Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morgan's interaction/attempt to rehab Alpha wolf.

Discussion in 'Episode 604 - Here's Not Here' started by Ionut, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Why this subplot is important to the season and why it rules is because it shows how Morgan really has no mind of his own since losing his Wife and Son. Go back to Rick's blanket statements about how the Alexandrian's are people that shouldn't be alive anymore and you could apply that to crazy Morgan, only he's still alive because he does have excellent survival skills.

He's such a headcase though. Going through Eastman's mantra almost verbatim, except slightly more unhinged and doubting himself. Because he is a headcase, much more so than Eastman was in his loner cabin in the woods deal, do you think that having his Aikido deal proven wrong and inept will send him to the other extreme again?

Not "clear" per se again, doubt he'd go back to that, but some other negative dark frame of mind since he is unable to be balanced and is an "all or nothing" mindset.

I love the interaction with the Wolf and how it relates to that Crighton Dallas Wilton character that Eastman was discussing.

The Wolf lacks the Machiavellian abilities described by Eastman, but the Wolf has the psychopathy and total evil in the extreme. The Wolf is almost like an unrestrained evil child who also doesn't really have a mind of it's own and in brutal honesty just challenges Morgan and outright tells him that he cannot be redeemed or rehabbed in anyway and is just craving to get out so he can kill everybody in sight.

He's such a deranged nutter with that "W" on his head and child like demeanor hahaha. I love this character.

Morgan exiting the door seems very challenged by this and shows hints that he's going to become unhinged. He can see and read loud and clear that he is incorrect that all life is precious and that Wolf man is an incorrigible maniac that needs to be put down -- even taunts him for being stupid not to put him down, a throw back to Morgan's "kill me" to Eastman.

An extremist coping mechanism like pacifism during a ZA for someone suicidal like Morgan is a thing on thin ice.

What will be Rick's reaction knowing that Morgan is responsible for the Wolves, is holding their leader without telling anyone? Morgan is not only a dangerous liability, but is dishonest to his new group.

A massive horde descends upon the Walls to an Alexandria beat up from a battle with the Wolves, with Alpha Wolf tied up and ready to pounce, Morgan going headcase, Glenn as Walker food which will send Maggie to a new direction and Carol finally starting to crack from all of the weight on her.

Next 4 episodes shall be fantastic.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

It will be an extreme test for Morgan's philosophy if the Wolf escapes and starts killing more people inside while everyone else is battling for their lives against the walker horde. It will also be very interesting to see if Aaron and Daryl stand up for Morgan (since he saved them) when the showdown between Rick and Morgan eventually comes. I agree with you completely, one of the next episodes should be epic!

3. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

^^ Imagine if Morgan's character after the struggle from all of this gets exiled and then goes back to something like "clear".

It'd be such twisted writing but so amazing!

4. Swandog

Swandog New Member

Morgans inner peace quest is at the expense of his civilized friends and Rick won't be happy. He should get the bums rush like Carole got when she decided to "cure" the sick at the prison. Good intentions but very faulty judgement has it's consequences. Hopefully Morgan can redeem himself.

5. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

Yup, Morgan's inner piece deal has already got a bunch of people killed. He's not doing so well on the preserving precious lives front.

6. DGribble19

DGribble19 Member

When Eastman tried to rehabilitate a psycho (Morgan), he ended up dieing because of it. Morgan must be out of his mind to believe keeping the Wolf around is a good idea. I'm with Rick

7. yuke

yuke Member

Clearly Morgan is delusional. He locked an iron door to keep the Alpha Wolf in, while completely not noticing that there were no bars on the windows.

8. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Another poster - EvilChani - reminded me of something that Alpha-Wolf said to Morgan. He prefaced his proclamation that if he doesn't die that he will kill everybody, even the children, with "my code".

He's really the Yin to Morgan's Yang on a deep level. Morgan's mentality hanging on thin ice via a delusional "code", the Wolf the exact same but from the opposing side of spectrum. Code is a very important detail in this duality of the two different lunatics.

Alpha-Wolf is going to be the biggest effect to date on Morgan's existence, make or break.

