Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morgan's interaction/attempt to rehab Alpha wolf.

Discussion in 'Episode 604 - Here's Not Here' started by Ionut, Nov 2, 2015.

1. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

I'm surprised some people actually think the wolf can get rehabbed. How would that be interesting from a narrative standpoint? I'm not sure how it would play out, but eventually the wolf will force Morgan's hand on his newfound philosophy.

If tragedy ensues and Morgan doesn't change, I think there may be some eventual showdown with Carol based on their interactions this season. No matter what, I think the absolute worse Rick would ever do to Morgan is banishment because of past history. Carol doesn't have that.

2. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

Morgan has swung from one extreme worldview to another. I think it's more likely that he would be converted to whatever crazy ethos the Wolves embrace. Maybe he's keeping the Wolf to find out why he thinks the way he does. If he's just 'evil' then it would be an amazing coincidence that all the other Wolves just happened to be profound psychopaths that gravitated towards each other.

3. CarlsEye

CarlsEye Member

My personal prediction is that Morgan will die before he has a chance to tell anyone about the wolf or go back for him. He will spend the next week or so tied up and eventually die. Once dead and a walker trapped in that basement Sam will stumble upon him and get bit leaving Jessie childless after the death of Ron by the hands of Carl (unknown to anyone other than Carl and the now dead Morgan) Jessie now alone will seek out Rick and become the replacement for Andrea from the comic. Carl will have to live under the same roof with the woman whos son he killed and this along with the loss of his eye will slowly drive him insane. Once he can take it no longer he will run away with Enid eventually making it to the west coast where they will join the cast of Fear The Walking Dead.

Or more likely Rick will find out about Morgans pet wolf and they will fight over his life. During this fight Morgan will help bring Rick off his kill everyone kick and back down to reality.

4. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Morgan has 2 alternatives to work on the Alpha Wolf.

1. Bring in Denise to help to assess the mental condition of the wolf. She might not be a forensic psychiatrist but still is professional psychiatrist.

2. Use the classic good-cop-bad-cop approach: Morgan coming in as the good cop and Rick as the bad cop. Maybe this tactics will work.

5. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

If he goes back to Mr. Clear before the confrontation with Rick we will have a good fight. Rick will slap the shit out of him, eventhough Morgan has a stick. But I rather see Rick vs Clear than Rick vs Aikido

I doubt that too. There has to be something before he kills the Wolf or tells Rick. I'm 100% sure he will kill a main character.

This is what Morgan needs to become himself again. Unfortunately, when he finds out it's to late.

6. Bullseye

Bullseye Member

Couple of things, people refer to this guy as the alpha wolf, did I miss something, how do we know this is their top guy?

is it possible he has captured him so they can get info out him, who they are, what the want, how many of them there are etc. Could be he is waiting on Rick getting back before questioning him? But I also think he wants to rehabilitate him. But this will show you in this new world some people are just pure evil and can't be saved. But Rick can be, before he goes to far and I think, in the end, it's Rick he will save and bring back.

if Glenn really is dead (which I still can't believe as it's such a s****y was for such a huge character to go) especially going by how big an impact his comic book death had!! But if he is I think Morgan may get his comic book fate, showing him not all life is worth saving some people need to be killed.

7. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

It never occurred to me that Morgan could still be struggling with his sanity but that makes perfect sense. I dont think he'd embrace the Wolves mentality tho. I do wonder if he's keeping the Wolf to see if he can convert him. Sort of as a test. I dont think he's convinced that he can, but that seriously challenges his new worldview. All life is precious, but not everyone believes this and those people can and will hurt you. If Morgan can learn this then he and Rick can meet somewhere in the middle, but if he cant, he's still crazy and is himself as dangerous as the wolves for a community like the ASZ and Rick's clan.

This show is fascinating. I hope they can hold it all together for the long haul.

8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think AMC does not give this wolf character a name but rather uses 'alpha wolf' to designate him, to indicate his leadership of these 20 or so wolves. And he gets the most acting as well.

But, there could be other clans of wolves too. And there could be a Master controlling these clans/wolves as well.

9. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

I think it's very interesting because the Wolf is 100% the opposite of what Morgan is right now, and obviously shit's going to hit the fan now that he kept him alive (and locked him up even though he can easily break the glass and climb out lol). What someone mentioned, a chance being their that Morgan might take on their views is a possibility given how easily he's influenced, but I don't think that's it. Most likely, either Morgan will die before the others know about the Wolf, or the Wolf causes harm that forces Morgan to think twice about the flaws of his philosophy.

Either way, I'm expecting some really good episodes.

Uhhh....

10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The problem is that they pushed credibility a bit too far with this Wolf guy. He's just too over the top bad. It's like having Charles Manson Jr. locked up. It would've been more interesting if Morgan had taken in someone a little less threatening, maybe even one of the women in the group, who tried to play the victim angle with him. Then the audience might even have some doubt as to what will happen and we have some moral ambiguity injected into the mix.

This guy looks like he could put Judith on a rotisserie and slowly cook her alive. It just makes the Morgan character look bad, even with his whole approach.

