331, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  5. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

He's right and he's wrong.

Yes. His actions have almost certainly caused more harm than good.

Allowing the wolves to live after their first encounter with him eventually lead to their finding Alexandria, which also lead to the herd diversion not working. So, yes, all the deaths from those two events are indirectly his fault.

However, he is correct about Denise and the final wolf. The wolf changed. He saved Denise's life. But also, in forcing her to walk through the herd, he also helped give her the courage which she would later need to operate on Carl.

So, while it has an extremely low hit rate, sometimes his plan of giving people a second chance works.

That being said, I really hope he wakes the f*ck up soon.

6. AAG331

AAG331 Member

There was no way Morgan could of known that the Wolves were a bigger group than two.

7. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Morgan Lied to to make his point. The wolf only tried to save her after he was bit and knew he was dead.

#7 mtito914, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  8. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

I thought the Big Bad Wolf had a clear path up the ladder but turned to save Denise and then got bit. I could be wrong. But, did he save Denise to be a good guy or because he needed her? Before that, he told Denise he intended to change her -- although whether that was into a human wolf like himself or one of his zombie wolves wasn't clear.

I don't think Morgan lied -- I think he sees things through his skewed philosophy. His story seems to be headed toward him having to make a choice -- kill to defend his own life or kill to save the life of somebody who matters to him (-- Rick, maybe?)

9. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I think Morgan believes what he said b/c he's so tied to his "all life is precious" that he can't not believe it. I wonder what he'd have to say if Denise had been killed? "Yeah, Rick, sorry about letting the wolf live and bringing the town's only doctor to help him and tying him up so poorly that he escaped and took the doctor out into the carnage and got her killed. But you have to remember that all life is precious." [MENTION=70102]AAG331[/MENTION], I get your point but if Morgan hadn't asked Denise to help, she would have stayed in the infirmary, not the brownstone.

10. shhh its me

shhh its me Member

But there was a good chance she would have been in the infirmary anyway she did have other people she was treating at the time, at least she would have never been in that particular building(the one she was held in) if not for Morgan and the Wolf. There is a slight case that she would not have been brave enough to try to save Carl if not for the mad dash with the Wolf but that's a coincidence not a causation.

11. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

That is totally irrelevant. The fact that he let 2 guys live that were attacking any survivor they came across led to several deaths in Alexandria. Thanks to "Ionut" for the original post in this thread. He/She nailed it.

12. Captain Sisko

Captain Sisko Member

Foolish Aaron is walking around with a road map and complete pictorial layout of alexandria in his backback which lead the wolves directly to their camp. THe wolves had absolutely no idea morgan was staying there. Morgan has absolutely nothing to do with them attacking alexandria.

13. Captain Sisko

Captain Sisko Member

Eastman should of killed Morgan on sight for shooting at him. If you like Eastman and dislike morgan you are crazy.

14. Captain Sisko

Captain Sisko Member

Denise could of been anywhere besides the infirmry when the tower came crashing down in alexandria, her home is not in the infirmary. Foolish carol taking matters into her own hands is what caused the wolf to get the upper hand. She interferes with herschel and Dr. S and killed Karen and david and gets herself banished in season 3. Now she interferes with morgan giving the wolf a chance to get a weapon before his rehab is complete

15. Patriot54

Patriot54 New Member

Eastman's all life is precious philosophy brought Morgan back from his clearing phase. I won't say he's absolutely right but he's the balance that the group needs. Notice Rick's reaction when Morgan explained about capturing the wolf. Seemed like he was seeing Morgan's point of view a little (at least until he talked to Abraham at the end).

16. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

He really didn't make it seem like he could have been the one at fault for the whole attack in the first place. I can see how he believes that the wolf may have changed at the last minute, but that might have just been happenstance and not his doing. Yes, the situation allowed Denise to save Carl, but he put way too many people at risk.

17. AAG331

AAG331 Member

That is totally relevant. Morgan had 0 knowledge of Alexandria at that time. If anything, Morgan and Aaron both played an indirect part in it, seeing as Morgan left them alive and Aaron dropped his backpack.

18. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

@Captain Sisko: Denise could have been somewhere other than the infirmary, true, but she almost certainly wouldn't have been in the brownstone where the wolf was (poorly) tied up. Carol didn't let the wolf get the upper hand; he had worked free of his bonds. I'm not saying Morgan is dead wrong all the time; I'm just sick of his self-justifying narrative of "my decision helped save Carl's life" and Rick being willing to buy it. The writers wanted to show us Morgan's philosophy backfiring, and now they want to show us Morgan's philosophy saving lives, both around the same decision. I'd actually have liked the scene had Morgan told Rick what he did and his own fear that he might have gotten Denise killed. For me, the conversation is about how you balance your own philosophy with the paramount safety of the group--because that is indeed a moral quandary. What I'm not OK with is this sudden revision.

19. QOTWD

QOTWD Member

Morgans full of it. Denise wouldve been safe inside. She wouldnt need saving if the wolf didnt force her outside.

Morgan/writers should be smart enough to know everyone would see the dumb logic behind his story.

And this whole lie will help turn Rick soft enough to use Morgans cell.

Turrrible!

20. BlackLightning

Denise's experience with the Alpha Wolf is what allowed her to be brave enough to operate on Carl's face and save his life.