Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morgan too merciful?

Discussion in 'Episode 516 - Conquer' started by kennyisalive94, Apr 16, 2015.

1. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

I'm worried kinda that Morgan might be too nice when he spared the wolves' lives. Rick's actions usually tend to be right, in the moment. The thing is that IMO...there is a time and a place in this apocalypse when there's a reason to spare murderers. Locking them up, being safe, having a carefully organized group of people that you can trust, enough food and others items. Rick killing Pete, especially after Deanna told him to, made sense. But Morgan looks like he doesn't want to kill anyone, and has Tyreesyndrom. Just kill the wolves next season, Morgan! I think we all know his letting those men live will have negative consequences as soon as the first episode.

2. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Well, I think we'd all agree that letting them live was a bad idea, yes. That being said, he might have his reasons. For example, Rick had him dead to rights numerous times in Clear. Maybe he's still just passing it on.

3. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Morgan will regret letting those bastards live.

4. Watching Dead

Watching Dead Member

there was a time when rick was that merciful but what changed him was that it wasn't his own saftey he was risking it was the saftey of those he cared about. Morgan seems like a loner and one that can handle himself very well even against multiple assailants. Morgan might not yet have learned that letting baddies live might not be a threat to you but it is a threat to those around you. Rick knows that and they would have been toast.

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think that is probably part of Morgan's reasoning, but I feel he is still quite misguided. Rick let Morgan live when he was just a paranoid hermit who made people drop their guns and leave when they intruded on his space, and tried to stab someone after they knocked him out and entered his apartment. The wolves, on the other hand, admitted that they actively seek out people to mass murder and serial kill them. I imagine Morgan will stick to his ways until the Wolves show up at the gates.

6. Magician22773

Magician22773 New Member

7. CoyoteTWD

On a total side note, whenever I see the word "merciful" all I can think of is this:

[​IMG]

8. the walking jet

no good deed goes unpunished??

9. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

The 2 guys that Morgan let live, were they the same 2 guys that captured Red Poncho Guy?

10. CoyoteTWD

Especially in the ZA.

11. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Yep, those were the ones. So in essence, Morgan killed red poncho guy by inaction. May as well have slit his throat himself, and would not have changed his finding Daryl and Aaron in the trap. No down-side, unless red poncho (Little red Riding Hood caught by the big bad wolves :p )Guy was going to be worse than hitler.

12. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWench New Member

But your avatar is Batman??? He's much like how they portrayed Morgan. Regardless of how many times he SHOULD have murdered Joker & how many lives he could have saved by doing so he doesn't. Moral compass & all.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The Dead βeta

Actually those two were different.

14. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Daryl and Aaron would be walker chow, trailer walkers, or compost at this point if it weren't for "All Life Is Precious" Morgan.

Thankfully he met Eastman and changed if you're fans of those guys.