Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morgan's Act of Treason

Discussion in 'Episode 612 - Not Tomorrow Yet' started by Rick/Daryl, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Rick/Daryl

Rick/Daryl New Member

I have to say that Season 6 is my favorite so far. The reason I made this forum is to ask a question. When Rick made the decision to invade the outpost and he called it a group decision in the church then why did Morgan not realize the importance and necessity of a pre emptive act of defensive warfare in the form of a tactical strike on the base of the saviours? He looks like one of the smart ones in Alexandria but boy did his decision making skills fail on this one. The saviors already drew first blood when they captured Daryl Sasha and Abraham. What do you guys think about this? It could even be called treason from the way I see it.

2. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

Because Morgan is opposed to killing for any reason at all. That philosophy is what brought him back from insanity and saved his life. It's important to him.

I don't see it as treason. Rick said that if anyone objected, they should speak up. It was a group decision, but that doesn't mean that it needed to be 100% unanimous.

Morgan is one of my favorite characters on the show right now, but it's not for his good decision making ability. Damn near every real decision he's made since arriving in Alexandria has been the wrong decision. I suspect that Morgan isn't going to make it out of this season alive. If he does, I have a feeling that someone else is going to die as a result of one of his poor decisions.

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

treason would be if Morgan went to the Saviors and warned them of the coming attack beforehand. Disagreeing in a meeting when everyone in the group is asked for their opinion isn't treason.

4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

More than this the way he kept the Wolf capture and confinement secret is many times worse to me.

He put the group in direct danger and almost got a few of them killed with that and even now for some reason we can't know just yet this secret is being kept even without him going along with it anymore?

That seems more like treason to me.

All he did this time is not agree with the pre emptive first strike and he is in the minority there and it goes on despite his feelings so no no treason there?

5. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

In addition to his general no killing philosophy, I think he saw a pre-emptive strike as something very different from a defensive action. Yes, a group of Saviors cornered Daryl/Sasha/Abraham but, as many reviews have pointed out, this is the first time the group has attacked like this. Morgan doesn't like attacking, and he really doesn't like attacking first.

6. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Think back and realize Morgan attacked Carol first. He is not a pacifist. Carol was trying to kill the wolf and was going to leave Morgan alone. If anything Rick is just following Morgan's example (without knowing it), that to protect what you wanna protect you gotta go offense, like morgan did to Carol when Carol was going to kill the Wolf. Morgan is a hypocrite.

In this case the "wolf" is hilltop, and Carol is Negan's group. The analogy holds a lot of water. The only different is that Morgan wasn't going to kill Carol, but in terms of who INITIATED violence between Morgan and carol, it was Morgan that initiated the violence between them. CArol had zero intention of hurting Morgan, she just wanted to kill the Wolf. When morgan realized he couldn't use pretty words to talk her out of it, he realized he had to go on the offense to protect what he wanted to save. Sorry Morgan but by doing that you admitted that WORDS alone can't protect what you want protected.

A pacifist wouldn't fight/use violence even to protect someone. So Morgan isn't a pacifist. He's a hypocrite.

If you want a true pacifist, look at Ghandi. Even when those he loved wanted to protect were being hurt, he refused violence on anyone. Morgan SAYS to avoid violence but when it comes down to it he will use it if it aligns with his goals. I think morgan would be more likeable in this position if he refused to hit or hurt anyone at all.

#6 Spidey, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  7. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Morgan is only one more F*ck up away from feeling the Full Wrath of Rick F'ing Grimes !

8. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

[video=youtube;uq-v1TTUyhM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq-v1TTUyhM[/video]

9. AnnieOakley

Spidey, you tremendous machine.

[​IMG]

10. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Thank you.

The philosophy didn't bring him out of insanity. It simply transferred his insanity from a violent insanity to a peaceful insanity. And letting evil people go in their world does fit the actual definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Morgan himself was a different result, but a very rare one-- so much so that letting go evil people in the hope that they will change and become productive members of a post-apocalyptic society is about as good an idea as playing the lottery hoping to make money to buy groceries.

#10 HondaS2kXD, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  11. Ricktatorship80

Thanks for making this forum!!

12. Damaniel

Damaniel Member

I disagree. Remember the state Morgan was in before Eastman? He was utterly insane. He killed everyone he saw. I believe Morgan is scared - scared that the philosophy is the only thing keeping him from regressing back to being a monster. That's understandable to make the argument that his current philosophy is also insanity, but it is nowhere near as bad as it used to be when he tried to kill everything he saw.

Right now, he is so scared of venturing anywhere near the other extreme of killing everything that he is staying as far away from it as possible, which traps him in his current philosophy. I believe Morgan will eventually find a balance between these two extremes.

13. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

1. Morgan did not commit treason.
    2. My feeling is that Morgan serves as a metaphor. Remains to be seen whether his insanity or his ideals win.
    3. Rick and Maggie blew it on this mercenary plan. Price tag will be steep. Let's hope the pain teaches them not to abandon all principle in future.

14. AnnieOakley

[​IMG]

15. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

sorry but I don't know the film reference here. I take it you disagree with something I wrote?

16. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Get Smart

17. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

Morgan is a conscientious objector that doesn't make him a traitor. Anyway I still like Morgan. I think he'll save Carol and die a hero so to see him labeled a traitor is sad and ironic.