Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morgan logic corrected.

Discussion in 'Episode 615 - East' started by Ionut, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Exactly! Before he stated "it all comes back around" and basically took credit for saving Carl's life, i understood Morgan's philosophy (even if i was frustrated with him at some points). His statement about it all circling back around was just so ridiculous in my opinion.

2. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

I'm looking forward to seeing how this thing with Morgan searching for Carol plays out. It's a great little set up in terms of those two having a serious talk now that they have a better grasp on where each other is coming from.
    I'm hoping that we end up with more balanced characters on both sides.
    Hey I'd rather have Carol the ruthless killer, but if I had to choose between the current PTSD Carol and a more rounded, at peace with the way the world is, and still able to do what's needed Carol, I'd take the later.

3. QOTWD

QOTWD Member

So much of this. /thread.

Dont piss on me and tell me its raining.

4. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I think Morgan's logic is clearly flawed. I think Rick sees the flaw in his logic but I think Rick realized #1 it's no changing Morgan's mind and #2 he doesn't want to argue with someone who just simply doesn't want to kill. Also I think seeing Carol this distraught over having to kill hits closer to home for Rick that if his main hit man is going through the motions over killing that it's got to be understandable.

5. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Co-signed.

Morgan apologists as per usual have failed in the area's of common sense and perception.

6. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

Yeah, that whole bit of circular logic failed horrible.

Sure, the Wolf saved Denise and Denise saved Carl. Denise wouldn't have even been out on the streets OR in the jail cell if the Wolf hadn't been there. She likely would have just been at the clinic the entire time. Morgan let the Wolves live when he saw them on the road. Those same Wolves found Aaron's pack with info about Alexandria. Those Wolves, who were only alive because Morgan left them alive, then used this information to go to Alexandria where they compromised the wall, led a herd of THOUSANDS of walkers to their walls, which in turn failed. Morgan had a Wolf captive and brought Denise to him to treat him, where she was then taken hostage.

Yeah, your "all life is precious" philosophy is the EXACT thing that brought a world of shit down upon Alexandria. It's not what saved Carl.

7. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

Anytime you play the "if" game or rewrite history it's to reaffirm our preconceived notions. Morgan does it to justify his own belief system. And those who dislike Morgan to it to discredit him.

8. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

I didn't mention in the OP the fact that he put Denise in the Wolf's reach to begin with, even though it's yet another point that wrecks his retarded theories, because I found that note irrelevant to the fact that the herd reached ASZ because of him.

- He permits a set of maniacs who tell him they'll kill him and take everything he's got and that they raid others and do the same to live, aside from enabling them to continue to kill others these are the same maniacs that end up assaulting Alexandria and creating the herd diversion.

^ First strike we can give him a pass, but now it's time to recognize your flaw and grow. "All Life Is Precious" brought you back - fair! But now grow into "Most Life Is Precious". Nope...

- Upon recognizing blonde wolf and being taunted by blonde wolf, he fights and easily defeats them. What do you do? Allow them to flee out into the open to go harm more people and do more damage, such as killing innocents and hacking their bodies up. These guys try to kill Rick in the RV, disable the RV and disable the last chance to divert most of the herd away from ASZ - the cause of all of these issue's regardless of Denise.

Strike 2. You're almost out of there. You have no logical say in anything.

- Finding the original Wolf in the building you knock him out, get taunted some more and take him captive secretly against the trust of the entire group, who's current trials and tribulations you recognize yourself that you had a major hand in causing.

Strike 3. You deserve execution. Done, done, done.

Now, going back to the original post, let's try to rationalize it in a circle....

Hahahaha.

OMG. So bad.

9. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

I think that's what the writers were trying to show. Morgan's logic is flawed. Or, at least completely incompatible with the ZA world. But Rick is failing to realize that his own logic is flawed. And I think Carol's mid-ZA breakdown is the way the writers are going to get Rick to realize there is a better middle-ground between him and Morgan.

10. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Exactly. Eventually Rick's gonna meet in the middle between Carol and Morgan's philosophy's.

11. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Have to disagree. You are correct that Morgan didn't know about Alexandria, but his actions of letting the 2 wolves live, led to them finding red poncho guy, taking him to the truck yard and then finding Aaron's backpack and the information about the town.

12. AAG331

AAG331 Member

So it's indirectly his fault, but still not really. If anything Aaron played a part in them being found by the Wolves.

But it's not like Morgan could see it to the future, so I still don't fault him for it.

#72 AAG331, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  13. Terminator

Yes, Aaron did lose the backpack, so it led the Wolves to Alexandria. However it could have been another survivor looking for a sanctuary that found it, but it happened to be the Wolves who were left alive by Morgan. My point is that in a ZA if someone tries to kill you, you have to take them out. This "all life is precious" crap can only safely go so far. IMO

14. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

The trap at the truckyard must have taken a lot more than 2 people to put together. It wasn't just some random location. Other Wolves would have found the backpack and tracked Aaron and Daryl back to the ASZ.

For that matter, iirc we don't actually see which of the Wolves finds the backpack.

15. Terminator

The only reason he saved Denise at the tower was because he wanted to take her with him. I expect that was to try to get her to help with that wound in his side.

16. AAG331

AAG331 Member

She had already treated his wound before then.

17. Terminator

Don't recall seeing that sequence of events. Which episode and how far in can this be proven?

18. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

Morgan's on the scene, in case you didn't know it. You all were harping for him to return in 2011/2012/2013. You got wood when he appeared in "Clear" Now he is here with a different attitude and you cry...all...day...long.

19. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Yeah, well... we weren't expecting him to turn into an AssHole.

20. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Don't you remember her beginning to treat Owen's wound after their initial conversation?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#80 AAG331, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016