9. mfinley

mfinley Member

Morgan's 'philosophy' is totally flawed and maybe the captured wolf will be what wakes Morgan up. In polite society we demonstrate how society doesn't follow every life is precious, we lock up for long periods of time, lock up for life and take the life of those deemed too dangerous to society, this is what we do without zombies and a civilized society, to pretend all life is precious in a new society without law, without social stigmas to keep people in line is naive. This wolf won't conform to Morgan's flawed philosophy no matter how much Morgan believes in it, sooner or later he is going to have to realize that him changing doesn't validate his philosophy.

10. lis5112

lis5112 Well-Known Member

I am *hoping* that Morgan will do the right thing by either killing the Wolf, or telling Rick he has him captive ....BUT, I doubt either will happen prior to the shit hitting the fan.

11. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

The captured Alpha Wolf is an interesting plot device to contrast ''all life is precious vs take no chances''.

On one hand, if the Alpha Wolf will be 'converted' and 'healed' totally and becomes a normal person again, Morgan wins outright.
    On the other hand, if the Alpha Wolf sneaks out from the room and kills, say, Judith. Morgan loses all and Rick wins everything.

I do not think the writers will give either Morgan or Rick total victory. I think, the fate of the Wolf will be somewhere in the middle. He will not be totally rehabilitated like what Eastman did to Morgan. But he will also not kill Judith. Even though he said his code is to kill everyone in the community, including children. We have already seen that the Wolves do take captives. So, the code is not strictly killing everyone. (Interestingly, this was what Morgan would do before he was 'healed' as he said he wanted to clear Eastman).

I am not sure what this 'somewhere in the middle' might actually play out in the show. Maybe the Alpha Wolf will give some valuable information about the rest of his clan so that ASZ can prepare better for the 2nd round of impending attack (eg, ''the rest of my clan will come again soon with a bigger force and with truckloads of walkers'' will be valuable)

#11 Blueman, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  12. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I think it would be more healthy for the show to Morgan to succeed rehabilitating the Wolf, but for the Wolves he released to have killed someone. It would be more interesting for him to accept that sometimes you shouldn't kill , but other times you should. I do think the show is biased too much to showing that you should always kill and never take chances. Everytime someone spares someone it ends up something bad. Why can't it end up good once in awhile? In reality I think sometimes these things (asking questions first then shooting ,rather than vice versa) will turn out for the better. we all know the real answer is a case by case basis, sometimes, you spare people's lives, other times, you kill and not take a chance. Not sure why the show's characters ALL think "kill everyone" or "kill nobody." Michonne's philosophy seems best in tune to where Morgan should be headed.

The show really should have something good come out of Morgan's philosophy. There's nothing interesting about the moral dilemna if one side of the dilemna is WINNING EVERYTHING and it's not even a debate.

#12 Spidey, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  13. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

The one intervention I'd give that Wolf, would be some Crest Whitening Strips...someone must have them in Alexandria :zombies_confused:

14. Blueman

If the show has the Alpha Wolf being totally rehabilitated, then I think the pendulum might be swung too much to one side. ''Wow! from now on, we will rehab everyone.'' And the show will likely have to portray another character who fails the rehab process in order to show that ''sometimes someone can be rehab and sometimes someone cannot be''.

So, instead of using this Alpha Wolf (as a success case) and then another character another story (as a failed case), the show will save time and will just just use this one Alpha Wolf character to be 'partially rehabilitated' to give some credits both to Morgan's as well as to Rick's.

15. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

That's interesting, I think that could work. What would you consider partially rehabilitated?

16. Blueman

Maybe he will be rehabilitated to an extent that he is willing to reveal info about his clan, but still will not fight alongside with Morgan against the incoming 2nd round of Wolves attack.
    Instead of lying that he is the last of his clan, he might warn Morgan that ''Look! My clan is not finished. My master will come again very soon with a bigger force. Trucks full of walkers will be used to ram down the wall''

17. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I don't think that wolf will be rehabilitated at all. He will be an example of someone who cannot be rehabbed where morgan is an example of someone who can

18. JMac

JMac Member

That wolf is bad news.
    I think Morgan should just give up trying to zen feed him.

19. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

You know, I thought he might have had a chance when he was rhapsodic about movies, people, interactions etc, he seemed childlike. Not now, not ever.

20. JMac

JMac Member

Agree!
    I just really hope Morgan doesn't put the ASZ in danger- but guess that's bound to happen, cause zen feeding him isn't.
    Hey maybe you'll know cause I was a lil confused with that- was he bit or was it a stab wound?