I imagine they're going to eventually have Morgan see that his philosophy isn't practical in all cases. But then that won't seem like a good fit either, because the Wolves just chopped up the town, and this guy he's holding is completely unhinged. What more does he need? The only way around that at this stage would have been to have him holding someone captive who is a bit less threatening.

I don't have problem with him adopting this philosophy, just how they're portraying it.

11. drifter77

drifter77 Member

Wait, people are really talking about rehabilitating this psychopath?! Good lord! So, okay, Morgan works with him. They read "Art of Peace" for a couple weeks. Alpha Wolf has a "breakthrough". "Hey, you're right Morgan. I don't want to kill anymore. I'll just live here with you guys." Who on earth would trust this loon? Hell, even at the beginning of the ZA, they nearly executing a spaz kid just because he "might at some point cause problems". Now, way down the road, you'd let a "reformed" murderous crazy man live amongst you? The same guy who orchestrated a brutal attack that killed 15 of you? And nearly killed 2 (3 including Morgan) others?

12. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

A man who threatens babies.
    He'd be history in my ZA world

13. Watching Dead

Watching Dead Member

The Morgan character is worse than FG at this point IMO. Morgan's mind is too far gone and he can only live by one simple code at a time. Either everything dies, or everything lives. The zen Aikido philosophy is only a front to cover his mind being too broken to see the gray in-between the black and the white. Rick is stronger than that, he see's problems, analyzes them, talks them over with the group when he feels its necessary, makes a decision, and then takes action. Rick is still strong enough to think things over and realize that not every problem can be faced the same way.

Indirectly Morgan has become one of the biggest killers of innocent people on the show. In a way I am glad he is befriending the wolf, they have a lot in common they just kill people differently.

14. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Indeed. Polar opposites but the same extreme.

I'm amazed that people think Rick needs to be taken down a notch and is a psychopath himself.

15. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Among other things I don't see this turning out anything like the Eastman-Morgan relationship, because even if it did... Which it could, the Wolf even admitted that 'maybe' this will turn out like that, but then he laughed a little and went on another track... Which granted Morgan wasn't exactly cooperative at first, either.

But...
    One of the major differences I see is that when Morgan said "KILL ME" he was being defiant and extremely so, however when the Wolf calmly tells Morgan that if he doesn't die he's going to have to kill him it's totally matter of fact, not in your face at all.

There's more...
    Eastman took a chance with Morgan, no matter how I look at it I really thought Morgan was going to either kill Eastman or die trying, so he took a big chance and then came out ahead, however out in the woods it was just the two of them. They could act as rational or psychotic as they wanted to, even if things got violent it was only the two of them.
    Eastman took a big gamble, but his only ante was his own life, material things aside that is all he was gambling with, his life.

With the Wolf there's an entire town of people surrounding whatever affair develops, and that's where the danger lies.

#35 8307c4, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  16. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

I'm looking forward to finding out who in the ASZ is going to be the sacrificial goat in the Alpha Wolf/Morgan dynamic. Too much emphasis was given to Tabitha for her to be just a cute distraction.

17. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

He can't be rehabilitated and Morgan WAKES THE F UP.
    But not before the wolf kills him

:Chainsaw:

18. batongal

batongal Active Member

In Morgan's defense he's been through the gamut and he's been through it alone. Rick has had a group, a community from the very beginning otherwise he'd be on the brink of insanity as well.

I think Morgan is still grappling with the Aikido concept. He's aware the philosophy has no gray areas but they do exist according to how each individual interprets. Eastman himself admitted to killing Crighton Dallas while he had already taken up Aikido. That was how he knocked Crighton out when attacked in prison so Eastman was a bit of a hypocrite. Morgan will figure out what's best for him, but of course it will be too late.

19. GelnnNotDead

GelnnNotDead New Member

Hi all. I'm new around here and thought I'd chime in for my first post. As a few people have mentioned, i think Morgan's sparing of the wolf will result in someone else being killed an Morgan having to face a "flaw" in his kill-no one philosophy. At one point during Eastman's conversations with Morgan, he remarks on Morgan's reactions and how they are a result of PTSD as opposed to pure psychopathy. The way the wolf calmly explains that he will kill everyone, even the children was a shout out to Eastman's comment, i thought.

I think Morgan and the wolf are presented to show us that there is a continuum of violence upon which each person in the WD can be placed. One who will not kill at any cost and one who will kill for the fun of it, for any reason or for no reason at all.

Earlier in this thread someone mentions that the wolf is not as crafty as Dallas Wilton. It's true that he is pretty blunt about his intentions but he does have charm (for a crazy wild man) and tries to manipulate Morgan by telling him that the wolves came because he hoped someone could help him treat his wound. Says he is sweaty and shaking. So in a sense, there is some deceit and manipulation in his approach.

#39 GelnnNotDead, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  20. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

Yes, it's clear that Rick has empathy and so isn't a psychopath. He probably has PTSD though. As does Morgan, but he's also delusional - he can feel the pain of others, but seems blind to their motives and capabilities. His caged Wolf should be dead already.